Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:38 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Dreamies are an arrogant group of ingrates, who believe they are entitled to the same rights and privileges as citizens. Some even believe they are “more” entitled. They are so delusional they actually believe they are entitled to congressional representation.

Day of Call,Emails, Faxes.....Wednesday - DREAM Act Portal Forum

1,500-Mile Illegal Immigrant March on DC - DREAM Act Portal Forum

State of the Union - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Of course, they ostracize any poster who disagrees with their arrogance. Case in point, the comments by this “banned” Dreamie.

What is an "Illegal Student?" Take Action Now! - DREAM Act Portal Forum
These links have kept me very busy, Benicar. I thank you for your astute dedicated knowledge which you freely share.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
American quakes in fear as 3 kids march to Washington...

Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
These links have kept me very busy, Benicar. I thank you for your astute dedicated knowledge which you freely share.
Thanks, and you are welcome. Lately, most of their discussions are reserved for their chat room, and they have ‘sanitized’ their comments. Their posts used to be very vulgar, as well as racist; not exactly exemplifying "good moral character."

Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Benicar, you will find that in most pro-illegal forums. If you dare to disagree with them first you are called all kinds of names, your posts are deleted and then you are banned. Been there, done that!
Same here. They are sooooo welcoming.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Benicar, you will find that in most pro-illegal forums. If you dare to disagree with them first you are called all kinds of names, your posts are deleted and then you are banned. Been there, done that!
Quote:
Same here. They are sooooo welcoming.
Interesting, and hopefully I won't get "flagged to a mod" by one of you for this comment, but:

You don't think the opposite holds true here?

How come this forum is so "anti" dominated? Only what like 2 posters here that offer a differentiating view are still here over the last 3 years? While the antis hold this ground solid with taking maybe 2 bans?

Honestly I try to offer an unbiased perspective and I still get dinged by Mods here, not blaming them but it does seem like the "antis" flag posts that offer even the least bit of confrontation.

Remember the great poster Crisp444? How the core of you antagonized him for being "too young to have an opinion"...yet I don't remember any of you being banned for that and there should have been heads rolling.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Interesting, and hopefully I won't get "flagged to a mod" by one of you for this comment, but:

How come this forum is so "anti" dominated? Only what like 2 posters here that offer a differentiating view are still here over the last 3 years? While the antis hold this ground solid with taking maybe 2 bans?

Honestly I try to offer un-biased perspective and I still get dinged by Mods here, not blaiming them but it does seem like the "antis" flag posts that offer even the least bit of confrontation.

Remember the great poster Crisp444? How the core of you antagonized him for being "too young to have an opinion"...yet I don't remember any of you being banned for that and there should have been heads rolling.
For the record, I have never “flagged” a pro-illegal poster for comments I have received, even the blatant personal attacks. However, I have reported obvious pro-illegal trolls. I don’t believe any pro-illegal has been banned simply for expressing an opposing view, unlike DAP and similar forums. They ban posters even if you are polite and simply express an opinion. As a matter of fact, it is against TOS at DAP to disagree with their stance on illegal immigration.

Edit: I have also reported offensive comments made by anti-illegal posters.

Last edited by Benicar; 01-27-2010 at 09:46 AM..

Old 01-27-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
For the record, I have never “flagged” a pro-illegal poster for comments I have received, even the blatant personal attacks. However, I have reported obvious pro-illegal trolls. I don’t believe any pro-illegal has been banned simply for expressing an opposing view, unlike DAP and similar forums. They ban posters even if you are polite and simply express an opinion. As a matter of fact, it is against TOS at DAP to disagree with their stance on illegal immigration.

I am a very polite poster, yet all of my warnings and infractions come from this forum. And, I have seen other very polite posters on the differing side that do get banned in the long run..."pro_logic" was one.

Why post here at all?

Well I better leave this thread before it goes too off-topic and someone flags me.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:43 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:

Honestly I try to offer an unbiased perspective and I still get dinged by Mods here, not blaming them but it does seem like the "antis" flag posts that offer even the least bit of confrontation.

Tow quick notes here:

#1: many of the anti's who were out-and-out racists and/or tend to embellish things (i.e. 20-40 million illegals vs. ca. 10-12 million) are no longer here.

#2: most of the pro illegal types were derogatory Trolls with the notable exception of you most of the time, zacatacana, and 1-2 others.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

You know, I have thought the same on our side. I have seen some pro posters in here who IMO should have been banned but they weren't. I have taken my licks by the moderator in here and rightly so. I just know when I have crossed the line and try not to cross it anymore.

Perhaps the reason that you see more anti's remain in here is because they tend to remain more civil? I think many pro's know that they don't have any viable arguments so there is no point in debating what they know is the truth anyway. They tend to hang out in forums and blogs where they can high five each other and where the moderators aren't fair but biased instead towards any opinion of an anti. That has been my experience anyway.

I do remember you accusing me of being someone who was banned before and that simply wasn't true.

Sorry for replying to the off topic remarks but the truth needs to be told.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Tow quick notes here:

#1: many of the anti's who were out-and-out racists and/or tend to embellish things (i.e. 20-40 million illegals vs. ca. 10-12 million) are no longer here.

#2: most of the pro illegal types were derogatory Trolls with the notable exception of you most of the time, zacatacana, and 1-2 others.
Wasn't it you and Benicar et al that teamed up on Crisp444? Who was a remarkable poster by the way, but you forced him out with your condescending ways.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/4984965-post70.html

Last edited by Mach50; 01-27-2010 at 09:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration