U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:40 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
Good questions. Im all for helping them as long as it doesnt put anymore strain on our jobs extc... and as long as we can keep them in 1 place where we know when their country is fixed we can send them back home. This will also help them adapt to a diff environment.
First off, it won't affect jobs. Secondly, you want to restrict their movement? Geez...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
What about those FEMA centers that were being built. They were intended for Americans...so I see no reason that they can't be used for all the Haitians coming over. They were good enough for us right? So why not them?
The thing is that this disaster affected nearly the entire country. Where would we draw the line on how many to import to our country? Surely you don't think we can accomodate them all. Better to help them with resources to rebuild their country there and life sustaining supplies.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 AM

77 posts, read 88,134 times
We need amnesty and more haitian refugees to survive as a nation. Harworking, low skilled workers. The Asians are the ones that are taking our high paying jobs. Our baby boom population is very large and they are starting to retire. We caanot support them with the current population and we still have some land left for more refugees. The more tax paying people we can get the better, but we need the right people. Most Americans need more waiters , cashiers, cooks to service their needs not more computer programmers

Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
We need amnesty and more haitian refugees to survive as a nation. Harworking, low skilled workers. The Asians are the ones that are taking our high paying jobs. Our baby boom population is very large and they are starting to retire. We caanot support them with the current population and we still have some land left for more refugees. The more tax paying people we can get the better, but we need the right people. Most Americans need more waiters , cashiers, cooks to service their needs not more computer programmers
Yes because we don't produce any low skilled workers of our own.
The Asians are the villans now?
What land is left is for refugee's and not US citizens?
Not so long ago college kids and H.S kids were waiters.
Many of the Asians you speak of are in the medical field. As in Doctors and Nurses. Oh and by the way they did not enter by way of stealth and lead a criminal life style. So we should punish the honest immigrants and reward the criminals. I must have some form of Mad cows disease because damn if I can make any sense of this.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:54 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
I have no problem with importing Haitians or any other group of low skilled workers as long as there is a proven need for them and they come legally, contrary to the fact that I am getting attributed with someone else's different views on this in error. We also have to keep population growth in mind however. I personally am for a smaller economy in keeping with a smaller population. I also think we need to be fair to all potential immigrants both skilled and unskilled and allow equal numbers from the different ethnic groups.

In the case of the Haitians, I still think it better to help them in their own country right now as we have a high unemployment rate and our economy isn't stable right now.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not so long ago college kids and H.S kids were waiters.
Many of the Asians you speak of are in the medical field. As in Doctors and Nurses. Oh and by the way they did not enter by way of stealth and lead a criminal life style. So we should punish the honest immigrants and reward the criminals. I must have some form of Mad cows disease because damn if I can make any sense of this.
and they still are but many choose not to work now days, people cAn afford to go to college without the need for a side job and concentrate on getting better grades. Did you work and go to college at the same time? I did and it's probably the only decision I regret in my life. I should have requested a loan instead of falling asleep in my car For sleeping only 2 hours at night and getting lower grades because I didn't have time to study

as for the Asians whaterver, say that to anybody that works in the high tech field Medical field? What a joke! Americans and and second generation immigrants should be doing those jobs, it's not like being chinese gives you a physical advantage. Let them be doctors nurses computer programmers in their own countires and stop stealing our high paying jobS. We don't need them unless we aspire to be their waiters and cashiers in the future

Last edited by L&P90210; 01-20-2010 at 10:57 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
and they still are but many choose not to work now days, people cAn afford to go to college without the need for a side job and concentrate on getting better grades. Did you work and go to college at the same time? I did and it's probably the only decision I regret in my life. I should have requested a loan instead of falling asleep in my car For sleeping only 2 hours at night and getting lower grades because I didn't have time to study
NO. I didn't go to college. I was wearing the uniform of my country instead. Wounded in battle several times and served with honor from day 1 to my last day.
When I got out I worked low end jobs often as many as 3 at any time. I had a baby to pay for and my pride does not permit me to accept gov assistance. You see I believe that I made that baby I better pay for it.
We don't need illegals. There are quite a few vets like me as well as non-vets that need those jobs. Deserve those jobs. Not 1 illegal deserves a job in this country nor has any right to a job in this country.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:01 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
FYI: the cold reality is that many of us Baby Boomers will not be able to retire as it is (too many of us still alive although we are dropping off in droves) --------which negates the putative 'need' for illegal aliens.

As for Haitians: anymore, better them here illegally than anybody else since there is no Haiti for many to return to.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
NO. I didn't go to college. I was wearing the uniform of my country instead. Wounded in battle several times and served with honor from day 1 to my last day.
When I got out I worked low end jobs often as many as 3 at any time. I had a baby to pay for and my pride does not permit me to accept gov assistance. You see I believe that I made that baby I better pay for it.
We don't need illegals. There are quite a few vets like me as well as non-vets that need those jobs. Deserve those jobs. Not 1 illegal deserves a job in this country nor has any right to a job in this country.
sorry but the vets I know are not competing for low paying jobs with illegals. Thank you for serving our country but I think it's time you make better career choices, talk to vets assistance, relocate cause you are really an exception to the rule.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: the cold reality is that many of us Baby Boomers will not be able to retire as it is (too many of us still alive although we are dropping off in droves) --------which negates the putative 'need' for illegal aliens.
Uh? HAve you looked at population estimates by the department of labor? Unless the swine flu develops a much strongerstrain for 62 or older, that ain't happening my friend. And whatever my parent are baby boomers and they are getting their social security and Medicare. People just whine too much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration