U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:01 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How will Mexico ever get its act together if the U.S. continues to be its safety valve? We have millions of poor citizens in this country, yet we aren’t dumping them on Canada. There is much wealth in Mexico. It’s way past time for them to improve their country and take care of their own. I’m sick of hearing about how poor Mexicans have no choice but to flee to the US, and that we are obligated to help them.

The part I don't understand is why the poor in Countries like Mexico just keep breeding and breeding and breeding. They are not going to breed their way into prosperity. Unless of course they do it on the backs of other people in another Country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The part I don't understand is why the poor in Countries like Mexico just keep breeding and breeding and breeding. They are not going to breed their way into prosperity. Unless of course they do it on the backs of other people in another Country.
They are irresponsible and lack common sense. As long as they can continue to give birth and rely on others to support them, they will continue to irresponsibly bring more children into this world. It’s also the entitlement mindset. They believe due to their “poor” status, they are entitled to receive help from others. You know, “Poor me, I can’t have what others have, so I have a right to take from them. After all, they have more than they need.” It’s sickening.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
They are irresponsible and lack common sense. As long as they can continue to give birth and rely on others to support them, they will continue to irresponsibly bring more children into this world. It’s also the entitlement mindset. They believe due to their “poor” status, they are entitled to receive help from others. You know, “Poor me, I can’t have what others have, so I have a right to take from them. After all, they have more than they need.” It’s sickening.
Part of the reason is that they are stuck back in the old days where large families were needed to work their land and death came at a much earlier time in ones' life. Another reason is their Catholic beliefs. Once they reach our soil though they figure out real fast that more babies equals more welfare benefits and money.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Really? Did they tell you that themselves? How can we expect to have a serious conversation when often many of you have invented such stereotypes of them? I have asked before, do you know an illegal immigrant from Mexico as you seem to pretty much have illegal immigrants from Mexico figured out? Your statements reveal that you have not. You made a general statement about the people of Mexico, in Mexico when I doubt you know anyone living there. Why do you keep denying what is obvious? I thought you limited your statements to illegal immigrants? I'm sick and tired of the never ending stereotypes you all make up of Mexicans and Mexico.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Part of the reason is that they are stuck back in the old days where large families were needed to work their land and death came at a much earlier time in ones' life. Another reason is their Catholic beliefs. Once they reach our soil though they figure out real fast that more babies equals more welfare benefits and money.
True. They have been taught to believe they should have as many children as God permits. I would think if God truly wanted them to have so many children, He would also provide support. Well, I guess indirectly He does (U.S. welfare system).

Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Really? Did they tell you that themselves? How can we expect to have a serious conversation when often many of you have invented such stereotypes of them? I have asked before, do you know an illegal immigrant from Mexico as you seem to pretty much have illegal immigrants from Mexico figured out? Your statements reveal that you have not. You made a general statement about the people of Mexico, in Mexico when I doubt you know anyone living there. Why do you keep denying what is obvious? I thought you limited your statements to illegal immigrants? I'm sick and tired of the never ending stereotypes you all make up of Mexicans and Mexico.
Ok, then you tell us why the poor in Mexico continue to have numerous babies they can't afford to feed and why when they enter our country illegally they continue to do so. I already gave explanations in another post above. Am I wrong?

Old 01-21-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ok, then you tell us why the poor in Mexico continue to have numerous babies they can't afford to feed and why when they enter our country illegally they continue to do so. I already gave explanations in another post above. Am I wrong?
Before we do that why don't you check the number of children per family in Mexico before made an uneducated statement?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Please direct me to where I even once mentioned “Mexicans.” It appears it is YOU who has an obsession.

Note that the question I responded to stated Countries like Mexico.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Before we do that why don't you check the number of children per family in Mexico before made an uneducated statement?
Depends on whether you break out the numbers of poor Mexicans from the more afluent. Last I read the poor have 3 or more.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Please direct me to where I even once mentioned “Mexicans.” It appears it is YOU who has an obsession.

Note that the question I responded to stated Countries like Mexico.

That is exactly my point. ATP said, Mexico keeps breeding and breeding, your statement was, "lack of common sense, irresponsibility, entitlement mentality", etc. This us not making statements about Mexicans and Mexico?

Please, at least be honest with yourself. Have a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or