U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2010, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 205,081 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

well I just did some research. It appears this will be the 3rd time they tried to pass this bill. They did it in 2008 and 2009 and now this year. It keeps getting denied by the House. AND our governor still has no plan to create jobs here?!?!? I got an idea!!! PASS THE BILL ENFORCE THE LAWS, DEPORT, DEPORT, DEPORT Boom you just opened up sh*t loads of jobs!!!! - I should be in office da*n it. At least Id get things done! What I would give to attend one of these meetings and be able to speak up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
well I just did some research. It appears this will be the 3rd time they tried to pass this bill. They did it in 2008 and 2009 and now this year. It keeps getting denied by the House. AND our governor still has no plan to create jobs here?!?!? I got an idea!!! PASS THE BILL ENFORCE THE LAWS, DEPORT, DEPORT, DEPORT Boom you just opened up sh*t loads of jobs!!!! - I should be in office da*n it. At least Id get things done! What I would give to attend one of these meetings and be able to speak up.
Go to your town Hall meetings (Tea Parties)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Indiana
183 posts, read 205,081 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Go to your town Hall meetings (Tea Parties)

I would if they didnt always host them on weeknights. My hubby works nights and I lack 1 babysitter 2 a 2nd vehicle. Grr Indiana government I would love to smack em all and charge them to a week in my shoes. Bet theyd be whisteling a different tune then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Oxygen Ln. AZ
9,321 posts, read 16,138,805 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963 View Post
well I just did some research. It appears this will be the 3rd time they tried to pass this bill. They did it in 2008 and 2009 and now this year. It keeps getting denied by the House. AND our governor still has no plan to create jobs here?!?!? I got an idea!!! PASS THE BILL ENFORCE THE LAWS, DEPORT, DEPORT, DEPORT Boom you just opened up sh*t loads of jobs!!!! - I should be in office da*n it. At least Id get things done! What I would give to attend one of these meetings and be able to speak up.
You can start a barage of letter writting to your leaders and threaten them with another MA if they do not listen to you or the polls. It can happen, just takes many hands and many voices. Just do it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylee963
well I just did some research. It appears this will be the 3rd time they tried to pass this bill. They did it in 2008 and 2009 and now this year. It keeps getting denied by the House. AND our governor still has no plan to create jobs here?!?!? I got an idea!!! PASS THE BILL ENFORCE THE LAWS, DEPORT, DEPORT, DEPORT Boom you just opened up sh*t loads of jobs!!!! - I should be in office da*n it. At least Id get things done! What I would give to attend one of these meetings and be able to speak up.
Quote:
Motleycrew wrote:
You can start a barage of letter writting to your leaders and threaten them with another MA if they do not listen to you or the polls. It can happen, just takes many hands and many voices. Just do it!!!
2 lobbying orginizations who send faxes and letters are:

NumbersUSA NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels and
ALIPAC Illegal Immigration: Americans Fighting Back
I've been with them for 4 yr's now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
2 lobbying orginizations who send faxes and letters are:

NumbersUSA NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels and
ALIPAC Illegal Immigration: Americans Fighting Back
I've been with them for 4 yr's now.
And I am a member of both organizations as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
 
185 posts, read 325,536 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And I am a member of both organizations as well

And within a few minutes I'll be a member of both as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimebanjo View Post
And within a few minutes I'll be a member of both as well!
Way to go!

We can use you over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 10:22 PM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
2 lobbying orginizations who send faxes and letters are:

NumbersUSA NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels and
ALIPAC Illegal Immigration: Americans Fighting Back
I've been with them for 4 yr's now.
Thank you. This is why I joined this forum, ACTION!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 11:30 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Thank you. This is why I joined this forum, ACTION!
With NumbersUSA, you have what's called a "Action Buffet", When ever anything come's up that call's for contacting your state rep, Senators or Congressmen. faxes will put in you Action Buffet for you to send. You can modify the faxes with your own words or send them the way they are.
I sent one to Obama today with my own words added to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top