Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:05 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
you don't need new laws to enforce old ones
That's what we have been trying to tell the pro-illegals all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,208,662 times
Quote:
you don't need new laws to enforce old ones
The anti-gun crowd seems to think so.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,112,858 times
Quote:
4th amendment rights?????

they have zero right to stop someone because they look mexican
Funny: virtually no one screams 'discrimination' when a White skinhead looking guy is 'profiled' by LE as a possible Neo-Nazi/terrorist----------even if said man is 100% innocent of any crime.

Hell; I hardly ever hear 'brown' Anglos whine about being profiled for looking 'Latino'.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,764,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What? Questioning a possible suspect does not equate to making them automatically guilty.
what part of the police have no right to interrogate you without just cause do you not get?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

Old 01-21-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Where in the US Constitution does it say anything about where people should fear existing laws that are enforced?

Or let's put it this way...
Your saying that it's a Constitutional right for an Illegal Immigrant to complain about a law that affects them?
They have no rights in this country!
They only think they do.....
No I AM NOT I am saying american citizens have a right not to be stopped, delayed, questioned, harassed, etc because some cop determines they look potentially like an immigrant. Enforce the immigration law I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with innocent american citizens being interrogated because they look mexican.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
But that is just it! They aren't being stopped for no reason or questioned just because of the color of their skin. If someone is behaving in a way that is suspicious or have violated a traffic law it is under those circumstances that they are being questioned. Let's just say you fit the description of someone who has broken the law and I don't mean just skin color. Other characteristics can come into play or being at a certain place at a certain time could give reason for LE to question you. Any American no matter their skin color or whatever should be happy to cooperate with LE to help them get criminals off the streets....that is unless they themselves have something to hide.
There are already laws that allow people suspected of a crime to be stopped. That is not the point of this law. Secondly the idea that if you aren't doing anything you have nothing to hide is BS. Thats the same argument for the patriot act, wire tapping etc. BS I don't do anything wrong and I have the right to not be harassed or have my phone calls listened to. this isn't iran

Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
what part of the police have no right to interrogate you without just cause do you not get?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin
What part of they don't do that, don't YOU get?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
The police shouldn't be stopping anyone for the sole reason that they look Hispanic. But the police could use that as one of several factors when profiling a person in trying to determine whether that person is more likely than not an illegal alien.

Police Profiling is illegal. Maybe you have heard of that? Using skin color to determine criminals is not legal. Period

Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
There are already laws that allow people suspected of a crime to be stopped. That is not the point of this law. Secondly the idea that if you aren't doing anything you have nothing to hide is BS. Thats the same argument for the patriot act, wire tapping etc. BS I don't do anything wrong and I have the right to not be harassed or have my phone calls listened to. this isn't iran
Who is wire tapping or listening to phone calls? It is about stopping someone for a probable cause and asking questions. That's it! Why do you care if you have nothing to hide?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny: virtually no one screams 'discrimination' when a White skinhead looking guy is 'profiled' by LE as a possible Neo-Nazi/terrorist----------even if said man is 100% innocent of any crime.

Hell; I hardly ever hear 'brown' Anglos whine about being profiled for looking 'Latino'.

Thats not true. I have a problem with anyone being profiled simply based on skin color, hair do, clothing, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration