Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:07 PM

180 posts, read 121,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
How in the name of all that is sane, can you possibly compare any facet of illegal immigration to the slaughter of over six million Jewish people?

Unbelievable.....
I knew someone would respond this way.

I'm not saying it's the exact same thing, just similar. Think about it—ordinary citizens acting like rabid watchdogs.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudTex View Post
In any case, thanks for the balance - and not pretending that racism doesn't exists here in this forum about immigration.
Lots of crypto-racists in immigration forums, ProudTex... I think it's time they came out of the closet

Old 07-18-2007, 05:20 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,743,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
I knew someone would respond this way.

I'm not saying it's the exact same thing, just similar. Think about it—ordinary citizens acting like rabid watchdogs.
Up until this post, I actually thought you were rational. There is nothing remotely similar and to compare the two is an insult to every Jewish person who was persecuted during that horrific time in history and demeans and minimizes the suffering of each and every human being who endured the rein of the Third Reich.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Up until this post, I actually thought you were rational. There is nothing remotely similar and to compare the two is an insult to every Jewish person who was persecuted during that horrific time in history and demeans the suffering of each and every one.
Oh, people pointing out their neighbors based on race so that the government will take them away is not even remotely similar? That's very rational.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM

What if a person you pointed out decided to come back, and died in the process? Tough luck? They had it coming for “breaking” the law?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:36 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,512,680 times
Quote:
What if a person you pointed out decided to come back, and died in the process? Tough luck? They had it coming for “breaking” the law?
I agree with you Mexican guy, there are alot of heartless individuals here on these immigration forums!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,895,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
After you read the book you may want to.
The earlier post said that I read the book last weekend.

I still don't want to anything to save the country. However, because I watch Hannity & Colmes, I have told that I am a "Great American" (all of Hannity's audience is always a "Great American"). The Neocons told me that ordinary citizens acting as "rabid watchdogs" is 'bad, mmkay,' so I decided it's much easier to be a libertarian. When I lift my finger, I change the volume on the remote.

I supposed if I lived in California, I would want to move out ASAP, but then again, I wouldn't need to read a book to tell me that I needed to do so.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I spoke to my neighbor about the fact that there are some on this forum who seem to believe it a just analogy to compare people in this country who are deported because someone "told on them" for being in the country illegally (which we all know is far too rare!) to the German citizens who turned on the Jewish population in Europe and outed them to the Nazi's.

My neighbor is a 90 year old survivor of Dachau. After he got over his initial shock and outrage, he had this to say: (and I quote)

"Jews in Germany were legal citizens of Germany. After Hitler came to power, those he set against us were our neighbors, our friends, our business partners, people we had known all of our lives. We had not come to Germany or Poland illegally. Most of us were born there and had lived there all of our lives. We worked hard, we didn't ask for anything. We thought we were a part of the communities in which we lived.

You compare the deportation of those people in America illegally to the Germans coming for us? When the Germans came for us, they did not put us on a bus and send us to another country. They put us in cattle cars, they put us in work camps with barely any food to eat and worked us until we had no more work left in us. The lucky ones died in their bunks before the soldiers could kill them. They sent our children and our elderly and our sick to death camps and gassed them, or lined them up in front of big graves to shoot them where they stood. Our young women were raped and our young men made to work until they dropped.

To this day, I do not know what happened to my brother or my parents. My sister, who came to Dachau with me, died of typhoid in February of 1945, two months before the Americans came. How can you compare what we went through to the illegal people being deported from this country, this country to which I and many of my countrymen came when Dachau was liberated by the Allies?

Shame on you. Shame."

I believe Mr. N. has said all there is to say. He was a 25 year old man when he entered Dachau, six feet tall, 180 pounds. He told me that when the Americans liberated Dachau in April of 1945, he weighed less than 100 pounds.

When Americans turn illegal aliens into ICE, they know that the worst thing that will happen to them is a one way bus ticket to the border with three hots and a cot (at taxpayer expense) until they get there. They also know that chances are they'll be back within a week.

When the Germans turned their Jewish countrymen into the Nazi's, they knew that it was likely they were sending them to their deaths.

It takes a skewed imagination and a lack of rationality to even attempt to contrast the two.

Just a little FYI? I think that any human death is tragic. I'm sorry that people feel that their living situations in Mexico justify putting their lives in danger to get to the U.S. However, I believe that if I lived in Mexico and I loved my country, I would be trying to work for change in my country instead of running away. Each of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776 knew that by doing so, they could be signing their own death warrants. But they realized that freedom came with a price and for the sake of those who would come after them, it was a price that they were willing to pay. Mexico needs some patriots like that. Patriots who realize that change and freedom come with a price, but who, for the sake of their children and their children's children, are willing to risk their own well being in order to bring about positive change in Mexico.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 PM

As I have already made clear: I did NOT say the two situations are identical. I am aware of the many differences in scale between the two; however, there is—weather you like it or not—a resemblance in the fact that ordinary citizens play the role of tattletales for the government, without considering the harm they could be doing to individuals and families. Another similarity is that this witch hunt is motivated by racial hatred and prejudice.

You said, “Up until this post, I actually thought you were rational.” Well, I’ve never been sure about your rationality; you seem to be bent on vilifying the immigrants, instead of focusing on the corrupt governments and industries—on both sides—that have created this mess.

You say shame on me? Shame on you. Shame.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
As I have already made clear: I did NOT say the two situations are identical. I am aware of the many differences in scale between the two; however, there is—weather you like it or not—a resemblance in the fact that ordinary citizens play the role of tattletales for the government, without considering the harm they could be doing to individuals and families. Another similarity is that this witch hunt is motivated by racial hatred and prejudice.

You said, “Up until this post, I actually thought you were rational.” Well, I’ve never been sure about your rationality; you seem to be bent on vilifying the immigrants, instead of focusing on the corrupt governments and industries—on both sides—that have created this mess.

You say shame on me? Shame on you. Shame.
For one thing, there are far fewer people who are turning illegals into ice than you seem to believe. If that were the case, then the corner of Belle Porte and PCH where I live wouldn't be a mini DLS everyday of the week with at least 60 to 70 illegal immigrants hanging out on the corners waiting for work. They would have been gone by now because people in that area are NOT happy about it.

I've never turned anyone into ICE in my life and I'm not likely to unless I know for a fact that that person is a violent criminal.

I've said in many posts that I sympathize with those who feel that they must come north in order to work, but I will never condone lawbreaking.

I've said numerous times that illegal immigrants are the slaves of the 21st century and woe unto them if they are ever legalized in this country. They'll find themselves out of a job so fast it will make their heads spin, as their former places of employment replace them with yet more illegals who cannot make demands on their employers.

I am the first one to blame corporations and point the finger at a government that is hell bent on sacrificing middle class America on the altar of big business.

There may be folks out there whose dislike of illegal immigration is motivated by racial hatred, but I am not one of them and there has never been a post of mine in which I racially lambasted illegal aliens and as a matter of fact, it seems to me that you are indeed doing your own little bit of racial profiling if you assume that I believe all illegal aliens come from south of the border. Unfortunately for those who come north, it is generally they who are the most vociferous and the most demanding of all. I don't for instance, see millions of Ethiopians marching in American streets demanding amnesty after violating the law to be here.

As far as my rationality is concerned?

Quote:
Kele, I agree 100% with you, too; your view on this matter is very balanced and correct.

¡Saludos, amiga!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration