U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,725,996 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Racial Profiling Doesnt Work (http://www.lamberthconsulting.com/about-racial-profiling/racial-profiling-doesnt-work.asp - broken link)


look the rest up yourself. you can find it with a simple does racial profiling work google search
Funny: I used the be profiled by LE when I was younger since I had long hair and a beard; hindsight being 20/20, I now understand why LE did so----------since an inordinate number of troublemakers 30 years fit my description. BTW: I am White.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2010, 08:45 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,195,062 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
yes it is. You have a right not to be stopped and questioned without reason. Please at least know your rights. It is you duty as an american
See that is the part you aren't getting no matter how many times I have told you this. No one is being stopped and questioned without reason and no they aren't being stopped just because of the color of their skin. Since one isn't being questioned for no reason there is no infringement on their rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,043 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
See that is the part you aren't getting no matter how many times I have told you this. No one is being stopped and questioned without reason and no they aren't being stopped just because of the color of their skin. Since one isn't being questioned for no reason there is no infringement on their rights.


oh so there is no racial profiling with police. I see tell that to 30 million americans. I hope you have something better than this as your argument. Just because you have an opinion does not make it so....back up your point. But you can't

The Roots of Racial Profiling - Reason Magazine
Racial Profiling
Racial Profiling Statistics

Last edited by organick; 01-25-2010 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,043 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny: I used the be profiled by LE when I was younger since I had long hair and a beard; hindsight being 20/20, I now understand why LE did so----------since an inordinate number of troublemakers 30 years fit my description. BTW: I am White.


So what? That means that LE has a right to assume that people with long hair and a beard are criminals and therefore can be stopped and searched.

PS white people get racially profiled to when they are in predominately black neighborhoods and police assume they are buying drugs.



Really you are not helping the argument. Perhaps we should just assume all white guys beat their wives and molest children too since they are much more likely to do so than any other group
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 01:30 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,195,062 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
oh so there is no racial profiling with police. I see tell that to 30 million americans. I hope you have something better than this as your argument. Just because you have an opinion does not make it so....back up your point. But you can't

The Roots of Racial Profiling - Reason Magazine
Racial Profiling
Racial Profiling Statistics
You just don't understand the concept of criminal profiling and probable cause so there is no point in going on about this. No matter what you are going to call it racial profiling instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,725,996 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
So what? That means that LE has a right to assume that people with long hair and a beard are criminals and therefore can be stopped and searched.

PS white people get racially profiled to when they are in predominately black neighborhoods and police assume they are buying drugs.
Two words come to mind: probable cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Really you are not helping the argument. Perhaps we should just assume all white guys beat their wives and molest children too since they are much more likely to do so than any other group
Proof please.

BTW: anecdotal evidence suggests that Black and Hispanic men are more likely to beat up on their wives than Anglo guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,145,800 times
Reputation: 453
Probable cause sounds right.

I tend to believe that if someone robbed a bank that fit my description and I have nothing to hide, detain me until we get it cleared up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2010, 08:06 AM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,043 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You just don't understand the concept of criminal profiling and probable cause so there is no point in going on about this. No matter what you are going to call it racial profiling instead.



this is not criminal profiling....2 different games my friend . You can't see the difference because you don't want to. Calling suspecting someone as a criminal due to skin color is not criminal profiling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2010, 08:07 AM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,043 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two words come to mind: probable cause

yes still no proof like I thought. Secondly do you get what probable cause is???? because hair is not something that fits that category
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2010, 08:09 AM
 
2,087 posts, read 1,355,043 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Probable cause sounds right.

I tend to believe that if someone robbed a bank that fit my description and I have nothing to hide, detain me until we get it cleared up.


yep lets detain every hispanic and oriental person in the country till we clear it up......you also have no understanding of the definition of probable cause. Way to not know your own rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top