U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:25 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ask the Haitians....
Yes, I am aware of that, and it is deplorable. However, I get tired of people bashing this country as though we are the only country in the world guilty of transgressions. If they hate the U.S., why not leave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 12:27 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There's not another country who's immigration Laws are any easier. Millions of immirant have migrated here legally and without complain, most would addmitt that it was worth the time and money they spent.
Why should we make it any easier for those who are willing to break/ignore our laws once they get here?

If you can't handle our immigration laws, you don't deserve to live here. It's that simple.
For those who don't like...TS!
Amen to that!

Old 01-21-2010, 01:22 PM

11 posts, read 9,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
The US is Mexico's safety valve?
Yes.

Do you really think that the Mexican government would willfully and gladly take back all of the Mexican illegal immigrants that are currently living in the United States? It would be Mexico's biggest nightmare to have to take back all of these millions of people.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Before we do that why don't you check the number of children per family in Mexico before made an uneducated statement?
With the exception of polygamist Mormons,Octomom,the Duggar family and select Welfare queens most of the people you meet in S. California with exceptionally large families(6 + children) are mostly Latino.What kind of spin are you trying to do with your data?I've worked with quite a few over the years that came from families with even 13+ siblings and many that were in families of 7 or more.What is weird is when you have aunts and uncles that are several years younger then their nephews and neices.

The Catholic church in it's Medieval mindset is promoting this,they should rightly teach their followers that it is a FAR greater sin to bring children into this world that they cannot take care of than using birth control.In regards to statements about more affluent and educated Latinos having families that probably is correct and and is one of the reasons why they maintain their affluence.I remember reading a few years back that Mexico had a public program trying to send home the message that having smaller families were beneficial and that is to be applauded.

It seems to me that less educated seem to have larger families and some of this is based on culture and religion.And it is from these groups that you have the vast majority of Illegal aliens from so it should not be a suprise.In later generations this trend will probably be reversed but not anytime soon.If most of the immigrants came here legally from these countries with a higher level of skills/education it would be different.But the truth is we are getting a lot of Illegals that are poorly educated with liitle or no skills.Some of these points are the very reasons that we have Immigration Laws and why we shoul enforce them.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
With the exception of polygamist Mormons,Octomom,the Duggar family and select Welfare queens most of the people you meet in S. California with exceptionally large families(6 + children) are mostly Latino.What kind of spin are you trying to do with your data?I've worked with quite a few over the years that came from families with even 13+ siblings and many that were in families of 7 or more.What is weird is when you have aunts and uncles that are several years younger then their nephews and neices.

The Catholic church in it's Medieval mindset is promoting this,they should rightly teach their followers that it is a FAR greater sin to bring children into this world that they cannot take care of than using birth control.In regards to statements about more affluent and educated Latinos having families that probably is correct and and is one of the reasons why they maintain their affluence.I remember reading a few years back that Mexico had a public program trying to send home the message that having smaller families were beneficial and that is to be applauded.

It seems to me that less educated seem to have larger families and some of this is based on culture and religion.And it is from these groups that you have the vast majority of Illegal aliens from so it should not be a suprise.In later generations this trend will probably be reversed but not anytime soon.If most of the immigrants came here legally from these countries with a higher level of skills/education it would be different.But the truth is we are getting a lot of Illegals that are poorly educated with liitle or no skills.Some of these points are the very reasons that we have Immigration Laws and why we shoul enforce them.
In all fairness: the birthrate SoB is now ca. 2.34 children per woman.........replacement level is 2.1

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...ionCode=na&#mx

Old 01-22-2010, 01:05 PM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: the birthrate SoB is now ca. 2.34 children per woman.........replacement level is 2.1

~Thank you AZBear!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:49 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

as before, is this number counting the Mexican Nationals within our borders? I think not but they would have been if not for the criminal act of sneaking across.

How many children are here in the US that would actually have been counted in that data? 20 million? I'm guessing more than that.

The only reason that number is lowering in Mexico is because they are shedding their poor to the US and we count the kids as US Citizens. It's ridiculous that we do that. The number in the US goes up, the number in Mexico goes down. What a joke.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
as before, is this number counting the Mexican Nationals within our borders? I think not but they would have been if not for the criminal act of sneaking across.

How many children are here in the US that would actually have been counted in that data? 20 million? I'm guessing more than that.

The only reason that number is lowering in Mexico is because they are shedding their poor to the US and we count the kids as US Citizens. It's ridiculous that we do that. The number in the US goes up, the number in Mexico goes down. What a joke.
You may be correct on all of your points since the CIA link refers to people living in Mexico I believe.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:45 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot77 View Post
Yes.

Do you really think that the Mexican government would willfully and gladly take back all of the Mexican illegal immigrants that are currently living in the United States? It would be Mexico's biggest nightmare to have to take back all of these millions of people.
Read the rest of the post.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! With citizens like you, who needs enemies? Granted, the U.S. is no angel, but you really appear to hate this country. Whatever we may or may not have done to Mexico, they remain a very wealthy country. Is it our fault their oligarchy is greedy and corrupt? Is the U.S. at fault for all of the ills of this world?
Look, the facts are there. Plus, I'm sorry if I don't subscribe to some Pollyanna notion that the US hasn't done ANYTHING wrong. It's MORE patriotic to be critical of your gov't. It means that you see its potential and want your nation to realize what it can.

I never said I hated this nation. I merely stated what economists have said of economic reforms in Mexico (where they started, what they accomplished, and why they were in place).

Mexico is an upper middle income. It's hardly VERY wealthy. The per capita by GDP of the United States is nearly 5 times of that of Mexico. (47k vs. 10k). Keep in mind that the United States GDP was 13th. Mexico ranked 56.

It kind of is our fault that their oligarchy is greedy. We provide the financial and political backing. The US, being the most influential country does contribute a good amount in both a positive and negative direction. It's the negative side that sometimes isn't addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or