Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 AM

706 posts, read 936,886 times

Advertisements

For the most part. CIR ( Amnesty) has been promised since the early years of the Shrub admin.......McAmnesty( Mcain) promised to continue the amnesty effort during his campaing.......He lost.......didn't Obama mention something about CIR during the first 100 days of his admin ?

Oh Well...They are politicians,,,,,,They don't pay for promises.....We do.

What do You folks predict.........

I see no amnesty in 2010, nor 2011, nor 2012.

Why ?

We ( USA taxpayers) Cannot continue to support nor subsidize the needs of those who have come here illegally...

The tide is turning.......in spite of Palin and Brown

jmo
BL

Your thoughts......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 12:57 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,540,586 times
It BETTER not be granted.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:13 AM

706 posts, read 936,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
It BETTER not be granted.
I guess I should have presented that in a different manner...

" Your Predictions" ?

Non Copying Conservitive ......

BL

Old 01-23-2010, 05:41 AM

807 posts, read 1,298,495 times
Nope.. Ain't gonna happen, especially with 2010 being an election year..

Keeping Illegal Aliens ILLEGAL benefits those in business and politicans too much.. Amnesty will be used as a wedge issue for Democrats in Elections for years to come just like border security is a wedge issue for Republicans.. Neither side appears to be doing much about the issue.. It is up to the American people to DEMAND that our Representatives listen to us..

Old 01-23-2010, 08:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Nope.. Ain't gonna happen, especially with 2010 being an election year..

Keeping Illegal Aliens ILLEGAL benefits those in business and politicans too much.. Amnesty will be used as a wedge issue for Democrats in Elections for years to come just like border security is a wedge issue for Republicans.. Neither side appears to be doing much about the issue.. It is up to the American people to DEMAND that our Representatives listen to us..
I agree as well.............as it is: ever since Brown bagged Chappaquidick Kennedy's seat in (normally) reliable Democratic Massachusetts--------Obama's and Pelosi's party is going 'Oh S**t' IMHO

Frankly; the pendulum of public opinion is swinging against illegal immigration/multiculturalism as a whole. And; the basic restrictions on same will likely remain in place for at least 30-40 years going by the 1920-65 era.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 AM

77 posts, read 102,301 times
Maybe not this year but sometime in the next 3 years.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,270,930 times
I predict that e-verify will be mandated in every workplace and that most illegals will go home on their own. Some who have U.S. born children will stay because they can live off of their welfare benefits and work under the table for cash where relatives or friends own businesses. I predict there will be no amnesty for all the reasons already stated here.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:41 AM

183 posts, read 242,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I predict that e-verify will be mandated in every workplace and that most illegals will go home on their own. Some who have U.S. born children will stay because they can live off of their welfare benefits and work under the table for cash where relatives or friends own businesses. I predict there will be no amnesty for all the reasons already stated here.
Isnt that most of them?

I predict Obama is going to run us in the ground more than we already have. Its gonna pass because the Government doesnt care bout the American citizens wants and needs. As long as they can live it fat, why should they worry bout us? I ALSO predict more states (but not all) are gonna get fed up and start passing their own E-verify and all that like OK, TX, UT did. Which is going to pi** off the government.

What it WOULD be nice to SEE, just a big wish of mine. Is the domino effect with the states. Every state jumps on the bang wagon enforcing the laws, p*ssing off the government and them finally getting the hint. Getting the corrupt selfish congress out of office. And by some miracle Obama getting tossed off his thrown and replaced. How sweet would all that be? I know I know... dream on I will!!

Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,626,897 times
I don't expect to see amnesty passed, anytime soon or ever, now that Scot Brown broke the dem's supermajority in the Senate. The amnesty dems could have passed amnesty without a single Republican vote, now they can't. Amnesty democrats are in disarray and the more moderate blue dog democrats know that voting for amnesty would be political suicide.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,146,635 times
Not if politicians want to get re-elected.The majority of legal citizens are against any form of amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration