Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:53 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,434,023 times

Advertisements

South Florida college students Felipe Matos, 23, Carlos Roa, 22, and Gaby Pacheo, 25, say their lives as illegal immigrants have become so "unbearable," they decided it was time to take their stories to the nation's capital...on foot.

Immigration: Illegal Students Make 1500 Mile March to Washington - ABC News

Old 01-26-2010, 04:04 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,858,144 times
With that kind of distance they should turn around and march right back where they belong south of the border.They should have ICE stationed along the way to remove these criminal parasites.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM

50,081 posts, read 46,663,334 times
What are they in fear of? If they don't try taking a job from an American, don't drive drunk or other stupid tricks they won't be deported. It sounds like they've been pretty coddled so far. They are in College for God's sake. This sounds like another ploy to grab Federal funding for grants. Is there a reason they can't pay for their own school?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM

749 posts, read 1,784,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
With that kind of distance they should turn around and march right back where they belong south of the border.They should have ICE stationed along the way to remove these criminal parasites.
I agree so much with your post. I'm sick of them marching like they have rights here. Any way you look at it; they are illegal.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:15 PM

749 posts, read 1,784,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
What are they in fear of? If they don't try taking a job from an American, don't drive drunk or other stupid tricks they won't be deported. It sounds like they've been pretty coddled so far. They are in College for God's sake. This sounds like another ploy to grab Federal funding for grants. Is there a reason they can't pay for their own school?
Another great post!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:18 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,529,289 times
This is what gets me. They blatantly say, nationally, that they are here illegally. Go round 'em up and march them right back to their native country. I mean, how much could a bus ticket cost? a plane ticket for that matter.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:43 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,602,640 times
These people knew they were illegal. Instead of wasting time beginning college here they should have, upon turning 18, immediately returned to their country of origin and applied for a visa, legally, to return to the US for college. There is no excuse for 'demanding' anything from our government.

And as for one of them 'convincing' a state representative that it is implausable to send back millions of illegals, let me point out a little quote ...'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'. (paraphrasing). There are supposedly 20 million illegals in the US. When this group is deported there will be 19,999,980...etcetera. Little steps.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,277,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
These people knew they were illegal. Instead of wasting time beginning college here they should have, upon turning 18, immediately returned to their country of origin and applied for a visa, legally, to return to the US for college. There is no excuse for 'demanding' anything from our government.

And as for one of them 'convincing' a state representative that it is implausable to send back millions of illegals, let me point out a little quote ...'a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'. (paraphrasing). There are supposedly 20 million illegals in the US. When this group is deported there will be 19,999,980...etcetera. Little steps.
That is what I don't get. They are outwardly admitting they are here illegally by marching in our streets. Where is ICE?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,507,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That is what I don't get. They are outwardly admitting they are here illegally by marching in our streets. Where is ICE?
Dreamies are an arrogant group of ingrates, who believe they are entitled to the same rights and privileges as citizens. Some even believe they are “more” entitled. They are so delusional they actually believe they are entitled to congressional representation.

Quote:
The trail walkers from Miami, FL. Started walking on the first of January. I believe everyone should be contacting all Representatives supporting the Dream Act bill. I understand some of you not seeing a point on calling your Senator, that's fine. But at least the Representatives.

I will post the list of the narrowed Representatives that need to be contacted.
Day of Call,Emails, Faxes.....Wednesday - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Quote:
It would be nice if the administration heard about the Trail of Dreams and gave it some thought. If the nation is mobilizing to such harsh extents, that should be proof of how much this is needed... they need to get that through their heads and have some compassion... instead of playing politics with our lives to better their own careers... selfish pricks...
Sigh.
1,500-Mile Illegal Immigrant March on DC - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Quote:
We need to call/email/fax the white house that immigration reform is needed so that the president includes it in his state of the union.

In fact im sending about 20 faxes right now!
State of the Union - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Of course, they ostracize any poster who disagrees with their arrogance. Case in point, the comments by this “banned” Dreamie.

Quote:
I think the reason people use undocumented is because it gives them a false sense of inclusion with citizens. It's much easier to see yourself in terms of some bureaucrat having forgotten to issue you your documents than it is to see yourself as being not legally entitled to them at all. to put it another way, it's a psychological coping mechanism. I see that as unhealthy, not healthy.
What is an "Illegal Student?" Take Action Now! - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,277,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Dreamies are an arrogant group of ingrates, who believe they are entitled to the same rights and privileges as citizens. Some even believe they are “more” entitled. They are so delusional they actually believe they are entitled to congressional representation.

Day of Call,Emails, Faxes.....Wednesday - DREAM Act Portal Forum

1,500-Mile Illegal Immigrant March on DC - DREAM Act Portal Forum

State of the Union - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Of course, they ostracize any poster who disagrees with their arrogance. Case in point, the comments by this “banned” Dreamie.

What is an "Illegal Student?" Take Action Now! - DREAM Act Portal Forum
Benicar, you will find that in most pro-illegal forums. If you dare to disagree with them first you are called all kinds of names, your posts are deleted and then you are banned. Been there, done that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration