U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You missed my point to soedible, in his post he used words like..." They are the most crafty and sneaky people". My intention was to point out that no mater if someine is here leagally or not to label another group of people is counter to Dr. King's teachings.

I am not arguing rights for any group, even though many posters believe that since the illegal act of crossing the border makes humans a insidious foreign presence...

Basic Human rights and basic human dignity are not forfeited at the border...

I will discuss and an agree with any good, feasible plan to reform immagration laws...but I've yet to any practical plan or even ideas on reform...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Basic Human rights and basic human dignity are not forfeited at the border...

Its a very simple statement...Has nothing to do with your tretment of anyone. It address the teachings of Dr. King...there is Dignity in every man; Godgiven.

Im not here to ask anything from you, there is no need to ask. Im not here to advocate for anyone. My intention is to make clear-crystal clear-that no one race, no one color owns the Civil right movement.

Complain til your heart's content, because I know you have no power, no real power...You propose no logical immagration reform. You dont even know where to start. All you have is the ability to complain...how well is that working for you? Changed many immagration laws lately?
So, in response to my question, you essentially repeated your message, and added a few snide remarks for good measure. . . . to make it clear-crystal-clear? Yes, your agenda is quite transparent. But then, it was easily comprehended without repetition. Apparently, you are one of the few who actually believes we need immigration reform. I dont, so why would I formulate a plan?

Power is relative. However, in this context. . .

Citizen = Power
Illegal Alien = No Power

I have the power. Do you?

BTW, I took the liberty of posting the entire paragraph, and the source of your favorite quote.

Quote:
Note: I am purposefully avoiding legal versus illegal to define immigrants, since my presupposition is that moral matters transcend legal ones, where the latter ought be a reflection of the former (notwithstanding laws surrounding a womans right to legalized abortion). Whether immigrants are in America legally or illegally is a secondary matter to having their basic human rights met. Put differently, crossing the border does not forfeit ones basic human rights (surely GITMO has taught us this much by now).
Practice Hospitality to the Immigrant? ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ (in Christ Jesus)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So, in response to my question, you essentially repeated your message, and added a few snide remarks for good measure. . . . to make it clear-crystal-clear? Yes, your agenda is quite transparent. But then, it was easily comprehended without repetition. Apparently, you are one of the few who actually believes we need immigration reform. I dont, so why would I formulate a plan?

Power is relative. However, in this context. . .

Citizen = Power
Illegal Alien = No Power

I have the power. Do you?

BTW, I took the liberty of posting the entire paragraph, and the source of your favorite quote.

Practice Hospitality to the Immigrant? ἐν Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ (in Christ Jesus)
So you want to perpetuate the hegemony that has created the AMERICAN underclass...that's the grand implication of your comments. It's bad when people don't use historical models, other nationas, and facts to base their claims. You get emotional filled rants about how to be hostile and a false sense of "power" when in fact you become nothing more than a corporate pawn. Your brand of anti-illegal sentiment enables the continued wage depression, the lack of services to AMERICANS in areas of high illegal immigration, and a black market economy that lines the pockets of criminals who manipulate the system. Instead of a moderate reform, you want a complete lockdown that will drive employers to simply become a part of the informal sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration