U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:35 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The citizens of this country haven’t “welcomed” illegal aliens. They are only welcomed by our greedy corporations and their government underlings. So yes, we have been invaded, only this invasion is government-sponsored.

And thank you Benicar, for such wise words, and oh so true. You better believe we have not welcomed Illegal aliens, they are here, because of the greedy croporations, and the government underlings. And yes there is most definite a invasion of aliens going on.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have no doubt this is true. They protect the borders of other countries because it is their duty as military personnel. They hold no allegiance to those countries, or love for its citizens. However, I believe most would protect our borders even without orders. After all, they would be protecting their families and friends.

I again, have to agree with what you are saying here. I feel that it would probably be an honor for some to serve there own Country, and to protect their loved ones, and there friends.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,790,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And thank you Benicar, for such wise words, and oh so true. You better believe we have not welcomed Illegal aliens, they are here, because of the greedy croporations, and the government underlings. And yes there is most definite a invasion of aliens going on.

just corporations eh

Company owners admit knowingly hiring illegal immigrants | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices/12701489-1.html - broken link)

How illegal immigration is dividing a town's business owners - Apr. 18, 2008

and so on

Old 01-28-2010, 01:22 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
just corporations eh

Company owners admit knowingly hiring illegal immigrants | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com (http://www.allbusiness.com/government/government-bodies-offices/12701489-1.html - broken link)

How illegal immigration is dividing a town's business owners - Apr. 18, 2008

and so on
I agree with you. It's not just businesses or our government. There are many Americans out there that support immigration reform. The poles do show there is majority support for no amnesty but there is also a very significant number not by far that is in support of legalization. Those that are in support of legalization cannot be made up of simply businesses.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:37 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
In your dreams. I couldn't care less what some narrow minded person stereotypes me as.
You have to remember he comes from a very racist state. That is why he keeps posting that "Hispanic" is fast becoming derrogatory.

I have friends that have visited Arizona and have returned very disappointed. Many were looked down at, never given any customer service, ignored when spoken to..the list goes on. I recall a friend who said she when to eat and at the moment they sat down, the waitress came over and tapped the table really hard demanding the trays when they had not even begun to eat.

I'm in California and even my non-Hispanic friends talk about how racist and ashamed they feel toward the attitude of many Arizonians.

Their attitude will not change our preference to speak Spanish among us.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If it's not a military invasion, then we don't need a military response.
Uhmmm Then why the Military response in Haiti?
Why are we using Military assets to track suspected aircraft smuggling drugs?
Why are we using our Navy to combat Somali Pirates?
Why did we use our Military during Katrina?
Why use our Military to help fight forest fires?
These are all military responses.
12 million illegals is not an invasion? No its more like an infestation. Like plague of locusts.
When we have a foreign Military crossing our borders and engaging our Border Patrol it is time to start using our own Military to support our own agents.
How many citizens were murdered by illegals last year? How many were assaulted? How many robbed?
Really it is the job of the Military to defend US citizens from all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:04 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
You have to remember he comes from a very racist state. That is why he keeps posting that "Hispanic" is fast becoming derrogatory.

I have friends that have visited Arizona and have returned very disappointed. Many were looked down at, never given any customer service, ignored when spoken to..the list goes on. I recall a friend who said she when to eat and at the moment they sat down, the waitress came over and tapped the table really hard demanding the trays when they had not even begun to eat.

I'm in California and even my non-Hispanic friends talk about how racist and ashamed they feel toward the attitude of many Arizonians.

USATODAY.com - Arizona's Hispanic population grew by 88%

At almost 30% how can it be a "racist" state? Come on.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
I agree with you. It's not just businesses or our government. There are many Americans out there that support immigration reform. The poles do show there is majority support for no amnesty but there is also a very significant number not by far that is in support of legalization. Those that are in support of legalization cannot be made up of simply businesses.
The polls. Polls are set up to deliver an agenda. They ask very leading questions and offer very restricted answers.
Example. If the Gov said that granting an amnesty would cost 10 billion less than deporting illegals would you:
1. Absolutely favor amnesty
2. Some what favor amnesty
3. Neutral
4. Somewhat against amnesty
5. Absolutely against amnesty
It has been shown that the majority of illegals have broken no laws except crossing illegally. It is unfair to deport them for a crime no more severe than jay walking.
1. Absolutely agree
2. some what agree
3. Not sure
4. Somewhat disagree
5. Strongly disagree
As you can see a desired out come can be delivered.
Yes I participated in a poll that asked these 2 questions.
Now imagine if the question were based on reality.
Illegal immigration costs california 10 billion annually. That is just 1 of 50 states. can the USA continue to support illegals
1. NO
2. Maybe we can find a way
An estimated 2% of all illegals apprhended are sex offenders.
Is it safe not to deport illegals?
1. NO
2. Just deport them when we catch them.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:43 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
The point is that "most" Americans do not knowlingly employ illegal aliens. To me amnesty and legalization mean the same thing and most Americans do not support that.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:47 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:

Arizona is a racist state, how so? Being tough on the enforcement of our immigration laws does make a whole state racist nor their citizens either.

If some or even many Arizonians have a hostile attitude towards illegal aliens, suspected illegal aliens or their ethnocentric sympathizers then it is justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration