U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 01:43 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times

Advertisements

Talk about a people who just don't get it.

On one hand they're complaining about their 20% unemployment rate, and on the hand demanding unlimited illegal immigration and handing anyone who manages to sneak over the border US citizenship.

They pretend to care about climate change and the environment while wanting to increase the population of the USA dramatically by rewarding anyone who comes here to have many children with government aid and citizenhip. Maybe they should focus on a little population control for their group.

Conference seeks Latino solidarity - El Paso Times

I wonder if their solution for the 20% "latino" unemployment rate would be to demand that immigrants be given preference with ALL the jobs here and leave Americans with no jobs. How else will the reconcile their demands for ever increasing latino immigration with their high joblessness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 04:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Talk about a people who just don't get it.

On one hand they're complaining about their 20% unemployment rate, and on the hand demanding unlimited illegal immigration and handing anyone who manages to sneak over the border US citizenship.

They pretend to care about climate change and the environment while wanting to increase the population of the USA dramatically by rewarding anyone who comes here to have many children with government aid and citizenhip. Maybe they should focus on a little population control for their group.

Conference seeks Latino solidarity - El Paso Times

I wonder if their solution for the 20% "latino" unemployment rate would be to demand that immigrants be given preference with ALL the jobs here and leave Americans with no jobs. How else will the reconcile their demands for ever increasing latino immigration with their high joblessness?
Their utter stupidity has no bounderies obviously. "Issues important to Latinos"? What would that be? Don't we all put on our pants the same way? I hate these race based groups. Shouldn't we all just be Americans united for the common good rather than preaching divisiness and special consideration for our own race or ethnicity? What kind of Americans are these anyway?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:33 PM

3,855 posts, read 3,164,247 times
They're getting bold knowing we have an incompetent pandering President.(OBAMA).

Last edited by antarez; 01-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Their utter stupidity has no bounderies obviously. "Issues important to Latinos"? What would that be? Don't we all put on our pants the same way? I hate these race based groups. Shouldn't we all just be Americans united for the common good rather than preaching divisiness and special consideration for our own race or ethnicity? What kind of Americans are these anyway?
Only certain Latinos would qualify anyway...........White Spaniards or Black Dominicans would be SOL knowing the Mexica class traitors.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,160 times
This just "gets" me. Latinos? What? How about AMERICANS? Why do they distinguish between the two? Are they not AMERICANS? Why special treatment or acknowledgement because of a race? Is THAT racist? I'd bet if ANYONE said "Well, White Americans are hurting" Racism would be screamed. Get a grip people! It's NOT about race! STOP! BE AMERICAN!

I have found that those of color besides "whatever white they can establish" KEEP the racism going and GROWING. Ridiculous. Grow up and BE responsible.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,890,891 times
Yes imagine a conference for white solidarity. Every media outlet in the country would lable it racist.
How about a white group calling themselves The Race??
But no they are no biased or racist. They are for all illegals equally.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:58 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
This just "gets" me. Latinos? What? How about AMERICANS? Why do they distinguish between the two? Are they not AMERICANS? Why special treatment or acknowledgement because of a race? Is THAT racist? I'd bet if ANYONE said "Well, White Americans are hurting" Racism would be screamed. Get a grip people! It's NOT about race! STOP! BE AMERICAN!

I have found that those of color besides "whatever white they can establish" KEEP the racism going and GROWING. Ridiculous. Grow up and BE responsible.
They do distinguish their group from Americans. They aren't pro-American at all, they care nothing about the American taxpayers, you never hear of them complaining about taxes being too high because they don't pay many.

They are a very ethnocentric racist group with their own agenda for the USA. They certainly don't care about white or black or even hispanic Americans hurting, all they want is unlimited and more massive immigration from their own countries, and they want job and other preferences for their group. Otherwise it would make no sense to demand open borders and millions more impoverished people showing up while crying about high unemployment rates for their special group.

This gets back to Vicente Fox's "the Whole Enchilada" where the Mexican diaspora keeps their own citizenship but demands and gets access to everything in the USA, but they don't want just access, they want more, they want guarantees. Of course a foreign group in the USA doesn't have the same issues as Americans.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,619,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post

In a multicultural society, any group emphasizing its own 'special status' and looking out for its own members is doing exactly what it SHOULD be doing...celebrating its own culture, and promoting the interests of members of that culture. That's what multiculturalism IS...."many cultures"...presumably each one unique, special, and 'equal', and of course the 'culture of choice' for its own members.

Remember, 'multiculturalism', as a concept to be emphasized and sought after, (as it has been in the US for the past 3 decades) has only been 'fashionable' for a very short time. It's also still quite rare, and relatively few nations today have adopted it. Most nations still retain their own distinct national culture, and any immigrants in these places are expected to adapt that culture and 'fit in', or be forever looked at as 'foreigners'.

Here in the US we do it differently; we attach no importance to an 'American culture'..(indeed, many of us deny that there IS such a thing), and we encourage any immigrants arriving here to retain their own culture; many of them do so, and the results of that are seen not only in 'Latino solidarity', but in a dozen other examples.

There will be more and more of this in the future, as we abandon the idea of 'assimilation' and opt for the 'every culture for itself' mode of operating.

I do not think a truly multicultural society can exist for long as a prosperous, liberal, and tolerant nation...either it will have to abandon multiculturalism and get back to some semblance of a 'shared' culture for all inhabitants..or it will have to abandon much of its freedom, and agree to live under a strict form of authoritarian rule, one which forces all cultures to 'get along' with each other, whether they like it or not.

Meanwhile, though, we're in a sort of experiment..we're trying out 'multiculturalism'....and for now, I see nothing in the concept of 'Latino solidarity' that is contrary to the principles of multiculturalism...in fact, not only is 'Latino soldarity' OK, according to multiculturalist thinking, ethnic solidarity of ANY kind is the very ESSENCE of multiculturalism..."We'll take care of OUR group, and the REST of you can take care of yourselves".

That's the definition of multiculturalism..."many cultures". 'Latino' is, arguably, the name of a culture. In this instance, a culture is seeking to promote itself. Isn't that what cultures are expected to do? If we don't LIKE it, perhaps we shouldn't blame the Latinos...perhaps we should re-think multiculturalism. At one time, we had a concept in this society called 'assimilation'. Maybe we should look into that; perhaps there may be something we could learn.

Or maybe not....

Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,296,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Your so right on target chicagonut, Why some feel it necessary that their own race deserves more then other's i just don't get it.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:48 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,296,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yes imagine a conference for white solidarity. Every media outlet in the country would lable it racist.
How about a white group calling themselves The Race??
But no they are no biased or racist. They are for all illegals equally.

So many it seems like to call out the White Race for anything we do that in the least resembles a race issue. Is everything created equal with the races, the way it is going, i hardly think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or