Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times

Advertisements

Please tell me.

I really wanna know!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
I'm not "pro illegal" but I do realize that a blanket "round them all up and sent them back from were they came from" isn't necessarily the most appropriate thing either.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not "pro illegal" but I do realize that a blanket "round them all up and sent them back from were they came from" isn't necessarily the most appropriate thing either.
Aight. I can see what you mean.

What do you think we should do though? I cannot picture anything other than sending back to where they came from.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Agreed. I don't think more than a very small amount of people are "pro illegal." I think most people on either side of the issue realizes out immigration system is broken. The question is how do you fix it. Some people think that everyone should be deported. Others don't feel that deporting everyone is practical or will work and believe that a path to citizenship is better. That doesn't mean they think its fair to everyone else, but rather it is the most practical of the various options. Doesn't mean they are pro-illegal.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:36 AM

608 posts, read 923,274 times
I guess it really comes down to a hard choice. Do you support higher crime, increased social services, watered down education, increased job competition, a lower standard of life, and millions of people that despise the USA's way of life, its culture, the English language, and assimilation. Or do you want to stand up to illegal immigration? Bleeding hearts that approve of illegal immigration and what it will cost the American citizens can't be reasoned with, so I assume this is where the debate ends.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:37 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,023 times
The Democrats are pro-illegal because they know they wll vote Democrat. What it boils down to is they will sell out the country and it's citizens for power. Nice huh?

If E-Verify was a federal law, illegals would self deport when they could not get a job. Since it is proven fact that illegal immigrants hurt the black population more thatn anyone in the job market, I had hoped hussein obama would finally do something about illegal workers. It seems he has no real interest in helping blacks get back to work at decent wages.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The Democrats are pro-illegal because they know they wll vote Democrat. What it boils down to is they will sell out the country and it's citizens for power. Nice huh?
Get real. I am a Democrat and I am not for illegals. Can you ever type a post that is not full of hatred for the left? Seriously?

And what has the right done about illegal immigration? Bush didnt stop it eitherin 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I guess it really comes down to a hard choice. Do you support higher crime, increased social services, watered down education, increased job competition, a lower standard of life, and millions of people that despise the USA's way of life, its culture, the English language, and assimilation. Or do you want to stand up to illegal immigration? Bleeding hearts that approve of illegal immigration and what it will cost the American citizens can't be reasoned with, so I assume this is where the debate ends.
I will stand up against it. I just dont know where to start or what to do!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Get real. I am a Democrat and I am not for illegals. Can you ever type a post that is not full of hatred for the left? Seriously?

And what has the right done about illegal immigration? Bush didnt stop it eitherin 8 years.

I will stand up against it. I just dont know where to start or what to do!

I suppose you think you are all Democrats? Your Democrat congress has been calling for amnesty for some time.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:20 AM

608 posts, read 923,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I suppose you think you are all Democrats? Your Democrat congress has been calling for amnesty for some time.
Don't be too hard on the Liberalvoice. Even though I don't usually agree with the dems, he's against illegal immigration. (and thus FOR the protection of the American citizens) If reasonable people from both parties could only work together to get this made into a top priority for our elected leaders, and FOLLOW UP on it, maybe we'd see some progress.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Don't be too hard on the Liberalvoice. Even though I don't usually agree with the dems, he's against illegal immigration. (and thus FOR the protection of the American citizens) If reasonable people from both parties could only work together to get this made into a top priority for our elected leaders, and FOLLOW UP on it, maybe we'd see some progress.

I'm well aware of his position on that issure but everytime amnesty has come up in congress it has via the Democrats. Bush was also a supporter which is why I would not vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.