U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:22 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,037,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M TYPE X View Post
Actually, I was just going to read the book and whine here. I wasn't actually going to do anything.
After you read the book you may want to.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 AM

180 posts, read 89,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
We all must do are part !
Those campaigns aimed at reporting “illegal aliens" remind me of how, during the Second World War, many Germans were eager to become the eyes and ears of the Gestapo, pointing out Jews...

So, you're all gonna become fingermen and fingerwomen now? Even though you may be destroying someone’s future or separating families?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:47 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,103,426 times
oh my god your comparing apples and oranges here MexicanGuy! and your really insulting my jewish heritage too!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:00 PM

17 posts, read 28,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldharbours View Post
oh my god your comparing apples and oranges here MexicanGuy! and your really insulting my jewish heritage too!
Insults only towards mexican or OTMs - I don't think so...

It's a valid comparison Mx...keep it up

This board and some posters don't favor 'pro' this or that and you'll
read stuff like 'what part of illegal don't you understand' or 'sick and tired of people calling us racist because ....'

In any case, thanks for the balance - and not pretending that racism doesn't exists here in this forum about immigration.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:26 PM

17 posts, read 28,019 times
Default 9/9/1850

California became the 31st state,

California Republic (short while) in 1846,

first colonized by the Spanish 1769, after Mexican Independence from Spain in 1821, continued as part of Mexico,

1848 conclusion of Mexican-American war.

major cities Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego.
and not (The Angels, St. Frank, St. Joe, or St. Diego)

...did somebody just wake up? Mexifornia? only a 'Paris Hilton' mentality would justify Mexiwestcoast...

Hilarious.

Here's an interesting myth: "word California originally referred to the entire region composed of the current U.S. state of California, plus all or parts of Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and Wyoming, and the Mexican peninsula now known as Baja California.

The name California is most commonly believed derived from a storied paradise peopled by black Amazons and ruled by Queen Califia. The myth of Califia is recorded in a 1510 work The Exploits of Esplandian, written as a sequel to Amadís de Gaula by Spanish adventure writer García Ordoñez Rodriguez de Montalvo.[4] The kingdom of Queen Califia, according to Montalvo, was said to be a remote land inhabited by griffins and other strange beasts and rich in gold."

I just don't get it, what is the implication of the word 'mexifornia'?

Last edited by ProudTex; 07-18-2007 at 12:35 PM..

Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudTex View Post
I just don't get it, what is the implication of the word 'mexifornia'?
Come to Lost Angeles.

You'll get it.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:51 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
Insults only towards mexican or OTMs - I don't think so...

It's a valid comparison Mx...keep it up

This board and some posters don't favor 'pro' this or that and you'll
read stuff like 'what part of illegal don't you understand' or 'sick and tired of people calling us racist because ....'

In any case, thanks for the balance - and not pretending that racism doesn't exists here in this forum about immigration.
How in the name of all that is sane, can you possibly compare any facet of illegal immigration to the slaughter of over six million Jewish people?

Unbelievable.....

Old 07-18-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldharbours View Post
I have Jewish heritage, too; did you know northern Mexico was colonized to a great extent by Sephardic Jews fleeing the Spanish Inquisition?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
major cities Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego.
and not (The Angels, St. Frank, St. Joe, or St. Diego)
Actually, the names would be more like Angel City, St. Francis, St. Joseph and St. James

Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Come to Lost Angeles. You'll get it.
Yeah, it's horrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration