U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 05:07 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,366,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
With that kind of distance they should turn around and march right back where they belong south of the border.They should have ICE stationed along the way to remove these criminal parasites.

I also agree with you. I'm sorry if they are not here legally, what is their gripes to begin with. Go gripe to your own Country, for not giving a damn about their citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What are they in fear of? If they don't try taking a job from an American, don't drive drunk or other stupid tricks they won't be deported. It sounds like they've been pretty coddled so far. They are in College for God's sake. This sounds like another ploy to grab Federal funding for grants. Is there a reason they can't pay for their own school?

Thank you, for thinking as i do on this subject. I agree with you! I also think that they have it pretty good here. This sounds like a big ploy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They aren’t expected to pay, and they never will. It’s just window dressing to garner support for amnesty.

Benicar again, i agree with you, took the words right out of my mouth. All it is pretty window dressing, to support amnesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
So please tell me, if these people are so poor and disadvantaged, how are they supposed to pay the fine?

Think you have answered your own question!

Last edited by Yac; 03-04-2010 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: 4 posts in a row merged

Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,252,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
So please tell me, if these people are so poor and disadvantaged, how are they supposed to pay the fine?
The same way they paid to get across the Border or paid for their Visa.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:47 PM

32,979 posts, read 30,239,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The same way they paid to get across the Border or paid for their Visa.
That 5 grand to be smuggled could get you through a JC twice, even on out of State tuition.

If they want free money beg for it on a street corner.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:25 PM

3,054 posts, read 5,051,430 times
If they are here illegally, then they should be rounded up and deported!!! I do not care what lame excuse they use, send them back to the country they came from with no exceptions.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I also agree with you. I'm sorry if they are not here legally, what is their gripes to begin with. Go gripe to your own Country, for not giving a damn about their citizens.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloesch View Post
INS should be waiting for them in DC. Don't say a word, just have thousands of buses sitting around the White House. When they cross the 14th street bridge surround them. And deport every last illegal citizen back where they came from. I don't care what anyone says they don't belong here and they are taking jobs from Americans because they are willing to work for peanuts. Its also time to clarify the 14th amendment. Anchor babies no more!
Absolutely right!!! The 14th amendment was for those brought against their will in slavery and their children, not for anchor babies by willfully lawbreaking parents. I say strip the anchor babies of their citizenship and deport them along with their lowlife parents. Of course the bleeding heart iidiots will say that is cruel, but put the blame where it belongs- on the parents!!!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Just curious, how many here would stand up for our Constitution and Nation, to stop the illegals from their yearly march in DC? I'm thinking if the government workers won't do their job, surround them, and arrest and deport all of them, then we the people should make it our Constitutional duty to to defend our Nation by doing it ourselves.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Absolutely right!!! The 14th amendment was for those brought against their will in slavery and their children, not for anchor babies by willfully lawbreaking parents. I say strip the anchor babies of their citizenship and deport them along with their lowlife parents. Of course the bleeding heart iidiots will say that is cruel, but put the blame where it belongs- on the parents!!!
In all fairness: if such were to occur; I would prefer to see Anchor Babies only under the age of 18 stripped of their citizenship, grandfathering in the older ones as Americans (but their illegal alien parents would need to leave regardless).

Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,098,644 times
Quote:
Just curious, how many here would stand up for our Constitution and Nation, to stop the illegals from their yearly march in DC? I'm thinking if the government workers won't do their job, surround them, and arrest and deport all of them, then we the people should make it our Constitutional duty to to defend our Nation by doing it ourselves.

Thats the most Unconstitutional thing that can be done.

By what authority can you stop a legal constitutional march? By what means can you stop a person on the street and determin his citizenzhip...Because you have a hunch they may be here Illegally? where in the Constitution is that permitted?

Arrest and Deport?

Do you know how many constitutional rights you would be violating?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,098,644 times
Quote:
How does one go about stipping a citizen of their rights?

And if you want to strip a class of American citizens of their rights...that you have classified, can I set up a class of American citizen I would like to strip of their rights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or