U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM

13,065 posts, read 21,193,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I completely agree. Any violent offender needs to be deported ASAP.

What a joke, 366 out of 12 million. An immigration problem? I don't think so.
Actually, it's 366 out of 476. Which is actually more than 3/4 of those arrested in this operation. You're right about one thing though; this isn't an immigration problem - it's an illegal alien problem.

Your logic is flawed and you are failing to see the point. Referring to this as 'a joke' is very telling as to your motives.

Sweep, sweep, sweep those facts under the rug all you like - rational people cannot be bamboozled with smoke and mirrors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,902,906 times
Quote:
I completely agree. Any violent offender needs to be deported ASAP.

What a joke, 366 out of 12 million. An immigration problem? I don't think so.
366 out of 12 million? No Thats how many that have been caught.
How many illegal alien sex offenders have been caught?
An estimated 240,000.... Is it a problem yet?
How many arrests for child molestation?
6085 Are we seeing a problem yet?
How many Murders per year?
An estimated 2158, Still no problem?
- Crime Summary: The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration.
This is one link of many that support the numbers. Are they all lieing?
Yes I think it is an immigration problem. And no its not a joke.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:12 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,081,552 times
i dont think these numbers(70% illegal) accurately reflect the ranks of most gangs.
the focus was on those illegally here. HENCE ICE conducting this nat'l raid. it wasnt your local sheriff or PD doing this raid on one gang. it was ICE (armed with knowledge of illegality) going after targets. Most gang raids or injunctions dont haul that many illegals.
In this instance ICE was looking for these gangbangers. The citizens caught up were most likely collateral or already under a gang injunction.
in the end, i aint mad. i been saying that ICE SHOULD be going after the gang members and inmates forever.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,902,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i dont think these numbers(70% illegal) accurately reflect the ranks of most gangs.
the focus was on those illegally here. HENCE ICE conducting this nat'l raid. it wasnt your local sheriff or PD doing this raid on one gang. it was ICE (armed with knowledge of illegality) going after targets. Most gang raids or injunctions dont haul that many illegals.
In this instance ICE was looking for these gangbangers. The citizens caught up were most likely collateral or already under a gang injunction.
in the end, i aint mad. i been saying that ICE SHOULD be going after the gang members and inmates forever.
fair post..

Old 01-29-2010, 12:58 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,456,159 times
Quote:
This is precisely what I meant Benicar when I said that there are dysfunctional families in every country and legal status has nothing to do with it. Your opinion is that a bad side about illegal immigration is gangs. Well the article you provided said ICE arrested 366 illegals. For a check in 83 cities, it is fairly low to me. 366 is not even half of my high school class when I graduated. This is to show that gang activity is not an immigration thing. Most illegal immigrants come here to work.

As a matter of fact in most of the families I know, including my extended family, it has been the rule that whenever someone is beggining to "hangout" with the wrong crowd, the parents send them back to Mexico to reform. It has worked every time.

BTW, I'm glad ICE deported these gangsters. This is trully what they should be focusing on-violent offenders.
Yo..They just sent about a dozen ms13 thugs to federal jail here in my home town yesterday. Reports show that most were also here as undocumented aliens.....The increase in gang activity here IS DIRECTLY related to the huge increase in illegals....case and point made,,lol nuff said

Old 01-29-2010, 01:28 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,310,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

Oh you better believe this is no freaking damn JOKE. As far as the illegals, they have been caught, they are here illegally, this is a problem. Send there butt's back to where they came from.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,414,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Actually, it's 366 out of 476. Which is actually more than 3/4 of those arrested in this operation. You're right about one thing though; this isn't an immigration problem - it's an illegal alien problem.

Your logic is flawed and you are failing to see the point. Referring to this as 'a joke' is very telling as to your motives.

Sweep, sweep, sweep those facts under the rug all you like - rational people cannot be bamboozled with smoke and mirrors.
If you read my previous posts, you would know I'm very much in favor of deporting violent offenders or gang bangers. My problem is with people creating stereotypes of people with uninformed statements. That to me is unfair. I respect when someone says they want illegal immigrants to return to their countries or that they want gang bangers who are illegal to be deported. What I don't respect is when people say that illegal immigrants are gangsters instead of saying that a minority of illegal immigrants are gangsters.

Back to your post. ICE is restricted from arresting citizens. Therefore, 100% of their arrests are immigration related. So in my opinion, it's your Logic that is flawed.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is only one gang bust though. 476 were arrested of which 366 were foreign nationals. Percentage wise that is a very high number of foreign nationals vs American citizens. Think of what that would mean if this were a nation wide bust.
It's actually not high at all. This is 1 project with 83 busts of which they arrested 476 foreign nationals. 366 were illegally in the country. If you take the number of illegals and divide it by the number of cities where these gang busts occured, it averages out to approximately 4 illegals per city. Relatively low for a country with said 12 million illegal immigrants.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Yo..They just sent about a dozen ms13 thugs to federal jail here in my home town yesterday. Reports show that most were also here as undocumented aliens.....The increase in gang activity here IS DIRECTLY related to the huge increase in illegals....case and point made,,lol nuff said
And rightfully, they should be deported or sent to jail. We don't need gang bangers in our streets causing more problems. The ms13 is a very dangerous gang. However, as I said before the majority of illegal immigrants are here to work.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I do realize that this is only 83 busts. It's still a very very low number to make grandious accusations.

If they are violent offenders, they should be punished accordingly. Let me remind you that the percentage of illegal immigrants in prison is still low compared to citizens.

I looked at the link you provided but it does not seem like a reliable source. It looks more like a blog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration