Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,030,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<The majority of illegal immigrants came in by plane with a visa which they let expire.>>

How is it then that the majority of illegal aliens are from SoB? Mexico to be specific. Very few of them come by plane.
Are you saying that few Mexicans travel by plane? Oh boy, first of all just because the majority are from Mexico does not mean they jumped the border. look at the number of visas our country gives to Mexico. Compare that to the number of visa overstays. Look at the number of airports in our country that fly in and out of the country to Mexico. Times that with the number of flights available and look at the number of cities it goes to in Mexico. They aren't all Americans flying to Mexico.

At this time I'm away from home and don't have my research. I don't believe numbersusa is a reliable source but I can agree that both visa overstays and border crossings are about the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 02:25 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,030,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Gangs and the other examples were mentioned, not to imply that this particular family is involved in those activities. Rather, as one of many examples of the negative aspects of illegal immigration.
As I said in the other post. Gangs have nothing to do with illegal immigration. It is an American thing. Most illegal immigrants come here to work.

Considering there are approximately 12 million illegal immigrants and only 366 were arrested for gang activity, I would say it's almost non existant in illegal immigration.

Last edited by zacatecana; 01-28-2010 at 03:45 AM..

Old 01-28-2010, 03:02 AM

258 posts, read 446,747 times
Funny how people get so worked up about a group of people wanting to survive and feed their family.

This country belongs to those who settled and worked it. Last time I checked that would include AA's, Native Americans and Mexicans.

There is room for everyone.

As for crime, there is more crime in this country committed by our own citizens that so called aliens.
And let us not forget the home grown terrorist Timothy McVeigh.

The second commandment is Love Thy Neighbor.
It's a very simple and easy thing to do.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 AM

50,079 posts, read 46,654,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Funny how people get so worked up about a group of people wanting to survive and feed their family.

This country belongs to those who settled and worked it. Last time I checked that would include AA's, Native Americans and Mexicans.

As for crime, there is more crime in this country committed by our own citizens that so called aliens.

on that note:
EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

Looks like they have some explaining to do.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:00 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,275,936 times
Quote:

So what you are saying is that no country has a right to immigration laws? If we let in everyone who wanted to work or live here we would have millions more of the world's poor.

I don't know who AA is but it was mostly the white Europeans who built this country not native indians nor Mexicans.

No we don't have room for everyone see my first paragraph.

Perhaps there is more crime committed by our own citizens than illegal aliens but that would only make sense since there are 280 million citizens vs 20 million illegal aliens. The point is that we don't need to add to our crime stats by having people here who don't have a right to be. Another point to make is that those American born criminals have a right to be here and we will deal with our own lawbreakers.

I will love my neighbor when he starts respecting the laws of our country, its citizens and its soveirgn borders.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,019,034 times
Quote:

Excuse me? There was no such thing as a Mexican or Black person here in the New World prior to the arrival of the White (Hispanic) people in 1492.

As for the Indians: again prior to the arrival of the Euros; the Aztecs and Comanches to name but two groups treated weaker tribes/nations with contempt. The Euros were simply a group of 'Indians' with much better weapons and diseases that the indigenous peoples here had no defense against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration