U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:00 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,193,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think the catch here would be "did you knowingly do it"? It would have to be proved. Many employers have gotten off the hook by claiming they didn't "knowlingly" hire an illegal alien.
But its really not that hard to prove in many cases. They have to show that the illegal actually committed other criminal offenses to use it as a defense;such as using forged documents. Not that often used. Besdies just the cost ofr defnding will make more do the checks they should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 02:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So they can stop anyone they think might be illegal? Gee wonder who they will be stopping?
I think that is a little excessive and in need of greater definition.

***Note to self - Don't drive while brown in AZ***
Yawn. Not all 'brown' people are illegal aliens and you know that. Some are actually Americans and green card holders and that is just discussing some Hispanics. And; people with brown skin tone can be of any race or ethnicity i.e. Indians (both American and East), Blacks, many Asians along with a myriad of us Anglos.

Hint to the Spanish speakers here: keep that @#$%^& Mariachi music turned down (especially the bass) in your vehicles and at home, speak English vs. Spanish anywhere in public, etc.----------problem solved

Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,231,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yawn. Not all 'brown' people are illegal aliens and you know that. Some are actually Americans and green card holders and that is just discussing some Hispanics. And; people with brown skin tone can be of any race or ethnicity i.e. Indians (both American and East), Blacks, many Asians along with a myriad of us Anglos.
Blondes with a dark tan......

Old 01-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
. That's not gonna happen but keep dreaming. It's good for the soul.
Three years ago I would have agreed; just that we are in the worst recession since the 1930's........if a person is here illegally--------leave.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:24 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,494,474 times
Quote:

Hint to the Spanish speakers here: keep that @#$%^& Mariachi music turned down (especially the bass) in your vehicles and at home, speak English vs. Spanish anywhere in public, etc.----------problem solved

Wow AZ sounds awesome! Freedom? what's that...

Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,231,784 times
Quote:
Three years ago I would have agreed; just that we are in the worst recession since the 1930's
Quote:
........if a person is here illegally--------leave.
Let's call it a "Friendly Farewell", this way the Law can be left out and there will be no records on file.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Wow AZ sounds awesome! Freedom? what's that...
Common sense is not broadcasting one's presense to others--------especially if said individual is doing something illegal. You stated you were the Service so you know the protocols better than me

Old 01-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Common sense is not broadcasting one's presense to others--------especially if said individual is doing something illegal. You stated you were the Service so you know the protocols better than me
So don't listen to Mexican music in AZ..got it. Awesome state...right next to Mexico. This is ridiculous thinking AZBear.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
So don't listen to Mexican music in AZ..got it. Awesome state...right next to Mexico. This is ridiculous thinking AZBear.
No, Mach50, reality. As it is; prejudice is growing here against illegal aliens. The one thing that makes me nervous is innocent people who look stereotypically 'Mexican' (Hispanic or not) being in danger from extremists---------both pro and anti illegal immigration.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
No, Mach50, reality. As it is; prejudice is growing here against illegal aliens. The one thing that makes me nervous is innocent people who look stereotypically 'Mexican' (Hispanic or not) being in danger from extremists---------both pro and anti illegal immigration.

AZbear this is something I don't understand about people living in AZ, SoCal and parts of Texas...

Why do they live in a place so close to Mexico (practically on the border) and have no tolerance of Mexican culture or people looking stereotypically Mexican?

If I lived close to a border, I would be smart enough to expect some overlap of culture...telling folks to not look or act mexican? wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or