U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 07:20 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,138,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"We're living in serious, perilous times, as said by the president in his State of the Union address, where Latinos were essentially excluded from that address," Lopez said.

Latinos were excluded from Obama's State of the Union address? I don't recall him excluding anyone. In his speech wasn't he talking about issues affecting all Americans? Were Latinos supposed to get special mention or they would feel "excluded"? What pompus arrogance!
That confused me as well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Latino Congreso speaker sends 'showdown' warning to Democrats - El Paso Times

Now they're threatening the democrat party over illegal immigration, the fact that Obama didn't cater to the issues of foreign citizens living here illegally.

So what exactly do they propose to do? Vote for Republicans or something? They didn't get their big blanket amnesty under Bush either. Or do they bring in the PRI party to represent them?
Wow! This has to be a wake up call for all hispandering left wing progressive amnesty democratic politicians. Can't let up on hispandering for a second on the tribally ethnocentric hispanics, can you? This is a match made in Hell. Tribally ethnocentric hispanics whose loyalty goes to the bidder that kisses their azzes the most and left wing progressive amnesty democratic politicians who care about hispanics only as voters for their reelection.

Last edited by Roguer; 01-30-2010 at 07:39 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 08:17 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
They don't rememer that last immagration bill thatw as brought up to a vote in a democratic congress/ Failed by a wide margin. Now they no longer have a foolproof majority and the president is listenig pop-ularism. Anti-immagration is a example fo popularism at its best.Altho I don't beleive in allow people to break the law then be rewarded ;i don't think that illegals are atken the jobs that caused thios level of unemployemnt eitehr. But that is the popualr conception of many and it rules now with those that beleive as I do. No way it will egt passed now. Rememebr that the last time they had the majroity of the democrats in conmgress and presidet bush in favor of the bill. It does get better than that but the people ruose up strongly and were heard.The populaist view on imagration change is what that was;loud and clear.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:57 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As I have opined on several times already: ever since those idiotic illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches of May 2006: it has been an almost unlimited series of defeats/PR blunders for the illegal alien apologists.

Keep it up; fools. keep it up.
That was a great idea on their part.They should march every weekend waving foreign flags,better yet hold protests and riot that would really help their cause.A couple of years back when they encouraged their brethren to stay home from work in the S. California area was the best.Less traffic on the freeways and they lost money while accomplishing nothing.With leadership this bright it could only get better.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,026,086 times
Quote:
"We're living in serious, perilous times, as said by the president in his State of the Union address, where Latinos were essentially excluded from that address," Lopez said.

Latinos were excluded from Obama's State of the Union address? I don't recall him excluding anyone. In his speech wasn't he talking about issues affecting all Americans? Were Latinos supposed to get special mention or they would feel "excluded"? What pompus arrogance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
That confused me as well....
Of course the President did not exclude Americans.

The way I read the article said this: Latinos = Illegals

Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,058 times
Whoever is plotting the strategy for illegal aliens is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Let's see-We'll march in the streets carrying foreign flags. Maybe that will win over American citizens.

Oops! Well, that didn't work, so let's threaten the Democrats, and all vote Republican to guarantee there'll be no chance for immigration reform, then if that doesn't work, we'll boycott the census, and make sure we're under-represented.

Sounds like a winning plan to me.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Whoever is plotting the strategy for illegal aliens is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Let's see-We'll march in the streets carrying foreign flags. Maybe that will win over American citizens.

Oops! Well, that didn't work, so let's threaten the Democrats, and all vote Republican to guarantee there'll be no chance for immigration reform, then if that doesn't work, we'll boycott the census, and make sure we're under-represented.

Sounds like a winning plan to me.
And if those things don't work claim that Obama's speech excluded Latinos even though he used the word "Americans".

Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:

I suppose someone pulled the plugs on their televisions, told them they were not to watch the speech.

They're angry because Obama mentioned the words "Americans" and "citizens" far too many times and only briefly mentioned anything pertaining to the foreigners living here illegally.

Very arrogant of them. Obama also didn't talk at all about the people of Ireland, Scotland, Thailand, Kenya, and other places. Why on earth would they expect him to talk about the people of Latin American nations?

Old 01-31-2010, 01:47 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Another "showdown" will result in another loss for them....even if they were to vote John McCain
McCain could never win the presidency, in fact he needs to be taken out of the Senate.

As pro-open borders and pro-unlimited illegal immigration and amnesty for all that McCain was, the Mexicans and other illegals did not vote for him. Obama really was not as pro-illegals as McCain. At one point Obama even said that those who want USA citizenship should have a chance but they should go to the back of the line and *gasp* learn English. The illegals were really not paying attention I think when they voted for Obama. They assumed that Pelosi and Kennedy would be running the whole show.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:55 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
but they should go to the back of the line and *gasp* learn English. The illegals were really not paying attention I think when they voted for Obama. They assumed that Pelosi and Kennedy would be running the whole show.
Yes...it's pretty hard for illegals to vote with any degree of an informed outlook, since they really aren't supposed to be voting at all.

As far as Obama's position on language? I'll admit that one went over my head. The man scolded all Americans that they "should" learn Spanish...(presumably, because it would prove to be 'neccessary')....but then he went on to say, "don't worry about the immigrants; they'll learn English". One is left to wonder, if Americans all DID learn Spanish, who would they use it on? Not on the immigrants, surely...because by then, they'll have all learned English.

He didn't mention Mandarin, Tagalog, or Finnish....I guess those languages are irrelevant. In the end, of course, Obama is a politician....so no further comment is neccessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration