Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Unfortunately, our schools have been brainwashing our youth since the mid sixties into this PC touchy, feely multi-culterism BS even to the point where illegals are to be sympathized with and left off limits from criticizm.

And you are right. Our kids are being brainwashed they were being brainwashed in the sixties, and up and until now still going on. We are making it so that our Children, feel pity and sympathize with the illegal's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And you are right. Our kids are being brainwashed they were being brainwashed in the sixties, and up and until now still going on. We are making it so that our Children, feel pity and sympathize with the illegal's.
They figure that once we're gone, their problem is too.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well gee whiz, I didn't know that the schools brainwashed me in the 60's and 70's. I must have slept through those lessons because I HATE this PC crap. Being politically correct hurts more people than it helps.

I agree that this movie doesn't belong in our schools, but, I also feel that way about Mary Poppins being shown in school. In the 60's and 70's we spent time in school learning, not watching movies. (We had those silly educational films to watch.)

Old 01-24-2010, 02:11 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
This thread brings to mind the push for (Ethics) class to be taught in school. I have no issue with ethics. My issue is with whose Ethics. Who will determine what is ethical? Some believe in Eugenics. They believe that Eugenics is the ethical allotment of resourses. That Eugenics should be used to determine who shall benefit from our resourses and how much.
Now me I believe that it is the parent's job to teach ethics and morals to our children not a civil servant that we give the title of teacher.
Now what was the reason for showing this film?
Some would argue that it was meant to humanize the illegals. Put a face on those who would risk everything for a better life. And I admit that there is a grain of truth to this. Unfortunately it also masks the fact that a great many violent criminals also enter this country illegally. It hides the ugly side of the truth. It under states the fact that every single day many Americans fall victim to crimes committed by illegals.
Once again whose version of ethics will we teach, Or should be taught to our children? I certainly would not want a Ted Kennedy, Raum Emanuel, or Byrd, or Cheney, Bill or Hillary Clinton teaching my children anything. They all seem to struggle with the truth. That is the problem with elected reps deciding such things. They are all gifted liars and feel justified in their lies.
What a coinky dink so do illegals.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Didn't that woman tear her family apart, the same thing illegal alien supporters accuse ICE of doing when a parent gets deported?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
<<Now me I believe that it is the parent's job to teach ethics and morals to our children>>

You're right of course. Schools should get back to teaching scholastic subjects, and leave the ethics and morals to the parents.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Didn't that woman tear her family apart, the same thing illegal alien supporters accuse ICE of doing when a parent gets deported?
Could be but it was between supporting her mother who was ill and son (son was being cared for by the grandmother) or living in poverty without being able to support her son and take care of her mother.

The father had abandoned the family in the first place. She was trying to make arrangements to bring in the son to live with her. The son escaped and crossed illegally when the grandmother passed away. That was the story.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Could be but it was between supporting her mother who was ill and son (son was being cared for by the grandmother) or living in poverty without being able to support her son and take care of her mother.

The father had abandoned the family in the first place. She was trying to make arrangements to bring in the son to live with her. The son escaped and crossed illegally when the grandmother passed away. That was the story.
The assumption being, that it would have been impossible for this woman to find employment anywhere in Mexico. How do other poor people survive who do not flee to the US? The fact that the father abandoned the family is no excuse. Millions of poor women in this country are raising children without the help of fathers, aka sperm donors; and they are not all on welfare. However, rarely do they leave their children.

It’s hard enough for a child to grow up without a father. The absence of a mother only serves to exacerbate the problem, and often the emotional scars never heal. Furthermore, a child should not be burdened with the responsibility of being the primary caregiver for an infirmed grandmother. That’s a daunting task even for an adult. It would be interesting to know if this woman has given birth to more children while living in the US, since that appears to be par for the course.

In any case, this film will influence the impressionable minds of these middle school students. They will believe this is the plight of most illegals in this country, when nothing could be further from the truth. I agree with tinman. If the subject of illegal immigration is being broached by our schools, then show ALL sides. Show the illegals who are here simply to improve their earnings potential, and will eventually return home financially equipped to build beautiful homes, and operate thriving businesses. Show foreigners who enter our country illegally to avoid prosecution. Show the fraudsters who are here to avail themselves of our generous freebies. Show the violent criminals and gang members. Show the human and drug traffickers.

There are many stories to be told. However, exposing children only to the warm and fuzzy, is not only a form of brainwashing, it is also disingenuous. It is tantamount to depicting slavery in history classes by only showing slaves happily singing in the fields as they pick cotton, seemingly without a care in the world, while conveniently failing to show the atrocities perpetrated against them.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The assumption being, that it would have been impossible for this woman to find employment anywhere in Mexico. How do other poor people survive who do not flee to the US? The fact that the father abandoned the family is no excuse. Millions of poor women in this country are raising children without the help of fathers, aka sperm donors; and they are not all on welfare. However, rarely do they leave their children.

It’s hard enough for a child to grow up without a father. The absence of a mother only serves to exacerbate the problem, and often the emotional scars never heal. Furthermore, a child should not be burdened with the responsibility of being the primary caregiver for an infirmed grandmother. That’s a daunting task even for an adult. It would be interesting to know if this woman has given birth to more children while living in the US, since that appears to be par for the course.

In any case, this film will influence the impressionable minds of these middle school students. They will believe this is the plight of most illegals in this country, when nothing could be further from the truth. I agree with tinman. If the subject of illegal immigration is being broached by our schools, then show ALL sides. Show the illegals who are here simply to improve their earnings potential, and will eventually return home financially equipped to build beautiful homes, and operate thriving businesses. Show foreigners who enter our country illegally to avoid prosecution. Show the fraudsters who are here to avail themselves of our generous freebies. Show the violent criminals and gang members. Show the human and drug traffickers.

There are many stories to be told. However, exposing children only to the warm and fuzzy, is not only a form of brainwashing, it is also disingenuous. It is tantamount to depicting slavery in history classes by only showing slaves happily singing in the fields as they pick cotton, seemingly without a care in the world, while conveniently failing to show the atrocities perpetrated against them.
You are right, Benicar. Both sides of the story should be presented not just the warm and fuzzy side.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I think the people who misspell the word "losers" are the real losers.
LOL ok webster. The fact remains that (Losers) use the word luck to describe why winners win. It can't be better quailfied, better prepared right. It needs to be luck otherwise gasp they have to look into the mirror and accept the fact that it the person looking back at them that failed.
In the case of illegals. There is no luck involved, good or bad. Just decisions. Mostly bad decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration