U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:38 PM

126 posts, read 514,656 times

Advertisements

Well, here's a clue saganista, when you walk in the door and no one is speaking English and the people who are working there can't speak English...it's a safe bet that they are illegal or products of illegals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, that's an interesting idea. I wonder if you could pass on some tips for how to walk into a store and tell whether any of the employees are illegal aliens or not. That would be useful information to have...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 08:10 PM

19,183 posts, read 27,744,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyHeart View Post
Well, here's a clue saganista, when you walk in the door and no one is speaking English and the people who are working there can't speak English...it's a safe bet that they are illegal or products of illegals!
Hmmm. So you really have no idea at all who's illegal and who's not. It's really just people who don't speak English that are your problem. Are you setting a good example for them by learning a second language yourself, or are you still one of those monolingual types?

Old 05-27-2007, 12:30 PM

126 posts, read 514,656 times
Actually, I speak 3 languages, but I live in the USA, not Mexico/South America. English, as this is my country, is my primary language and just as those living in other countries speak their home language at home, so do I!The language of the USA is ENGLISH! So if I intend to do business in the USA, and pay my good hard earned, tax-paying money for goods or services, the people I deal with better darn well speak English! If not, hasta la vista baby!
Oh and PS: Why do I have to set an example for these criminals and their children? Isn't the fact that they are leaching off our society and we are continuing to work hard, pay their way, enough of an example? Are these people children who do not know right from wrong? Or grown adults who are simply showing disrespectful behavior by taunting the fact that they never intend to assimilate to the US, and, as such, teach their abhorrent practices to their children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Hmmm. So you really have no idea at all who's illegal and who's not. It's really just people who don't speak English that are your problem. Are you setting a good example for them by learning a second language yourself, or are you still one of those monolingual types?

Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 PM

1,657 posts, read 2,995,238 times
Personally, I stopped doing business with most fast food chains and certain chain stores, along time ago. The problem is that they are everywhere, even on the st corners selling their produce de Mexico.

Andreabeth, what is ICE ???

I think the reason we (americans) don't protest /march is because we probably wouldn't get any publicity, anyway, to get our point across. Hey, Im all for a protest or whatever needs to be done, just don't know if it will happen.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 PM

233 posts, read 389,830 times
ICE.....Immigration Customs Enforcement.......the new name for INS......or the new joke as we call it........there is NO enforcement as we all know!

Old 05-28-2007, 04:23 AM

7,269 posts, read 9,208,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
I am sure that most of us that have been posting on here know of at least one store/business in your own town that hires illegal workers, and we all know that the almighty dollar is the one thing most people hear. If you effectively cut off someones $$ you get their attention very quickly, so what does everyone think the consequences would be if we all went into those places that we know have illegals working and do our normal shopping and then "change our mind" and leave without making any purchase but making sure to let the owner know our reason for taking our business elsewhere. Seems to me that cheap labor isn't so cheap if you're not taking in enough to pay it. It would be nice to be able to solve the illegal problem without having to hurt someones ability to pay their workers but face it a lot of these business owners want those illegals for that cheap labor which also translates into bigger profits for themselves, so they for sure wouldn't get on board for deportation unless you hurt their income and show them what the rest are feeling. Think it would work, or think it stinks?
One more thing, has anyone thought to get a march organized of those against this new amnesty plan they are pushing? Seems the illegals can march and protest so why don't the rest of us.............if anyone hears of a march somewhere please post it...I'll get there with bells on!!
Service owner here and I only hire 100% legal & 100% English speaking. Stay legal and the rest falls into place.

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 AM

233 posts, read 389,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Service owner here and I only hire 100% legal & 100% English speaking. Stay legal and the rest falls into place.

TAHNK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!! A sugguestion...........hang a sign in your comapany window stating that and you'll probably increase your business with the way people are feeling about this issue.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:42 PM

7,269 posts, read 9,208,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
TAHNK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!! A sugguestion...........hang a sign in your comapany window stating that and you'll probably increase your business with the way people are feeling about this issue.
Your welcome, Mollies Mom. I do state this in my advertising. I do not do it for my own personal views on this issue, I actually do it because when you allow someone to come into your home and trust them with your personal belongings, you like everything to be on the up-and-up. I am not saying that illegal immigrants are not trustworthy - I'm only speaking in terms of how my insurance liabilities are concerned. I stay on the straight and narrow. I sleep better at night. My clients sleep better at night. All my employees have AZ fingerprint clearance cards as well, so its not all about illegals or the command of the English language. I have had several clients say to me that they do not want those that do not have an excelled command of the English language in their home. I respect their wishes. Have to. It's their home and without their business - I am out of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or