Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

"And we should continue the work of fixing our broken immigration system - to secure our borders, enforce our laws, and ensure that everyone who plays by the rules can contribute to our economy and enrich our nations."

This doesn't sound like amnesty in the making to me. I don't think the pro-illegal crowd are going to be happy with this part of his speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 11:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"And we should continue the work of fixing our broken immigration system - to secure our borders, enforce our laws, and ensure that everyone who plays by the rules can contribute to our economy and enrich our nations."

This doesn't sound like amnesty in the making to me. I don't think the pro-illegal crowd are going to be happy with this part of his speech.
I wouldn't think so, nor should they be happy with the very weak applause it got. I don't think either side is going to stick their necks out for a lot of foreign citizens here breaking the laws and demanding they be given jobs and government benefits ahead of Americans.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 AM

11,240 posts, read 11,015,248 times
If these statements were anything more than lip service, his first course of action would be to remove the pathetically pro-illegal Napolitano out of her current cabinet position.

What a joke!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:55 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If these statements were anything more than lip service, his first course of action would be to remove the pathetically pro-illegal Napolitano out of her current cabinet position.

What a joke!
It looked like they were smiling and shaking hands. I don't think that is possible at the moment.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:00 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

What a joke!
i agree 100%.

actions speak louder than words, and america is waiting for action.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Did you see the reaction of the audience? Complete silence and not a word. I suppose that is why he quickly moved on?

No amnesty for a long, long time if ever I would wager. As far as some kind of "reform" in whatever context that would be, it's going to be very ugly.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
I was just glad to see Obama stress border security, enforcement of our immigration laws and playing by the rules. Mind you I still don't trust him on this issue but at least he didn't hispander to the pro-amnesty crowd.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-28-2010 at 07:25 AM..

Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,478 times
Quote:
I was just glad to see Obama stress border security, enforcement of our immigration laws and playing by the rules. Mind you I still don't trust him on this issue but at least he didn't hispander to the pro-amnesty crowd.
You are aware that Maobama is a desciple of Saul Alinsky, a communist, marxist community organizer who wrote Rules for Radicals, the blueprint for the post modern left for revolution under the banner of social change. Alinsky's motto was, "The most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired results." For several year Maobama himself taught workshops on the Alinsky method. If one is familiar with Alinsky's methods one can see that Maobama's soaring lying speechs just mouth what Americans want to hear after which Maobama promptly does just the radically opposite of what he has said. So, in other words, to coin a phrase, if Maobama's lips are moving, he's lying. Wake up sheeple.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, and his speech was focused on the problems of American citizens, not the citizens of other nations. That's a start. We need politicians to understand they're supposed to be working for the American people.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
You are aware that Maobama is a desciple of Saul Alinsky, a communist, marxist community organizer who wrote Rules for Radicals, the blueprint for the post modern left for revolution under the banner of social change. Alinsky's motto was, "The most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired results." For several year Maobama himself taught workshops on the Alinsky method. If one is familiar with Alinsky's methods one can see that Maobama's soaring lying speechs just mouth what Americans want to hear after which Maobama promptly does just the radically opposite of what he has said. So, in other words, to coin a phrase, if Maobama's lips are moving, he's lying. Wake up sheeple.
Time will tell - but there was no-one more pro-open borders than GW Bush or McCain except possibly Pelosi and Kennedy. Bush made no attempt to enforce existing laws when it came to foreign groups living here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration