U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2010, 04:19 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So do you agree with Latin and prouds post? Read the part in bold letters. They as in all?
They usually live in large urban cities(because it's similar to their countries) cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami. Many live in condos(because again that's what they are used to). They work some of the same jobs Mexican do such as waiters, chefs, in retail stores. Usually small businesses, not in large factories or farms. They are not used to jobs with large physical demand so it's mainly jobs in the service sector.
Let's also realize that White illegal immigrants are usually more affluent and educated than those from poorer nations (the glaring exception is African illegal immigrants. This is due to the EXTREMELY high cost of travel...in Europe, African immigrants are usually not as affluent as those here in the United States).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2010, 06:19 PM
 
276 posts, read 637,486 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So do you agree with Latin and prouds post? Read the part in bold letters. They as in all?
They usually live in large urban cities(because it's similar to their countries) cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami. Many live in condos(because again that's what they are used to). They work some of the same jobs Mexican do such as waiters, chefs, in retail stores. Usually small businesses, not in large factories or farms. They are not used to jobs with large physical demand so it's mainly jobs in the service sector.
I think it's hilarious! All I can do is laugh...because the only folk not allowed to cry racism are whites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,077,957 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaa View Post
I think it's hilarious! All I can do is laugh...because the only folk not allowed to cry racism are whites!
What was racist about what was said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
77 posts, read 88,174 times
Reputation: 35
I said usually. Thank you very much. Not all, not none. Tinman is twisting my words

and yes "usually" ILLEGAL white Europeans and Canadians come from Middle/upper classes.

And no one here is talking about Americans. We are talking about Illegal aliens.

And i'm tired of you all twisting my words, and trolling my posts. I'm gonna ignore the accusations from now on. But rest assured I'm not gonna stop posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sure if you say so.
Ok so Americans are lazy, Canadians are lazy and so are Europeans. Ok got it.
Because there are no Canadian Dairy farmers, No Canadian construction workers. And of course Europe suffers from the same problems.

I live in Calif tinman01, but i sure don't live in Los Angeles. And yes i agree with everything your are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
 
234 posts, read 202,576 times
Reputation: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaa View Post
As I browse through the immigration forum I am reading a lot. Mostly about Hispanics...the communities that house them and lots of details about how they manage to stay receiving everything from Medical attention to food and income, the odd referrence has been made about white illegals Canadians or Brits etc. What do these people do to stay and assimilate? Where do they live, how do they get jobs etc. I ask because it appears that the white community would not tolerate helping them in any way? I'm sure there is not much of that type of illegal immigration yet it has been mention so it must still be happening to some degree?
40% of the illegal immigrant population are people whose origin is NOT Mexico AKA the Brown people. Is anyone aware that Latin America has a white population? Did you know that according to the CIA World fact book 33% 37% of Latin American population is white. That accounts for 190 million 203 million people who can potentially be part of the estimated 24% Latin America illegal immigrant population in the United States. The Urban Institute, a research group in Washington, D.C., estimates between 65,000 and 75,000 undocumented Canadians currently live in the United States. 6% of illegal immigrants are from European Countries, 9% were from Asia, and 24% were from other Latin American countries according to a 2005 Pew Hispanic Center research report.

The facts debunk the stereotype of the illegal immigrant as being "EXCLUSIVELY" a brown little man. Extreme bias allows white looking illegal immigrants from being questioned.



I GUESS IF YOU'RE WHITE LOOKING AND ILLEGAL IT'S OK IN AMERICA.


https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...elds/2075.html

http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/61.pdf

“He’s an... Illegal Eh-lien” | Willamette Week | February 20th, 2008

White Latin American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 07:29 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
40% of the illegal immigrant population are people whose origin is NOT Mexico AKA the Brown people. Is anyone aware that Latin America has a white population? Did you know that according to the CIA World fact book 33% – 37% of Latin American population is white. That accounts for 190 million – 203 million people who can potentially be part of the estimated 24% Latin America illegal immigrant population in the United States. The Urban Institute, a research group in Washington, D.C., estimates between 65,000 and 75,000 undocumented Canadians currently live in the United States. 6% of illegal immigrants are from European Countries, 9% were from Asia, and 24% were from other Latin American countries according to a 2005 Pew Hispanic Center research report.

