U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:59 PM

706 posts, read 797,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The anger is ramping up............trust me

One thing that especially non American Latinos do not comprehend is that it takes a lot to enrage us Americans; but, once pissed off---------we go 'psychotic'. And I am not just referring to open warfare either.
I think that this is is showing up in the response of "We The People" in regards to the current revolt against the sellouts in D.C....

"For the times, they are a'changin"......

The people are pissed.....finally....

yeppers!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 07:11 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,243,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The anger is ramping up............trust me

One thing that especially non American Latinos do not comprehend is that it takes a lot to enrage us Americans; but,
Quote:
once pissed off---------we go 'psychotic'.
And I am not just referring to open warfare either.
I wish you hadn't given out our secret...but maybe it's best they know in advance.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,142,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
I think that this is is showing up in the response of "We The People" in regards to the current revolt against the sellouts in D.C....

"For the times, they are a'changin"......

The people are pissed.....finally....

yeppers!!!!!!!!!
I'm finding the average "a"-political American is not even aware of the magnitude of the problem with illegal aliens. I've heard them say, (personal friends) that America is great so why not let them come?

I send them some information, all documented accepted neutral links for them to make a more informed decision and every one of them have changed their stance. It saddens me that because of the disregard of our laws, the attitude of entitlement,brazen cavalier approach of this latest mass infiltration and abuse of our generous social services system, it has made the average compassionate nature of this country to have to become such hardcores against people. We love "loving" and now we have to retract this because of their greed and gross negligence against our country. With that said, all is true regarding our voice. We are ticked and hell hath no fury like an American scorned.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:18 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,419,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You can’t seriously believe there are only 366 illegal alien gang members in this country. I would venture to say, there are more than that in LA alone; and that a high percentage of the 151 “U.S. citizens” arrested are actually children of illegal aliens -- again, a byproduct of illegal immigration. In any case, there are many negatives to illegal immigration, and gang activity is simply one.

When any LE agency conducts raids on criminal enterprises, they rarely apprehend ALL members. Their objective is to catch as many “leaders” as possible. However, the percentage of illegal alien gangbangers compared to the total illegal alien population is totally irrelevant. Likewise, the vast majority of U.S. citizens are not involved in criminal activity, but that does not marginalize the crimes committed by the minority. It is still a problem.

You keep mentioning illegals being stereotyped as gang members, and that gangbangers are a minority of the illegal alien population. No one has accused ALL, or even the majority of illegals of being gang members, so there is no need to belabor the issue. However, it is a fact that an unknown percentage of illegal aliens are not here simply to work. Some are in fact violent criminals committing heinous crimes. To deny this, is disingenuous, to say the least.

The truth is, we have no idea how many illegal aliens are actually in this country. I wholeheartedly agree with DontH8Me. They have been throwing that “12 million” figure around for ages. For all we know, there might be 40 million illegals. Who knows for sure?
I never said there were only 366 illegals involved in gangs, in the US. Nor do I believe that ICE rarely arrests gang members illegally in the contry. My point was that if you target a specific group of people, you have a good visual of how big or small a problem presents. I remember when ICE began to do the gang raids last year. It took them this long to conclude with their project. In California (I believe this was last year as well), ICE conducted a three day raid on work sites. They arrested 1,200 people (IN 3 DAYS). Compare the two and you will see that 366 is a very low number for a project that took too long only to get 366.

If you dont believe that the number is 12 million as most studies show and believe that the number has exceeded the 12 million, then I'm sure you would agree that in comparison to the illegal immigrant that comes to work, gang members who are here illegally are almost non-existant.

Last edited by zacatecana; 02-07-2010 at 05:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration