U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:47 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
one simple answer... Money!!!!

Our government will tell us that they are beefing up our borders and supposedly being more strict. but the truth of the matter is that Illegals generate more money in social security than what they abuse in social services. there fore all those buisness cats in the treasury department are loving it, that we are tearing each other appart here while they rake the dough in.
I am still waiting for someone to explain how we even know "what" they pay in the form of taxes, since we don’t even know "who" they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 04:16 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
one simple answer... Money!!!!

Our government will tell us that they are beefing up our borders and supposedly being more strict. but the truth of the matter is that Illegals generate more money in social security than what they abuse in social services. there fore all those buisness cats in the treasury department are loving it, that we are tearing each other appart here while they rake the dough in.
How are they paying into Social Security when they don't have a number? Using someone elses number?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:29 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Proof please. Some unbiased links would be nice.
Yeah, I would like to see some proof of that also. Wouldn't that mean that the only benificiary of these SS funds paid in by illegals would be for those Americans whose SS number was stolen and used by them? How is this covering the illegal aliens social costs based on that?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah, I would like to see some proof of that also. Wouldn't that mean that the only benificiary of these SS funds paid in by illegals would be for those Americans whose SS number was stolen and used by them? How is this covering the illegal aliens social costs based on that?
I was wondering that as well. All types of fraud could be assessed to the true SS holder jeopardizing their benefits. How does any of this pay back all the costs to this country as well as individuals?

Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I was wondering that as well. All types of fraud could be assessed to the true SS holder jeopardizing their benefits. How does any of this pay back all the costs to this country as well as individuals?
It doesn’t. Think of their paltry wages and their number of exemptions, and then compute the taxes. Compare that to the costs associated with ER visits, dialysis, pre/postnatal, etc. It’s not rocket science. Some sources say Obama will try to push for amnesty in his SOTU address tonight, touting the tax “benefits” of legalizing illegals.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It doesn’t. Think of their paltry wages and their number of exemptions, and then compute the taxes. Compare that to the costs associated with ER visits, dialysis, pre/postnatal, etc. It’s not rocket science. Some sources say Obama will try to push for amnesty in his SOTU address tonight, touting the tax “benefits” of legalizing illegals.
If he does I am afraid my hubby will have to buy us a new tv set if you get my drift, lol.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:08 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh my, this board will be quite busy tomorrow....so will my fax machine and emails!

Sharpening my pencil for voting day......

Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
If he does I am afraid my hubby will have to buy us a new tv set if you get my drift, lol.
I know what you mean. I’m sure lots of people would feel like throwing something (or up).

Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM

706 posts, read 796,028 times
Quote:

I don't think You will be alone.....

The " Tick, Tick. Tick " barometer is about to rise..... I'm curious as to where the "Narcissist In Chief" will place the blame for the failure of his "hopey changy" thing...

How many times will he mention " I " and "the previous admin" ?

My guess is that "I" will win by a landslide....

BL

Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Oh my, this board will be quite busy tomorrow....so will my fax machine and emails!

Sharpening my pencil for voting day......
Ditto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or