The facts debunk the stereotype of the illegal immigrant as being "EXCLUSIVELY" a brown little man. Extreme bias allows white looking illegal immigrants from being questioned.



I GUESS IF YOU'RE WHITE LOOKING AND ILLEGAL IT'S OK IN AMERICA.


https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...elds/2075.html

http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/61.pdf

“He’s an... Illegal Eh-lien” | Willamette Week | February 20th, 2008

White Latin American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

80% of illegals (not the 40% visa overstayers) are Mexicans or other Latinos. Who do you think is going to get the most attention? The whites in Mexico are mostly Spaniards who are usually the elite of Mexico. Not likely that they are migrating here.

It doesn't matter who you are or where you are from. If you are here illegally.....go home.

Get your facts straight no one is saying the illegal aliens are "exclusively" anyone who is brown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:32 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,113 times
Reputation: 13
The Color or Race of an illegal does not and should not matter.

Say you have a home with much property. A family of three Father, Mother and child hop the back fence in the middle of the night. You do not notice them at first. They create a small home, you do not notice. Your property is that large.

You notice little things missing from the fridge, you dismiss it. You eventually notice that your medical supplies are starting to disappear, you dismiss it.
You go to look for your favorite book on education, it is gone.
You start to wonder what is slowly happening to your stuff.
Eventually you find their home. Its nice with a garden and a swing set. Now you start to find your things, your supplies that were taken.

It does not matter, that on the surface they appear to be a "nice family" does it?

Does it really matter what race or color they are?

You have the authorities remove them.

I have witnessed much offence and defence on this forum in regard to a particular Race. It is and should be only about all illegals and their presence in the US. Whether you are Pro or Con it should be about all, not a segment of the population.

To me, Illegal is Illegal. All Illegals must be deported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 AM
 
Location: The State Of California
9,131 posts, read 11,669,486 times
Reputation: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaa View Post
As I browse through the immigration forum I am reading a lot. Mostly about Hispanics...the communities that house them and lots of details about how they manage to stay receiving everything from Medical attention to food and income, the odd referrence has been made about white illegals Canadians or Brits etc. What do these people do to stay and assimilate? Where do they live, how do they get jobs etc. I ask because it appears that the white community would not tolerate helping them in any way? I'm sure there is not much of that type of illegal immigration yet it has been mention so it must still be happening to some degree?
OKLAHOMA the whites entered Indian Territory Ahead Of Time
And Staked Claims To Property That Legally Wasn't Their's.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 AM
 
Location: ...at a 3AM epiphany
2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider2012 View Post
The Color or Race of an illegal does not and should not matter.

Say you have a home with much property. A family of three Father, Mother and child hop the back fence in the middle of the night. You do not notice them at first. They create a small home, you do not notice. Your property is that large.

You notice little things missing from the fridge, you dismiss it. You eventually notice that your medical supplies are starting to disappear, you dismiss it.
You go to look for your favorite book on education, it is gone.
You start to wonder what is slowly happening to your stuff.
Eventually you find their home. Its nice with a garden and a swing set. Now you start to find your things, your supplies that were taken.

It does not matter, that on the surface they appear to be a "nice family" does it?

Does it really matter what race or color they are?

You have the authorities remove them.

I have witnessed much offence and defence on this forum in regard to a particular Race. It is and should be only about all illegals and their presence in the US. Whether you are Pro or Con it should be about all, not a segment of the population.

To me, Illegal is Illegal. All Illegals must be deported.
This is a very good analogy and that is exactly what happens, correctly stating race is not the issue. Illegal immigration is the topic of this forum. Playing the race card only sidetracks and confuses, a tactic used to muddy the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top