U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I canít thank you enough for your service and sacrifice for this country. Your friends did not die in vain, because we will fight until the bitter end to protect our country from foreign invaders. It truly sickens me that pro-illegals are so desperate for amnesty that they would disrespect our brave soldiers, or attempt to marginalize the plight of many vets who are struggling to survive in this country. Itís appalling, to say the least.
Thank you for the kind words. Normally I don't talk a whole lot about those who fell. But to see posts comparing the plight of illegals to the plight of fallen and broken soldiers was just to much.
It really is a disgrace that we can mobilize and go to the rescue of Haiti. A self inflicted crap hole. But when it comes to our own soldiers, our own homeless. They are treated like a dirty family secret.
The funny thing is that I was considering take 2 weeks vacation to go help in the relief effort. Not now not ever.
I want to thant Latinandproud and that1guy for reminding me that I should feel outraged by how our fallen and broken are treated. Now I understand why. Because some people equate them to illegal aliens.
They are equated to criminals who infest our nations like roaches infest even a clean apartment. No matter how clean you keep your apartment if your neighbors is dirty you have the roach problem too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 03:13 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,031,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The thing is that this disaster affected nearly the entire country. Where would we draw the line on how many to import to our country? Surely you don't think we can accomodate them all. Better to help them with resources to rebuild their country there and life sustaining supplies.
From what I've seen on tv the whole country was not destroyed by the quake. Yes, the quake probably does affect every Haitian in some way, but one side of the country is undamaged.
My brother and I discussed moving those directly affected to the other side of the island in tent cities. It would be a vast improvement from where they are now. After our discussion, he heard them say that is what they are going to be doing. Here they will have access to food, water, shelter and other help they will need to survive and thrive.
I think it would work well if they bus workers back into the damaged area to clean and rebuild. They need to move everyone out and they need to rebuild.
Money and supplies are pouring into the country now and will continue to do so.
After seeing the devastation, I can only hope that the cities they rebuild are of a better quality than those destroyed.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:37 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
From what I've seen on tv the whole country was not destroyed by the quake. Yes, the quake probably does affect every Haitian in some way, but one side of the country is undamaged.
My brother and I discussed moving those directly affected to the other side of the island in tent cities. It would be a vast improvement from where they are now. After our discussion, he heard them say that is what they are going to be doing. Here they will have access to food, water, shelter and other help they will need to survive and thrive.
I think it would work well if they bus workers back into the damaged area to clean and rebuild. They need to move everyone out and they need to rebuild.
Money and supplies are pouring into the country now and will continue to do so.
After seeing the devastation, I can only hope that the cities they rebuild are of a better quality than those destroyed.
Just about the best post that I have seen so far.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,031,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Just about the best post that I have seen so far.
Thanks.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:55 PM

183 posts, read 205,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thank you for the kind words. Normally I don't talk a whole lot about those who fell. But to see posts comparing the plight of illegals to the plight of fallen and broken soldiers was just to much.
It really is a disgrace that we can mobilize and go to the rescue of Haiti. A self inflicted crap hole. But when it comes to our own soldiers, our own homeless. They are treated like a dirty family secret.
The funny thing is that I was considering take 2 weeks vacation to go help in the relief effort. Not now not ever.
I want to thant Latinandproud and that1guy for reminding me that I should feel outraged by how our fallen and broken are treated. Now I understand why. Because some people equate them to illegal aliens.
They are equated to criminals who infest our nations like roaches infest even a clean apartment. No matter how clean you keep your apartment if your neighbors is dirty you have the roach problem too.

Lol you just used the same comparison I always have. cockroaches. you get one you end up with a million and no matter what you do to try and get rid of them they wont go away. They serve no purpose.

Latino and Proud
It would be one thing to employ LEGAL help if we were over run with jobs and not enough workers. The problem is you got it azz backwards. we are over run with people... AMERICAN CITIZENS in desperate need of jobs and not enough work for them.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:29 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,394 times
Well, from what I saw on CNN this morning, I think I prefer the Haitians. A rescue team from LA pulled a woman out of the rubble, and the crowd that had gathered started chanting "USA, USA, USA." In my book that beats marching in the streets of this country waving Mexican flags. At least the Haitins seem to be appreciative, not insolent, and demanding.

If we had less illegal aliens here, especially from SOB, we'd have more room for Haitians, and people would be more receptive to the idea of bringing them here. Unfortunately, the millions of illegal aliens already here have made people very skeptical about, or actually turned them against, bringing in any more foreigners.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:48 PM

1,150 posts, read 992,394 times
<,There is a special place reserved for you and the rest of our dedicated and brave military men in the after life.>>

Amen!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,165,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Well, from what I saw on CNN this morning, I think I prefer the Haitians. A rescue team from LA pulled a woman out of the rubble, and the crowd that had gathered started chanting "USA, USA, USA." In my book that beats marching in the streets of this country waving Mexican flags. At least the Haitins seem to be appreciative, not insolent, and demanding.

If we had less illegal aliens here, especially from SOB, we'd have more room for Haitians, and people would be more receptive to the idea of bringing them here. Unfortunately, the millions of illegal aliens already here have made people very skeptical about, or actually turned them against, bringing in any more foreigners.
That is what makes illegal immigration so unfair. Most of the illegals are here from mostly south of our border. Not that I would approve of illegal immigration if it were more evenly distributed among different ethnic groups but the former makes for so many more problems in regards to colonization and banding together in a much larger group as they have openly done in defiance of our laws and making demands.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:25 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post

I couldnít agree more. I also heard the chant, and it really made me feel good to know how much they appreciate our help. Have you also noticed many speak English?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 PM

183 posts, read 205,551 times
It sucks we cant help them more than we are now. I wouldnt mind them blending in with us if we didnt have the problem we have today. If they nipped this crap in the bud from the beginning wed have the jobs and resources to help them more. In times of natural disaster we cant do what we do best because of the illegals already here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration