U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times

Advertisements

Illegal is illegal. The children are benefiting from their parents ill begotten gains. So no they should not be rewarded for what their parents have done.
What if a parent robs convenient stores to put money away for their childs college tuition. Its only a couple hundred dollars a month. But all of it gained through illegal means. Should the student get to keep the money? Should the student be able to use this money?
Illegals lie defraud and cheat their way through life. No they should receive no reward for their misdeeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 04:13 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless said individuals have a visa to be here in the USA they need to be in a jail cell (or detention camp) prior to their expulsion instead of an American classroom.
All then proposed law does is deny "illegal" in state tuition rates, they will still be allowed to attend at the out of state or international student rate...

Old 01-29-2010, 04:19 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
All then proposed law does is deny "illegal" in state tuition rates, they will still be allowed to attend at the out of state or international student rate...
Thats a step in the right direction. I'll accept any baby steps as long as they are in the right direction.
Next step is round up these illegal students and allow them to avail themselves of an education in the country they actually do have a right to be in.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:26 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless said individuals have a visa to be here in the USA they need to be in a jail cell (or detention camp) prior to their expulsion instead of an American classroom.
Ditto!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Illegal is illegal. The children are benefiting from their parents ill begotten gains. So no they should not be rewarded for what their parents have done.
What if a parent robs convenient stores to put money away for their childs college tuition. Its only a couple hundred dollars a month. But all of it gained through illegal means. Should the student get to keep the money? Should the student be able to use this money?
Illegals lie defraud and cheat their way through life. No they should receive no reward for their misdeeds.

You have brought up some very good points. I can see what you mean by the children benefiting from their parents, leaning to, why should they be rewarded for what their parents have done, makes sense. I see what you mean about the money being gained through illegal means, and that the money is from lie's and defraud and yes some cheating their way through life here. Some will say if they had children born in this Country it changes things.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Totally disagree if they were brought here as kids and grew up as American as you and yours. Sorry but there has to be common sense involved which, for some people, get's lost in their fear and hatred. I want to do something drastic about the illegal immigrants too but rounding up my kids friends (hypothetically...they are college age) and putting them in jail isn't going to fly. Especially if they are more intelligent and academically driven than my kids.
Then said DREAMies need to become legal; if it means returning to their home countries; applying for a green card, etc, so be it.............we owe them nothing. They are not Americans AKA US citizens.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,026,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I just had this talk with my son the other night. He is all for deporting all the illegals, yet he thought we should be kinder to those brought here as young children. It took me over an hour to get him to understand what he was asking for.
I used the bank robber analogy. I asked him if after 27 years of living a "lifestyle of the rich and famous" I was arrested and lost everything we owned, would that be fair to him. Arrested because I robbed a bank when he was a baby (I was just looking for a better life for us) and we've been living off my investments with that stolen money. (None of which is true.) His whole life would've been a lie. Now he would be motherless and penniless through no fault of his own.
He agreed he had no right to anything bought with stolen money.
Then he agreed that illegals should NOT be rewarded just because they had the misfortune to have parents that entered the country illegally. Illegal children who grow up become illegal adults - who should know that illegal means illegal.
If these illegal's of college age want a college education then they should pay full out of state tuition or go home. No free rides, no lowered fees.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:19 AM

10,005 posts, read 8,718,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Totally disagree if they were brought here as kids and grew up as American as you and yours. Sorry but there has to be common sense involved which, for some people, get's lost in their fear and hatred. I want to do something drastic about the illegal immigrants too but rounding up my kids friends (hypothetically...they are college age) and putting them in jail isn't going to fly. Especially if they are more intelligent and academically driven than my kids.
So if an academically driven friend of your kids gets brought up on charges of breaking and entering, they should not go to jail, because even though they committed a crime going to jail isn't going to fly?

As I have said numerous other times, the law is the law, and it sets a really bad, arguably classist precedent to punish the illegal working in the car wash, but not punish the illegal attending college when they have committed the exact same crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or