U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The reason I think illegal status has a lot to do with it is that illegals very often associate with criminal gangs, first of all to be smuggled in, often they're running drugs also for those criminal gangs when they cross the border, and they associate with the criminal gangs to get their fake and stolen documents in order to work illegally in the USA. The criminal gangs control the border, they control the smuggling routes and the stolen documents business.
I agree with your assesment. There are many reasons why people join gangs...here, in Mexico, in El Salvador, in India, China or where ever else. The reason why these gang busts have to do with illegal immigration is because ICE executed the busts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I do realize that this is only 83 busts. It's still a very very low number to make grandious accusations.

If they are violent offenders, they should be punished accordingly. Let me remind you that the percentage of illegal immigrants in prison is still low compared to citizens.

I looked at the link you provided but it does not seem like a reliable source. It looks more like a blog.
When there is only one bust where 3/4 of the arrested were illegal aliens, I would say the numbers speak for themselves.

As for our prison population there is an estimated 12-20 million illegals in this country vs 280-290 million legals/citizens. Percentage wise it would make sense that their are more legals/citizens in prison than illegals. So what is your point?

Old 01-29-2010, 11:03 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,444,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And rightfully, they should be deported or sent to jail. We don't need gang bangers in our streets causing more problems. The ms13 is a very dangerous gang. However, as I said before the majority of illegal immigrants are here to work.
Lets give them worker permits and let them work.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:41 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Lets give them worker permits and let them work.
I hope you were being sarcastic.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:46 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Why do people still trot out this "12 million" BS? That's the same figure pro-illegals have been using for the last 4 years AT THE VERY LEAST. Please - who in their right minds believes that number hasn't changed over the course of all these years???

Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Why do people still trot out this "12 million" BS? That's the same figure pro-illegals have been using for the last 4 years AT THE VERY LEAST. Please - who in their right minds believes that number hasn't changed over the course of all these years???
Actually: the number of illegals in the USA has dropped since 2007-------Mexico is cryin' the blues about having to care for well over 1 million people who have self deported from here.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:04 PM

13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually: the number of illegals in the USA has dropped since 2007-------Mexico is cryin' the blues about having to care for well over 1 million people who have self deported from here.
With a porous border, migration works in both directions. 1 million may very well have returned home but who knows how many new thieves snuck in during the night during the same time frame? I never bought the 12 million figure anyways - I believe it to be grossly underestimated. Then again, I live in the LA area, so my perception is tainted with what I see around me every day.

Maybe if CA could ship all its illegals to DC, we could finally get the feds to do something about subsidizing the murder of the goose that laid the golden eggs.

I doubt any city in the country has more illegals in gangs as we do in LA.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:20 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
With a porous border, migration works in both directions. 1 million may very well have returned home but who knows how many new thieves snuck in during the night during the same time frame? I never bought the 12 million figure anyways - I believe it to be grossly underestimated. Then again, I live in the LA area, so my perception is tainted with what I see around me every day.

Maybe if CA could ship all its illegals to DC, we could finally get the feds to do something about subsidizing the murder of the goose that laid the golden eggs.

I'd have to agree with you there, even Catalina Island now has a gang issue. Reportedly the children of Illegal Alien workers for the Hotels. What a surprise for the tourists.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:23 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:

Unless you folks in Calif received many of 'our' illegal aliens---------they have dropped about 40% in numbers here in Arizona. Judging by the scads of vacant housing units/storefronts in 'Hispanic' (most Latinos source from either mexico or Central America) areas.........I believe it.

Note too that LE is comning down harder and harder on illegals as well attempting to cross north.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:35 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless you folks in Calif received many of 'our' illegal aliens---------they have dropped about 40% in numbers here in Arizona. Judging by the scads of vacant housing units/storefronts in 'Hispanic' (most Latinos source from either mexico or Central America) areas.........I believe it.

Note too that LE is comning down harder and harder on illegals as well attempting to cross north.
CA is still coddling the illegal population here. I think the economy is putting the squeeze on them more than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration