U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 10:02 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,247,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Here I helped you out . See the bold print.
For many yes, although some go the legal route if they're lucky enough to be in a position where they meet the requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 10:06 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
For many yes, although some go the legal route if they're lucky enough to be in a position where they meet the requirements.
Lucky or qualified? There is a huge difference.
Luck is word loosers use to describe why winners win. It sort of saves them from looking in the mirror and seeing the real reason that they didn't achieve what they set out to do.

Old 01-24-2010, 05:56 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
In alot of the small towns in Mexico it is pretty common. It obviously isn't an easy decision but alot of people decide to take a chance to make better money here with the possibility of being able to provide their children with a better life. Of course there are ways to make ends meet but alot of times you see a mother putting her 5 year old son or daughter to work selling gum or trinkets in the street instead of going to school because it's the only way they can make ends meet...I think given a choice between doing something like that it makes more sense to go the immigration route.
You just described parts of the USA in my lifetime: what gives a bunch of bottom feeders from SoB or elsewhere to come up here illegally? OUR sharecropper types (either Black or White) sure as hell did not go to Mexico demanding amnesty for their crimes.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
In alot of the small towns in Mexico it is pretty common. It obviously isn't an easy decision but alot of people decide to take a chance to make better money here with the possibility of being able to provide their children with a better life. Of course there are ways to make ends meet but alot of times you see a mother putting her 5 year old son or daughter to work selling gum or trinkets in the street instead of going to school because it's the only way they can make ends meet...I think given a choice between doing something like that it makes more sense to go the immigration route.
Tough! Then they had better accept the consquences of their illegal immigration into our country and stop whining when they are caught and deported.

As I said, there is no justification for a mother to abandon her children like that. What kind of life is it for them to have their mother living in another country and not being there to raise them, guide them and nurture them?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:49 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Another attempt to make the younger generations feel sorry for them.

And again, no matter how tear jurking you make it look, there's no justification in it.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

And again, no matter how tear jurking you make it look, there's no justification in it.
Unfortunately, our schools have been brainwashing our youth since the mid sixties into this PC touchy, feely multi-culterism BS even to the point where illegals are to be sympathized with and left off limits from criticizm.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:53 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
(I should add here that I acquit my children’s school of intentionally using this film as propaganda qua propaganda. For these people, imbued in a Leftist world view, this movie is as American as Superman insofar as it has clearly delineated and, to them, entirely appropriately drawn good guys and bad guys.)

I would hope that she would have given the responses from the Pricipal and School Board as to the reason this movie was being shown and who authorized it...Instead, it turned into a Movie review.

I dint know wether to get angry or make some popcorn.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 AM

8,640 posts, read 7,731,598 times
This is the result of liberals being in control of the schools. Kids cannot read but they will be well indoctrinated with all things gay and how to have no espect for our laws.

This movie should have ended with them boarding a bus to be deported with the parting shot of them filling out the paperwork to immigrate legally.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:21 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,247,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lucky or qualified? There is a huge difference.
Luck is word loosers use to describe why winners win. It sort of saves them from looking in the mirror and seeing the real reason that they didn't achieve what they set out to do.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I think the people who misspell the word "losers" are the real losers.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:05 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

I know what you mean, no matter how tear jerking for some, still does this need to be seen by our Kids. I am trying to justify why things like this are allowed in our Schools. How many of our kids do find pity in what they see now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or