U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Denver
9,070 posts, read 15,509,515 times
Reputation: 5292

Advertisements

In the end, if you agree with this proposal then you are FOR OUTSOURCING.

But come to think of it, those who are against illegal immigration are really for outsourcing because jobs requiring laborers will leave the country with the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,400,338 times
Reputation: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In the end, if you agree with this proposal then you are FOR OUTSOURCING.

But come to think of it, those who are against illegal immigration are really for outsourcing because jobs requiring laborers will leave the country with the illegals.
So why would we care if jobs that only go to cheap illegal alien laborers are outsourced? The sooner the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 12:20 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In the end, if you agree with this proposal then you are FOR OUTSOURCING.

But come to think of it, those who are against illegal immigration are really for outsourcing because jobs requiring laborers will leave the country with the illegals.
What jobs would those be? You can't outsource a construction worker's job. You can't outsource restaurant help and many other jobs in the service sector. If any jobs leave along with the illegals then at least we will no longer have to put up with their presence here sucking our tax dollars dry, producing anchor babies, crowding our schools, jails and hospitals, adding to our crime stats and changing our culture and language to theirs.

Besides what is the difference anyway whether it be taking our jobs here on our soil or outsourcing them either way the American worker is screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,070 posts, read 15,509,515 times
Reputation: 5292
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What jobs would those be? You can't outsource a construction worker's job. You can't outsource restaurant help and many other jobs in the service sector. If any jobs leave along with the illegals then at least we will no longer have to put up with their presence here sucking our tax dollars dry, producing anchor babies, crowding our schools, jails and hospitals, adding to our crime stats and changing our culture and language to theirs.

Besides what is the difference anyway whether it be taking our jobs here on our soil or outsourcing them either way the American worker is screwed.

Yes you can, it is called pre-fabrication (prefabs) coming to a housing neighborhood near you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,176,297 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes you can, it is called pre-fabrication (prefabs) coming to a housing neighborhood near you.
It still requires labor to put up these pre-fab homes along with wiring, plumbing, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 01:30 PM
 
Location: corona, ca
153 posts, read 77,780 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I disagree that since Haiti was such a socioeconomic basketcase prior to its earthquake-------how would the Haitian people keep said illegals booted out of the USA in line?
there was a time that the US where sending prisoners to haiti but there was problems with that. they would escape and go around the country doing sh*t. i heard this from my parents but ill look to see if i can find anything one that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluizzo View Post
there was a time that the US where sending prisoners to haiti but there was problems with that. they would escape and go around the country doing sh*t. i heard this from my parents but ill look to see if i can find anything one that.
Hence my stating that Haiti is in no shape to with keep illegal aliens from the USA (Mexicans, etc.) under control while they are working off their sentences there. Your people have enough problems dealing with Haitian citizens who are bad--------especially after the earthquake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 03:31 PM
 
Location: corona, ca
153 posts, read 77,780 times
Reputation: 24
oh hell i even know that. they need to work on the government first and figure out wtf to do with the country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2010, 04:51 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,095,836 times
Reputation: 2244
i knew the unions would get to this point. interestingly enough, my CO friends are in favor of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 993,172 times
Reputation: 369
<<jobs requiring laborers will leave the country with the illegals.>>

If the jobs most illegal aliens do could be outsourced, they would have already been outsourced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top