U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:57 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
My husband is El Dakar and he is on the ground in Petionville, Haiti. He asked me to submit this post on his behalf:

"I have arrived safely in this extremely devasted country to volunteer my skills; skills which are so sorely needed at this time here in this seemingly hopeless situation. A few days ago I was in the comfort of my home debating the severity of this situation. Now as I stand here and witness the devastation and suffering with my own eyes I realize that footage on the six o'clock news cannot do justice in trying to convey the seriousness of the situation. So I say to you, the posters of City Data, try to put any prejuidices and politics aside and do whatever you can to help these truly humble neighbors of ours in their time of desperate need. These people are so absolutely grateful for the support that the US has given them.

I think it is safe to say that the US is going to be on the receiving end of thousands of homeless Hatians. In painful situations, in times of natural disasters and acts of God such as these, it is incumbent upon those who are more fortunate to open their arms and to put aside politics and other controversies in favor of true selflessness. Gratitude has taken on a new meaning for me in the short time that I have been here.

If you wish to: Write your congressperson or senator and tell them it is imperative that they act fast to bring as many suffering Hatians as possible here to the US. There are thousands of orphans and millions of homeless whose lives depend on the actions of the United States."

Thank You
El Dakar
Charity starts at home. We have 250,000 homeless on any given day.
We have native Americans on reservations who are starving.
We have a 10%= unemployment rate.
Please anyone on city data write your congressman and tell them that it is imperative that we take care of our own citizens before we attempt to cure the world.
Europe is ready, Europe is in position, please allow Europe to stand up and do the right thing. Allow Europe to lead the effort and demonstrate to the USA that after years of armchair quarterbacking that finally they can do something besides complain about how we do things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 PM

183 posts, read 204,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Charity starts at home. We have 250,000 homeless on any given day.
We have native Americans on reservations who are starving.
We have a 10%= unemployment rate.
Please anyone on city data write your congressman and tell them that it is imperative that we take care of our own citizens before we attempt to cure the world.
Europe is ready, Europe is in position, please allow Europe to stand up and do the right thing. Allow Europe to lead the effort and demonstrate to the USA that after years of armchair quarterbacking that finally they can do something besides complain about how we do things.

I agree with you. I have no idea how to get the congressmans info and no idea what to say without sounding "unprofessional" or just plain uneducated. I dont speak politics very well .

Old 01-23-2010, 09:03 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
"If you wish to: Write your congressperson or senator and tell them it is imperative that they act fast to bring as many suffering Hatians as possible here to the US. There are thousands of orphans and millions of homeless whose lives depend on the actions of the United States."

First off who is being prejudiced against Haitians? Secondly, we are doing what we should be doing, helping them to rebuild and sending supplies to them in their own country. No, we should not be importing as many here as possible! We cannot afford to do that having them compete for our jobs and benefits along with all the illegal aliens we have doing that already. We already have over 300 million people in this country. Think! Why should we exercise that type of humanitarian effort when it would be totally inhumane to our own people?

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-23-2010 at 10:23 AM..

Old 01-23-2010, 09:11 AM

183 posts, read 204,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"If you wish to: Write your congressperson or senator and tell them it is imperative that they act fast to bring as many suffering Hatians as possible here to the US. There are thousands of orphans and millions of homeless whose lives depend on the actions of the United States."

First off who is being prejudiced against Haitians? Seondly, we are doing what we should be doing, helping them to rebuild and sending supplies to them in their own country. No, we should not be importing as many here as possible! We cannot afford to do that having them compete for our jobs and benefits along with all the illegal aliens we have doing that already. We already have over 300 million people in this country. Think! Why should we exercise that type of humanitarian effort when it would be totally inhumane to our own people?
well said. Have you noticed the people that call us selfish for feeling the way we do and are all for bringing more here and amnesty, they have secure jobs and homes. They dont have to worry bout that being taken from them. They are offering OUR jobs and homes. Yet they are disgusted by our selfishness? Hypocrites. Everythings all well and good for them. The economy is just fine when you have money . Blind people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration