U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

How many heard Obama when he said:

"If you abide by the law, You should be protected by it."

I wish he'd gone further into detail on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:38 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
I also wish he had elaborated on it but I understand it was not the right time. To me it sounds like he is not counting misdemeanors but we shall wait until the debate begins.

What I am hoping for is that those jobs that are being created are protected and only considered for Americans and legal residents.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Where i work everyone starts out on a probationary status. In that period of 6 months mistakes that might get anyone else a stern talking to results in new hire termination. Why? Because it is felt that at no point in your career should you be more driven, more compelled to follow the rules than when you are first hired.
As applied to immigrants. (Legal) I believe that the same should apply.
A DUI or multiple speeding tickets, shop lifting etc should result in loss of your VISA.
Illegals? Well in light of the fact that they couldn't be bothered obeying our immigration laws, they should forfiet any right to even apply for a VISA. Add to this the many other crimes they commit just to exist here? No way do they rate a second thought. They deserve no consideration what so ever.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Well, there goes 1/10 of our population and 100% of the Illegal Alien population.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I also wish he had elaborated on it but I understand it was not the right time. To me it sounds like he is not counting misdemeanors but we shall wait until the debate begins.

What I am hoping for is that those jobs that are being created are protected and only considered for Americans and legal residents.
What about felony crimes like felony document fraud, identification theft and the fraudulent use of stolen social security numbers, forgery and all that?

Yes simply crossing into the USA illegally is a misdemeanor, but the crimes begin to escalate when stolen documents are used.

I can see having different punishment -- those who simply crossed the border illegally, grabbed a rake or shovel and work for a little cash are one level, but those who have dealt with organized crime rings supplying them the stolen documents or otherwise obtain them are committing felony crimes and must be deported and barred from reentry.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

Since Maobama is a desciple of Saul Alinsky, who wrote Rules for Radicals, and even taught workshops on Alinsky's methods, one must take what Maobama says with a grain of salt. A desciple of Alinsky like Maobama must be using Alinsky's motto, "the most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired results." Maobama always gives a moderate speech or centrist speech and then always does the opposite, i.e. veer left. Since everything about Maobama is political, he's not about to tell the American sheeple that he's going to push for an extremely unpopular amnesty for illegal alien future democratic voters. In my opinion, though, he's telling members of La Racist and the Latino conference, as we speak, to just hang on until the political climate is a little better for an amnesty. And his statement should be interpreted as, 'All you illegal alien future democratic voters if amnestied, if after you illegally broke in, you haven't killed or raped anyone, we're going to put you on a pathway to become an amnestied illegal alien future democratic voter.

Last edited by Roguer; 01-28-2010 at 09:52 AM..

Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 AM

44,924 posts, read 27,028,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Since Maobama is a desciple of Saul Alinsky, who wrote rules for radicals, and even taught workshops on Alinsky's methods, one must take what Maobama says with a grain of salt. A desciple of Alinsky like Maobama must be using Alinsky's motto, "the most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired results." Maobama always gives a moderate speech or centrist speech and then always does the opposite, i.e. veer left. Since everything about Maobama is political, he's not about to tell the American sheeple that he's going to push for an extremely unpopular amnesty for illegal alien future democratic voters. In my opinion, though, he's telling members of La Racist and the Latino conference, as we speak, to just hang on until the political climate is a little better for an amnesty. And his statement should be interpreted as, 'All you illegal alien future democratic voters if amnestied, if after you illegally broke in, you haven't killed or raped anyone, we're going to put you on a pathway to become an amnestied illegal alien future democratic voter.
This sounds so much like Bush lite. Remember Bush pushed very hard for amnesty in the spring of 2006. Even worse, we could have elected Juan McCain in 2008 and got the same kind of talk from him and I don't think he has ever studied Alinsky.

I am sure there is a reason for McCain being a supporter of amnesty but it doesn't have anything to do with getting re-elected in Arizona. I am on McCain here because he wrote the bill that Bush pushed along with Teddy Kennedy. As I recall there were 44 Dems in the Senate back then and every one of them voted for that amnesty bill but there were also 33 Republicans that played the same game. Back then the House refused to even discuss the bill and it died but we all know what happens if it comes up today. Get ready for that expansion of Democrat voters provided by the Congress and their President.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 AM

621 posts, read 1,900,600 times
Does anyone know if there has always been a response to the president's state of the union speeches in the past?

Old 01-28-2010, 10:39 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This sounds so much like Bush lite. Remember Bush pushed very hard for amnesty in the spring of 2006. Even worse, we could have elected Juan McCain in 2008 and got the same kind of talk from him and I don't think he has ever studied Alinsky.

I am sure there is a reason for McCain being a supporter of amnesty but it doesn't have anything to do with getting re-elected in Arizona. I am on McCain here because he wrote the bill that Bush pushed along with Teddy Kennedy. As I recall there were 44 Dems in the Senate back then and every one of them voted for that amnesty bill but there were also 33 Republicans that played the same game. Back then the House refused to even discuss the bill and it died but we all know what happens if it comes up today. Get ready for that expansion of Democrat voters provided by the Congress and their President.
Bush, McCain and Lindsey Graham represent the illegal alien chamber of commerce type republicans. Also, McCain and Graham want to get a piece, however small, of the hispanic vote. McCain represents corporate America which allows McCain to dangle amnesty at illegal aliens for a few votes knowing that corporate America would never actually allow amnesty to happen.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:58 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Unlikely to happen in this vicious recession. If anything; precedent has already been set by Operation Wet back* 56 years ago concerning the deportation of illegal aliens.

*technically an ethnic slur against (usually Spanish speaking Mestizo) illegal aliens but, that was the official name of the deportation program in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration