U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:31 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times

Advertisements

ProudTex - You're just not worth my time. If you want someone to play virtual fisticuffs with, you're going to have to find yourself another girl. I have better things to do than to waste my valuable time engaging in some asinine verbal sparring match with you.

You contribute nothing of worth to this discussion and, judging from your posts, you simply live to stir the pot in a negative manner, ensuring that the posters in this thread spend their time locked in some endless loop of mindless, barren squabbling with you.

Happyappy said it best.

Personally, I done with you. I had these types of tiffs with my brother when we were five years old. I'm grown up now, I prefer adult conversation.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:54 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Default Enough Already

Let me speak for other posters if I may-What I seem to be hearing is that they're saying, "ProudTex, you ought to call yourself ASHAMEDTEX !!" Face it, it's just not a good time to be doing what you're doing. We're all getting very weary of another "Annoying Texan", with an annoying twang, coming up with annoying comments. He'll be out of office in 18 months, and then you might try again, and get a better reception. Right now, though, it's just not a good time for your type of comments. (Don't feel bad- I annoy many folks, too).

Old 07-20-2007, 08:02 PM

763 posts, read 1,293,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
Yeah, I've heard those arguments before; they don't really cut it for me. If anyone is interested, this essay sheds some light on this subject, and others: Lying to Provoke a War, Not a New Issue in Washington

By the way, does that mean Alaska is up for grabs?
Thanks for the link to the essay, but more than that, thanks for the lead to the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation website. There is a great wealth of important articles available.

This is a very good essay that very pointedly shows that governments can dupe those whom they are supposed to represent. These elected and appointed representatives obtain their jobs by promising to act with the highest level of sound reasoning and honesty, yet they so often abandon those qualities to achieve various ulterior goals.

I’d like to recommend War Collectivism in World War I by Murray N. Rothbard. It’s a long paper but written by a truly great thinker with a genuine command of the English language. He is describing the actions of “liberals” at the time, which goes to show just how convoluted the meanings of both liberal and conservative have been over the decades, in certain cases opposite of the meanings they supposedly take on today.

Within the first few paragraphs, I couldn’t resist replacing names and events with many of those of the Bush administration. Leading us into war then is almost identical to being led into this Iraq thing. The amalgamation of government, industrial, and military entities into a complex that was literally unstoppable can be almost identically matched by the actions of the neoconservatives of today.

The essay you recommended once again reminds me how bizarre it is to witness the duping of America’s citizenry in this age of near-light-speed communication. In the days of yore and into contemporary times of a couple of decades ago, one can imagine the shadowy figures in the halls of legislative, judiciary, and executorial tasking in which plans were conceived that avoided the bright lights of scrutiny by We, The People. But isn’t it beyond amazing how that can happen this day in age?

I believe it’s mastery of the battle of words and the true science that word-smithing for political advance has become. It’s prominent in the discussions of immigration.

Neoconservatives do not want the immigration onslaught stopped, yet they certainly are able to dupe the masses into believing their every waking moment (some exaggeration, but not much) is spent trying to do the bidding of the people to protect our borders.

Of course they don’t have any problem pushing through agreement after agreement in back-door deals, again out of the public’s ability to scrutinize, that sell off control to foreign interests of various assets and services that are not wants of the American people but needs of the American people. Needs, of course, are much easier to increase prices for and will yield the best profits by an order/s of magnitude over what can be gotten for wants.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 PM

354 posts, read 224,828 times
Mexico is one of the last countries that has the right to spout off
about immigrant rights...

In brief, the Mexican Constitution states that:

• Immigrants and foreign visitors are banned from public political
discourse.
• Immigrants and foreigners are denied certain basic property rights.
• Immigrants are denied equal employment rights.
• Immigrants and naturalized citizens will never be treated as real
Mexican citizens.
• Immigrants and naturalized citizens are not to be trusted in public
service.
• Immigrants and naturalized citizens may never become members of the
clergy.
• Private citizens may make citizens arrests of lawbreakers (i.e.,
illegal immigrants) and hand them to the authorities.
• Immigrants may be expelled from Mexico for any reason and without due
process.

The USA is infinitely less hostile to immigrants in all regards. Mexico
doesn't have one bit of credibility on this topic. A naturalized
citizen of Mexico can't even hold the post of city rat catcher.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:47 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,161,439 times
The Mexican ambassador to the US just admitted that Mexican attacks on US immigration policy are wholly two-faced. There is no guarantee that anything will be done about it. Even if the Calderón administration wants to "fix" Mexico, it is politically beneficial to them to trot out the propaganda when things hit the fan.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:19 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,289,698 times
People, please - instead of feeding the trolls - report them. This is the only way toget rid of them.
Yac.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:23 PM

4 posts, read 10,243 times
you liberals.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Mexico is one of the last countries that has the right to spout off
about immigrant rights...

In brief, the Mexican Constitution states that:

• Immigrants and foreign visitors are banned from public political
discourse.
• Immigrants and foreigners are denied certain basic property rights.
• Immigrants are denied equal employment rights.
• Immigrants and naturalized citizens will never be treated as real
Mexican citizens.
• Immigrants and naturalized citizens are not to be trusted in public
service.
• Immigrants and naturalized citizens may never become members of the
clergy.
• Private citizens may make citizens arrests of lawbreakers (i.e.,
illegal immigrants) and hand them to the authorities.
• Immigrants may be expelled from Mexico for any reason and without due
process.

The USA is infinitely less hostile to immigrants in all regards. Mexico
doesn't have one bit of credibility on this topic. A naturalized
citizen of Mexico can't even hold the post of city rat catcher.
And Bush calls them our "Friendly Neighbor"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2007, 08:24 PM

354 posts, read 224,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
And Bush calls them our "Friendly Neighbor"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clinton was called our first black President and that would make Bush our first Mexican President.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:59 PM

6,525 posts, read 11,614,071 times
My town in Maryland is being taken over by illegals. I don't have anything against Mexico or Mexican people or their culture but I think when you move to the U.S. you should respect American culture and Americanize. My family is of Chinese descent but we are not purposely resisting assimilation or refusing to speak English.

The problem is that the immigrants who come here today come from the poorest and least educated segment of their home countries' populations. Middle class people inside Mexico are more open to American culture than the illegals purposely not assimilating. We shouldn't cater to illegals or have to deal with the crime and poverty they bring to America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration