U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:15 AM

2,327 posts, read 6,081,508 times

Advertisements

I'll start off my saying this: whenever I hear some pundit droning on and on about the "12 million illegals" in the US, I want to stick a fork directly in my eye.

That figure is about as accurate as the digital sign that hangs over Vietnam Veterans Blvd (outside Nashville) and lets drivers know how long it will take them to get to downtown during morning rush.

When that sign says 11-13 minutes, I know it's going to be 20. And when I hear "12 million illegals," I know the real number is at least twice that.

With that in mind, know that I would love more than anything to be able to round up every last one of them and ship them home.

That isn't going to happen. Therefore, our only option is to give them reason to take it upon themselves to trek back across the border.

We MUST take away every incentive they have for coming here. I mean EVERY DAMN LUXURY they receive by sneaking into our country. Jobs, healthcare, education, social services -- they all must be REVOKED from people who are in this country illegally.

In short, we must de-magnetize the United States of America.

Authorities must start "auditing" factories, construction sites, and other employers known for hiring illegals. Make them produce some papers on their employees. No, we're not going to bust them all, but if we nab a few of the big ones, pretty soon employers from New York to L.A. will be so paranoid that they'll start sending the illegs packing.

We MUST change the law that states any child born in the United States is automatically a citizen, even if both of its parents are illegals. This is wrong on so many levels. The law was originally implemented to protect the children of freed slaves; obviously, this is no longer applicable. If one parent were required to be legal for a child to gain citizenship, a lot of our problems would be solved.

Next, we must ELIMINATE free public education for illegals. It incenses me to no end when I hear about laws that actually PROHIBIT children from being denied an education based on immigration status. Free educations are part of the reason these people are here! Take it away and they have less reason to be here and more reason to go home.

Something else that gets my blood boiling: heathcare for illegals. When some illegal chick goes to the hospital to have her 9th anchor baby, who pays? WE DO, <snip>. I say that if an illegal shows up at an American hospital for ANY reason, if he ain't got the cash in his pocket to pay for whatever he needs done, he is shown the door and referred to a nice hospital south of the border.

In summation, we have to quit coddling to these <snip> and giving them ten million reasons to be here if we expect to get rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 11:08 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
You have my vote....But I would at least like to try to deport all of them...

Old 05-25-2007, 12:16 PM

11,425 posts, read 16,659,834 times
I couldn't agree more.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:30 PM

26 posts, read 296,017 times
"When some illegal chick goes to the hospital to have her 9th anchor baby," haha.. very true. i know many 30+ grandmas in my neiborhood. we all have big families hehehe..

Old 05-25-2007, 09:02 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,148 times
I vote Pimpy for President!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:26 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Default Pimpy for President

LOL, careful with that fork Pimpy, we don't need a one eyed President.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,892,377 times
Well, if they handed out uzi's at the border, I would be glad to help.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:03 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Great Post Pimpy! But three quarters of our government in Washington wants them to stay. So maybe we need to throw the bums in DC out with the illegals.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:39 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,994,411 times
I agree with Hawkeye. The government is in favor of and enabling them to be here. Jeez, I bet it's nice to have free medical, welfare, free education, I wonder what that's like ?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or