U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 03:32 AM

28,000 posts, read 46,434,155 times

Advertisements

MIAMI — America has a message for the millions of Haitians left homeless and destitute by last week’s earthquake: Do not try to come to the United States.

Every day, a United States Air Force cargo plane specially equipped with radio transmitters flies for five hours over the devastated country, broadcasting news and a recorded message from Raymond Joseph, Haiti’s ambassador in Washington.

Homeless Haitians Told Not to Flee to U.S. - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,460,639 times
Why do we block our friends from Hati from coming here to seek a better life, to do the work americans will not do. and feed their families and DO VERY VERY LITTLE TO STOP THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF HISPANICS flooding our country? Tell me why this isnt racist. Why do the illegal hispanics have a right to steal from us but not the Haitians? I cry UNFAIR

Old 01-19-2010, 11:45 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Why do we block our friends from Hati from coming here to seek a better life, to do the work americans will not do. and feed their families and DO VERY VERY LITTLE TO STOP THE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF HISPANICS flooding our country? Tell me why this isnt racist. Why do the illegal hispanics have a right to steal from us but not the Haitians? I cry UNFAIR
That is indeed a valid question. Some say we can’t “afford” to send our military to our southern border. Yet, somehow we CAN afford to send our military to intercept Haitians fleeing a catastrophic natural disaster. And, I do believe they will be required to continue their deployment indefinitely, give the dire straits in Haiti. Hmmm. . . .

Quote:
“Listen, don’t rush on boats to leave the country,” Mr. Joseph says in Creole, according to a transcript released by the Pentagon. “If you do that, we’ll all have even worse problems. Because, I’ll be honest with you: If you think you will reach the U.S. and all the doors will be wide open to you, that’s not at all the case. And they will intercept you right on the water and send you back home where you came from.”

Old 01-19-2010, 11:52 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,789,568 times
our government isn't blocking our "friends from haiti". government and church officials are bringing haitians into the country right now:
Gov. Rendell Jetting To Haiti On Mission To Rescue Orphans | Philly | 01/18/2010

this:
http://gimundo.com/news/article/pier...i-to-united-s/

as well as this:
Finally! The U.S. designates Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Haiti. Thousands of Haitian in the U.S. are elligible. http://cli.gs/94HDM
about 13 hours ago from API

Never Let a Crisis Go To Waste
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”

— Rahm Emanuel

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-19-2010 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration