U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,583,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Most immigrants i know act like blacks are beneath them. question-how many blacks were there in that parade?
Thank you. If it isn't the language barrier, it is the competition that the two groups are within. Just being in this thread gets me going because I think about everything involved in this: the relations between black people and Hispanic illegal immigrants, the future for the two groups, the competition of jobs, housing, education. It's just really messed up. I need to see more people talking about this, I've seen some articles though.

Mexicans Bash Blacks In US Broadcast Show [Video] : Diggers Realm

La Shawn Barber : Blacks and Hispanics Natural Allies? - Townhall.com

Blacks split on support for illegal immigrants - chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I agree...Messy Jesse should know better, but then again that's why WE call him Messy to begin with. What in the world is he thinking.
That's why they aren't our leaders. They're partying with Barack somewhere right now.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
Jackson, thank you for all you do. God is watching. This is the perfect day to increase awareness of the hardships our undocumented brothers go through everyday.
It's the perfect day? What do you know about Black American history in the US to call it the perfect day? Seriously, break it down for me without going throughout the internet to look for cool, fun facts. What do your "undocumented brothers" know about Black American history to piggy back onto it in order to justify why they should be here working and living illegally?

Perfect day?

Old 01-19-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Which is why i get offended when folks call them OUR BLACK LEADERS
Exactly. We need to make ourselves our leaders.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
Maybe because some people only look up to celebrities? Isn't that the reason why the hip hop culture is so popular? Nobody seems to be offended by the reckless behaviors of some of these artist but God forbid These leaders make a mistake. Just erase everything they said, trash their names and go to listening to 50cent or gloryfying child molestors like the guy that believes he can fly. I'm not black but Im offended by this. Blacks destroying the only positive leaders they have.
Weren't you just praising Jesse Jackson? "Positive leaders?" This is a fine example of when someone who could not possibly understand shouldn't speak. What do you know about judging whether a black leader is a positive black leader or not? In the eyes of black person who obviously cares about this matter (black leadership), how can you question that person's view on this as a black man or woman?

I'm sorry, but in this situation, you said it right, "I'm not black, ..." it should have stopped there.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Excuse me? Last time I checked: the President of the USA; Barack Obama, is counted as 'Black'---------and, he is the leader of all Americans. Oprah is another de facto leader. And we are not even discussing folks like (Ret) General Colin Powell or Condi Rice.
General Colin Powell is an exceptional man. I've heard him speak a few times and he is very honest and very real about who he is and where he comes from.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:52 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I do believe illegal immigration is insidious. I also believe that illegal aliens are treated humanely. They are treated far better than any black citizen was treated in this country in the past. So, whenever I hear accusations of inhumanity and indignity relative to illegal immigration, I have to laugh.

I really don’t know how much more generous we can be. We pay for their children to receive an education, including ESL classes and free breakfast/lunch. We pay for them to give birth, as well as provide for them and their children once they are born. We treat them free of charge at our hospitals, including translator services. We provide free organ transplants and kidney dialysis. We provide them with subsidized housing, WIC, and welfare. We turn a blind eye to them loitering at Home Depot, and working illegally on construction sites. We absolve them of ID theft if they claim ignorance to using a “real” ID. Some states even issue them driver’s licenses, and offer in-state tuition. We do all of this, in spite of their illegal status. Yet, they show no appreciation, and arrogantly demand more.

So, tell me, how have they been denied basic human rights and dignity?

Basic Human rights and basic human dignity are not forfeited at the border...

Its a very simple statement...Has nothing to do with your tretment of anyone. It address the teachings of Dr. King...there is Dignity in every man; Godgiven.

Im not here to ask anything from you, there is no need to ask. Im not here to advocate for anyone. My intention is to make clear-crystal clear-that no one race, no one color owns the Civil right movement.

Complain til your heart's content, because I know you have no power, no real power...You propose no logical immagration reform. You dont even know where to start. All you have is the ability to complain...how well is that working for you? Changed many immagration laws lately?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Its a very simple statement...Has nothing to do with your tretment of anyone. It address the teachings of Dr. King...there is Dignity in every man; Godgiven.

Im not here to ask anything from you, there is no need to ask. Im not here to advocate for anyone. My intention is to make clear-crystal clear-that no one race, no one color owns the Civil right movement.

Complain til your heart's content, because I know you have no power, no real power...You propose no logical immagration reform. You dont even know where to start. All you have is the ability to complain...how well is that working for you? Changed many immagration laws lately?
Of course not: criminals do happen to have some rights in this nation-----------and, illegal aliens are criminals factoring in ID theft, non reporting of income, etc.

As for CIR: I am OK with that if it includes E-Verify across the board, English as our official language, cancelling birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies under a certain arbitrary age (grandfather in the existing ones), etc.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
a. . .As for CIR: I am OK with that if it includes E-Verify across the board,
ABSOLUTLY! This will allow the prosecution of the employers!

Quote:
English as our official language
California already had "duel language" put to the vote.... SOLIDLY REJECTED. ENGLISH ONLY

Quote:
cancelling birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies under a certain arbitrary age (grandfather in the existing ones.
H.R. 1868, currenly in congress! At least one parent must be landed immigrant for citizenship to be automatic. if CIR occurs, THIS IS A MUST!

Old 01-19-2010, 10:42 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

That's pretty much sums up A LARGE percentage of posters here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration