U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2007, 08:37 PM

911 posts, read 3,197,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chele123 View Post
Good post Hawkeye!

The American flag is never to be flown upside down, and never lower to any other flag. To do so is to show disrespect for our flag, for our nation. This is the same blatant disrespect the illegal aliens show for our laws and our customs. And yet somehow we are supposed to shrug it off and turn a blind eye to their antics? I think not.
Mexicans are on Darwin's List...

Old 05-26-2007, 10:49 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Stop and think for a moment... How is how those students are acting in the US any different (in the general sense) from how the US acts in its foreign policy? It seems to be a case of "we'll do what we want, and try to stop us". At least the Mexicans are not building over a dozen permanent military bases and the world's largest embassy in the US (as we have done in Iraq).

I personally do not agree with what those students were doing, but I don't really think that it is "heart stopping footage" or "the death nail in the coffin" on immigration reform.

Overall I think that immigration is a healthy, positive thing for the country. I am basing that on a wealth of economic research as well as personal experience (besides, the bible says that we should help the poor, and allowing immigrants into the US greatly alleviates world poverty). I think that many of the people who say that immigration will cause (or has caused) massive problems are the same folks who predicted Saddam had WMD and that we would be greeted as Liberators with flowers and love in Iraq.
LEGAL immigration is healthy. ILLEGAL immigration has turned Southern California into a third world cesspool.

Jesus preached that his followers were to follow the law of the land. “Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s,” Matthew 22:21.

Romans 13:1 “Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God.”

The U.S. cannot be expected to save the world from poverty. We have enough destitute AMERICANS who need our help. If you really want to break this down into an issue of whose poverty makes it most necessary to import their poor into our country in order to "alleviate world poverty" then Mexico should be far down on the list.

Today in Africa, approximately 2,500 children died. Tomorrow another 2,500 will die. The day after that another 2,500 children will die. Every day of every week of every year. They will from starvation and from a lack of clean water, and from the diseases which are brought on by both.

There is no doubt that many of Mexico's people are poor. But there is poor and there is abject, without hope, destined to die, poverty. If human compassion is indeed the motivation behind illegal immigration (which we all know that it is not--it is the enslavement of an entire geo-political class of people for corporate benefit) then surely there must be a yardstick by which we measure need.

Why should the United States continue to receive unchecked, all of Mexico's poor and uneducated? If poor and uneducated people are what you are looking to import into the United States in the name of human compassion, then I suggest that we begin importing our illegal aliens from the following fifty poorest countries in the world. Please note that Mexico doesn't even make the top 50:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, East Timor, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.

Only then can America truly earn its reputation for saving the world. If human compassion is the ideal, then people from these fifty countries should be our top priority. I guarantee that they will be much more grateful for the opportunity to "improve" their lives than our current crop of illegals aliens and I doubt that they'll be marching in American streets whinning and blubbering that we haven't done enough for them yet and they want more!!!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:26 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,993,984 times
Very well said, Kele !

Old 05-27-2007, 11:31 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
This is one reason I'm leaving California. So, if anyone out there is thinking of moving here...I strongly urge you to think again ! Sorry to offend any anti-american or illegal groups out there.

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington . The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.

Pass this along to every American citizen in your address books and to every representative in the state and federal government. If you choose to remain uninvolved, do not be amazed when you no longer have a nation to call your own nor anything you have worked for left since it will be 'redistributed' to the activists while you are so peacefully staying out of the 'fray'. Check history, it is full of nations/empires that disappeared when its citizens no longer held their core beliefs and values. One person CAN make a difference. One plus one plus one plus one plus one plus one.........

The battle for our secure borders and immigration laws that actually mean something, however, hasn't even begun.

If this ticks YOU off...PASS IT ON!
Thanks you and Kele just convinced me not to return!! Oh, how I love the Sierra-Nevada's but not at the cost of supporting illegals and the Nancy Pelousi's of California!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:47 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I think that many of the people who say that immigration will cause (or has caused) massive problems are the same folks who predicted Saddam had WMD and that we would be greeted as Liberators with flowers and love in Iraq.
Come to CA and see the massive problems: Homeless up 50%, more holding signs and living in vehicles (or see PBS 'California Connected' show), visit the hospitals emergency rooms and health clinics that are still open, visit the welfare department, visit the schools, visit the freeways, visit the social security office, and TRY TO FIND A RENTAL FOR LESS THAN $1000 per month, try to find a house that you can afford to buy.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:51 PM

985 posts, read 2,504,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Come to CA and see the massive problems: Homeless up 50%, more holding signs and living in vehicles (or see PBS 'California Connected' show), visit the hospitals emergency rooms and health clinics that are still open, visit the welfare department, visit the schools, visit the freeways, visit the social security office, and TRY TO FIND A RENTAL FOR LESS THAN $1000 per month, try to find a house that you can afford to buy.
I lived in CA for 3 years (and travelled all over)... never saw the doom and gloom you are talking about. I had Kaiser Insurance and had to make quite a few trips to the emergency room (2 for me, 2 for my wife, and several to interview injured parties while working for the Police Department).

Housing is expensive, yes, but immigrants (especially illegal ones) are poor, and have nothing to do with the high costs.

Welfare was bad though, I'll give you that (had to go to the HHS dept a few times for work). However, I think that lazy citizens were the cause of the problem (you have to have at least a green card to even be eligible).

Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 AM

253 posts, read 936,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
I do agree that immigration is a healthy positive thing for the United States. Of course, when we are discussing illegal aliens we are not talking about immigration. Illegal aliens are not immigrants. We are talking about an invasion of our country by an army of illegals. Immigrants are law abiding people who come to America to assimilate into our culture and become part of the very fabric of our nation. Illegal aliens are criminals, every single one of them.
Well stated...and this needs to be kept in mind, especially the bolded part.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:41 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
If you are the parent of an anchor baby, you do not need a green card to apply for any sort of government assistance. All you need is that child's birth certificate and you're in like Flynn.

Why do you think so many pregnant illegal aliens are giving birth on U.S. soil, other than the obvious free medical care? That little anchor is their qualifier for all the assistance they want or desire, at the U.S. taxpayer's expense.

Housing IS expensive here in So. Cal. That's why the illegals are living several families to one single family dwelling. It happens all over Southern California. Five or six families (or more) to one single family dwelling makes for affordable rent, if not an uncomfortable living situation, but then again, if you're used to living with no privacy, I suppose it isn't bad.

I don't know when you lived in CA, but I had Kaiser as well two years ago when I broke my foot. I drove home from a weekend event with a broken foot on a Sunday, went to the Kaiser Urgent Care for treatment and sat for 14 hours in the Harbor City Kaiser with only one other English speaking person, my boyfriend, waiting to be seen, while non-English speaking persons and their runny nosed children filled the waiting room.

I drive down Pacific Coast Hwy every day on my way to school. I don't even stop at McDonalds any more because there are about 30 day laborers gathered in the parking lot trying to get business from the moving van rental place just behind it and I'm tired of walking through the catcalls and whistles and the Spanish comments about various parts of my anatomy that they think I cannot understand.

Passing Western and driving to Bella Porte Street, I can sit at the stop light and attempt to count how many illegals are hanging out on the street corners on both sides of PCH, using that little intersection as their own personal day labor center. The light usually changes about the time I hit 35 to 40 and I'm not through counting.

Once you leave the enclave of Redondo and head toward the 110 freeway, the entire face of the community changes. Graffiti can be seen in many places, including billboards that you know people have paid good money to advertise on, covered in spray paint and totally illegible. There's several thousands of dollars flushed down the drain. (Want to take bets as to who pays for it in the end with higher costs passed down the line? The American consumer, that's who.) Businesses and homes have bars on the windows, and the signs begin to be in Spanish. The doom and gloom is in the fact that this is America, not Mexico, not Guatemala, not Equador, America.

Illegal immigration is not good for our country and in fact, I believe that it will be the death of the middle class. Illegal immigration is a slap in the face to each and every LEGAL immigrant who ever truly loved this country and desired more than anything to be an American and thus came here through the system lawfully.

There is no justifiable excuse or argument for illegal immigration.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 AM

3,306 posts, read 3,323,365 times
Quote:
ILLEGAL immigration has turned Southern California into a third world cesspool.
Southern California has one of the strongest economies in the world. In fact ironically many of the areas that have immigration problems have great economies...I wonder if there is a connection?

Old 05-30-2007, 12:38 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,373,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
This is one reason I'm leaving California. So, if anyone out there is thinking of moving here...I strongly urge you to think again ! Sorry to offend any anti-american or illegal groups out there.

You will not see this heart-stopping photo on the front page of the NY Times or on the lead story of the major news networks. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High School in California.

I predict this stunt will be the nail in the coffin of any guest-worker/amnesty plan on the table in Washington . The image of the American flag subsumed to another and turned upside down on American soil is already spreading on Internet forums and via e-mail.
I sadly disagree with you. Ted Kennedy and some extremely dumb Republicans are pushing for the amnesty for two reasons:

1. Republicans are doing because they are extremely dumb and are caving in to special interest groups, like Walmart and Tyson chicken... companies who want millions of immigrants to come in and work cheap so they can make millions of Dollars a year.

Bush (one of the worst Presidents in US history, whom I FORMERLY supported) is pushing the amnesty because he is following into Clinton's footsteps (NAFTA started with Clinton, remember) in creating a North American Union and to do so, Bush knows he needs Mexicans to be here in the USA and basically outvote Americans in the future to push for the North American Union.

2. Democrats are doing it because they plan on creating another impoversihed layer of un-educated people who LOVE welfare and government benefits... and guess what? They vote Democrat, because Democrats are the ones who engineered the welfare state where people remain in poverty and receive government checks in the mail and do nothing for the USA.

Oh and California becoming Mexifornia.... sorry to tell you... California already is Mexifornia!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.