Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,520,596 times

Advertisements

I guess the governator will have to think of another strategy to ease the budget crisis.

Quote:
SACRAMENTO, Calif.— California has no plans to ship inmates to prisons in Mexico, despite an off-the-cuff remark this week from Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a corrections official said Tuesday.

More than 70 percent of the 19,000 illegal immigrants imprisoned in California are from Mexico.

"We understand the governor is looking for creative ways to address the budget issues in this state, and that's what it sounds like he was referring to in his Press Club statements," Hinkle said.
Official: No plans to ship Calif inmates to Mexico - SignOnSanDiego.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,457,449 times
From the comments, Zango hit the nail....

Quote:
Not gonna happen. The prison guards union would lobby tooth and nail to make sure it never happens. Yes, it would be cheaper and probably save us billions. Sadly, its never gonna happen. Same reason the U.S. will never legalize pot. Too many groups (cops, judges, prisons) are getting paid to arrest, try and lock up Bill and Ted.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
From the comments, Zango hit the nail....
This is the absolute truth for pot offenders, but what about illegal aliens? Shouldn’t they be arrested?

Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,457,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is the absolute truth for pot offenders, but what about illegal aliens? Shouldn’t they be arrested?

I think you misunderstood my post.

The implied question is "should California out-source prisons to Mexico to detain illegals?".

The answer was "Prison Gaurd Unions in California will never let that happen". they are very powerful, just do a search for them.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:

The implied question is "should California out-source prisons to Mexico to detain illegals?".

The answer was "Prison Gaurd Unions in California will never let that happen". they are very powerful, just do a search for them.
Oh, I thought the emphasis was on the triviality of the crime. I stand corrected.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:58 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,034,802 times
That is very true. The CCPOA is very powerful. Arnold has done a very good job if keeping them happy. "sarcasm"
They have received BIG raises in the last couple of years. What the CCPOA says, goes.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:17 AM

50,135 posts, read 46,774,167 times
Quote:

CA tax payers are being squeezed between Unions and Illegal Aliens. It's been that way but gotten far worse in the last 20 years.

Social services are being drained yet tney would rather close parks and make us endure cuts of various kinds before making smart choices like making sure our slim resources go to CA citizens.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,546,330 times
I think they should be outsourced but not to their country of origin. How about Haiti - couldn't it use jobs? Couldn't prison chain gangs be used to do much of the clean up and rebuilding?

Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,051,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
That is very true. The CCPOA is very powerful. Arnold has done a very good job if keeping them happy. "sarcasm"
They have received BIG raises in the last couple of years. What the CCPOA says, goes.
And in this nasty recession: there are no sacred cows.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,051,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think they should be outsourced but not to their country of origin. How about Haiti - couldn't it use jobs? Couldn't prison chain gangs be used to do much of the clean up and rebuilding?
I disagree that since Haiti was such a socioeconomic basketcase prior to its earthquake-------how would the Haitian people keep said illegals booted out of the USA in line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration