U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,677 times

Advertisements

Poachers.

I own a farm. It is beautiful and I work hard and pay to keep it that way. We have natural habitat: deer, coyote, bear, plants which help make it an American dream. Think of this as my country.

I INVITE others to enjoy. Biology students from the local college, 4-H clubs, boy/girl scouts and families who enjoy teaching the LAWS of the land. They come, learn respect of the BALANCE of nature and ALL enjoy. There is a list to join, to wait, so that replenishment can be obtained.

Then there are those who disregard the laws and come onto the property, killing whatever they want, digging up, trampling upon new plants that I worked to replenish the Earth, leave trash and other remnants behind because they too, WANT (not love) the land so they just TAKE IT. I have to clean up after them, at my expense, replant those stolen or destroyed to keep the balance, monitor using a government agency (DNR) to keep an override of hunters from killing animals all the while paying my taxes, my property fees/rights while they sneak in and disregard any laws.

Think of this as my Nation. It is the same. We pay for, supply and have to replenish all of those things stolen from this Nation as they laugh at us while they carry our stolen things to their abode. We pay for it all. Why would ANY AMERICAN say this is OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 10:08 PM

Over and over again. They are good at circular thinking only to wear us down with the exasperation of us knowing they are too limited to see truth.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:13 AM

I contacted the Administrators (thank you for the response) regarding the deletion of the posts in this thread as I could not understand the reasoning behind it. What I was told was that a "troll" had highjacked this thread and all got messed up with it being caught in the crossfire while they cleaned it up. So now I know what some interent jargon (troll) is.

I'm not bumping this thread (learned what that was too) but thought an explanation was needed as well as my clarification regarding my topic.

The reason I posted this in the analogy chosen was simply this. It seems many arguments wind up going back to "Well, we stole the land, blah blah." So I took that equation out of the mix, I bought my land from "The Andersons". My mind is open regarding illegal immigration to the point that if anyone can tell me what is good about it for this country, please, post it! I have yet to find a reasonable explanation as to the benefits to THIS COUNTRY except for the again argument of big business profits. Look again at my analogy as the average person living and trying to maintain a balance which would be good for all and then tell me why going around said law is good for anyone except those breaking the law.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I contacted the Administrators (thank you for the response) regarding the deletion of the posts in this thread as I could not understand the reasoning behind it. What I was told was that a "troll" had highjacked this thread and all got messed up with it being caught in the crossfire while they cleaned it up. So now I know what some interent jargon (troll) is.

I'm not bumping this thread (learned what that was too) but thought an explanation was needed as well as my clarification regarding my topic.

The reason I posted this in the analogy chosen was simply this. It seems many arguments wind up going back to "Well, we stole the land, blah blah." So I took that equation out of the mix, I bought my land from "The Andersons". My mind is open regarding illegal immigration to the point that if anyone can tell me what is good about it for this country, please, post it! I have yet to find a reasonable explanation as to the benefits to THIS COUNTRY except for the again argument of big business profits. Look again at my analogy as the average person living and trying to maintain a balance which would be good for all and then tell me why going around said law is good for anyone except those breaking the law.
All excellent points there; and, your post would not qualify as a bump/hijack IMHO since it is definitely on topic.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 AM

60,155 posts, read 30,630,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Poachers.

I own a farm. It is beautiful and I work hard and pay to keep it that way. We have natural habitat: deer, coyote, bear, plants which help make it an American dream. Think of this as my country.

I INVITE others to enjoy. Biology students from the local college, 4-H clubs, boy/girl scouts and families who enjoy teaching the LAWS of the land. They come, learn respect of the BALANCE of nature and ALL enjoy. There is a list to join, to wait, so that replenishment can be obtained.

Then there are those who disregard the laws and come onto the property, killing whatever they want, digging up, trampling upon new plants that I worked to replenish the Earth, leave trash and other remnants behind because they too, WANT (not love) the land so they just TAKE IT. I have to clean up after them, at my expense, replant those stolen or destroyed to keep the balance, monitor using a government agency (DNR) to keep an override of hunters from killing animals all the while paying my taxes, my property fees/rights while they sneak in and disregard any laws.

Think of this as my Nation. It is the same. We pay for, supply and have to replenish all of those things stolen from this Nation as they laugh at us while they carry our stolen things to their abode. We pay for it all. Why would ANY AMERICAN say this is OK.

Being a hunter, I hold the same views of it being a good example.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
The extreme liberal view is that you have been given an unfair advantage by having that land. Extreme liberals think you should hand over that land and redistribute it all to poor halfway around the Country.

As you have seen the takers will take and take so long as they are allowed to take.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM

747 posts, read 1,516,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The extreme liberal view is that you have been given an unfair advantage by having that land. Extreme liberals think you should hand over that land and redistribute it all to poor halfway around the Country.

As you have seen the takers will take and take so long as they are allowed to take.

This is so true.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

That is so very true, So when do we do something about it to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or