U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Interesting....

I didn't participate in the immigration forum when this happened and I'm not interested in reading 2 year old posts but I have seen similar behavior now days. Not from Arizonabear so much but from other posters.

The behavior I have noticed is that if you don't agree 100% with the anti illegal immigration crowd some posters will suggest over and over that you are lying, will question your legal status in the USA or accuse you of trolling or insulting white people. You can never post anything in this forum without getting that response. I think they do it on purpose so those posters leave or take the bait and get banned.

I don't understand why the topics can just be discussed without questioning the poster's personal facts.
Kind of like how you respond in the Miami forum when anything about race or immigration status gets posted huh? People are allowed to post in any forum they want.
I don't want the Pro-Illegal crowd to leave or who would we argue with?

Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM

2,930 posts, read 6,027,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Kind of like how you respond in the Miami forum when anything about race or immigration status gets posted huh? People are allowed to post in any forum they want.
I don't want the Pro-Illegal crowd to leave or who would we argue with?
The Miami forum is for relocation purposes. There is a place and a time for everything. While I understand that other cities might have high problems with illegal immigration, that's not the case for Miami as the majority are Cubans and they are given legal status the minute they get here. You said we had illegal immigration problems because we are a border state. We are NOT a border state and I had to refute that, not only because it is incorrect but because that is the main reason why we don't have high illegal immigration problems. Those are facts and if you want to discuss illegal immigration at least it should be brought up where it belongs.

Complaining about Wet foot/Dry foot or Haitian refugees would be more accurate as it is a real issue there, not illegal Mexicans.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM

77 posts, read 88,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
South Florida college students Felipe Matos, 23, Carlos Roa, 22, and Gaby Pacheo, 25, say their lives as illegal immigrants have become so "unbearable," they decided it was time to take their stories to the nation's capital...on foot.

Immigration: Illegal Students Make 1500 Mile March to Washington - ABC News
]"The most recent ABC News poll on immigration, 61 percent of respondents said They would support a program giving illegal immigrants now living in the United States the right to live here legally if they pay a fine and meet other requirements. Thirty-five percent said they oppose such a plan"
I support this too, good luck guys!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
I hope rewarding criminals stops in this country.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:39 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
]"The most recent ABC News poll on immigration, 61 percent of respondents said They would support a program giving illegal immigrants now living in the United States the right to live here legally if they pay a fine and meet other requirements. Thirty-five percent said they oppose such a plan"
In practice: most of the illegals would fail to make the cut.

Needless to say: if the Feds were to cut off unemployment extensions...........I can all but guarantee that open hostility would occur against the day laborers hanging around Home Depot.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
<<It's much easier to see yourself in terms of some bureaucrat having forgotten to issue you your documents than it is to see yourself as being not legally entitled to them at all. >>

No doubt, but if I rob a bank, can I claim I'm just making an undocumented withdrawal? Would that make it 'not quite so illegal'?

Old 02-12-2010, 09:25 AM

130 posts, read 228,745 times
The Border Patrol needs to arrest all of the illegal protesters and deport them! They won't do it because its not politically correct! We all agree its the right thing to do but the liberals in this nation will make it sound as if we are racist! I dont care if you are from Canada, if you are here illegally then you should be deported and our laws already on the books demand it as well!

Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 AM

2,007 posts, read 3,362,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
with that kind of distance they should turn around and march right back where they belong south of the border.they should have ice stationed along the way to remove these criminal parasites.
bingo!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM

3,674 posts, read 5,852,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&P90210 View Post
So please tell me, if these people are so poor and disadvantaged, how are they supposed to pay the fine?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
So please tell me, if these people are so poor and disadvantaged, how are they supposed to pay the fine?
They aren’t expected to pay, and they never will. It’s just window dressing to garner support for amnesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or