Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:09 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by douknownam View Post
Does anyone know if there has always been a response to the president's state of the union speeches in the past?
Yes, it is typical for the opposing party to comment afterward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:54 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Where i work everyone starts out on a probationary status. In that period of 6 months mistakes that might get anyone else a stern talking to results in new hire termination. Why? Because it is felt that at no point in your career should you be more driven, more compelled to follow the rules than when you are first hired.
As applied to immigrants. (Legal) I believe that the same should apply.
A DUI or multiple speeding tickets, shop lifting etc should result in loss of your VISA.
Illegals? Well in light of the fact that they couldn't be bothered obeying our immigration laws, they should forfiet any right to even apply for a VISA. Add to this the many other crimes they commit just to exist here? No way do they rate a second thought. They deserve no consideration what so ever.
Just enforce the current laws - as it stands any felony conviction may result in a LEGAL migrant losing their GC and being deported.

Illegal's felonies? Slap on the wrist I gather.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
I'd like to know what percentage of previuously amnestied illegal aliens are now in prison, or have been convicted of a felony since being amnestied.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Just enforce the current laws - as it stands any felony conviction may result in a LEGAL migrant losing their GC and being deported.

Illegal's felonies? Slap on the wrist I gather.
Well I don't know.
To hear the pro-illegal crowd side of it? The crimes illegals commit are no big deal. A little ID theft. No big deal. A little tax fraud? No big deal. A little tax evasion? No big deal. Driving without a license? No big deal. No Insurance? No big deal.
After all its our fault they commit these crimes anyway.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Well I don't know.
To hear the pro-illegal crowd side of it? The crimes illegals commit are no big deal. A little ID theft. No big deal. A little tax fraud? No big deal. A little tax evasion? No big deal. Driving without a license? No big deal. No Insurance? No big deal.
But they are only try to feed their families. Boo hoo. Pass me the kleenex.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:54 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Quote:
Well I don't know.
"the only reason they try to enforce these laws on us is because they are haters and are racist"

Old 01-29-2010, 03:02 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What about felony crimes like felony document fraud, identification theft and the fraudulent use of stolen social security numbers, forgery and all that?

Yes simply crossing into the USA illegally is a misdemeanor, but the crimes begin to escalate when stolen documents are used.

I can see having different punishment -- those who simply crossed the border illegally, grabbed a rake or shovel and work for a little cash are one level, but those who have dealt with organized crime rings supplying them the stolen documents or otherwise obtain them are committing felony crimes and must be deported and barred from reentry.
I agree with you malamute. There should be different punishments for each crime. In my opinion, we should not legalize anyone who uses or stole a social security number that was official and had an owner.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:18 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
I seriously doubt there are many Illegals that haven't stacked offenses that are living here. They aren't paying taxes or are driving without a license, something.

How many people do you think live here, some how have a paying job that pays taxes, legally. They don't drive, they don't sneak some type of social services with a false document or number? I mean really, even if they are selling tamales out of a cart they don't have a business license to do it.

The laundry list of crimes for the average Illegal Alien is pretty long.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:30 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I agree with you malamute. There should be different punishments for each crime. In my opinion, we should not legalize anyone who uses or stole a social security number that was official and had an owner.
Apparently the new pro illegal apologizer/sympathiser/aider/abetter progaganda is that trying to legalize some of the less criminal border jumper illegal alien elements is better than legalizing none of the illegal alien border jumpers? But the different punishments for each crime is a good idea. For example, for rapists and murderering criminal aliens, long incarcerations prior to swift deportation. For felony committing illegal aliens somewhat shorter incarcerations prior to swift deportation. For the rest of the illegal alien border jumper elements merely a trip to the tent city and then awaiting swift deportation. At the same time, states passing even tougher laws against illegal aliens/tougher laws on the criminal employers of illegal aliens along with actual enforcement of existing immigration laws forces self deportation on uninvited and unwanted illegals.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:57 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
The pro illegals never speak of the FEDERAL CRIME any male alien here commits when he does not register with our selective service system. The selective service system REQUIRES THAT ALL males 18 to 26 register and it applies to aliens also. I get this information directly from the selective service. A federal crime should mean automatic deportation along with their families. I am waiting for some pro illegal to address this concern if they think they can.......LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration