U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,397,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I suppose someone pulled the plugs on their televisions, told them they were not to watch the speech.

They're angry because Obama mentioned the words "Americans" and "citizens" far too many times and only briefly mentioned anything pertaining to the foreigners living here illegally.

Very arrogant of them. Obama also didn't talk at all about the people of Ireland, Scotland, Thailand, Kenya, and other places. Why on earth would they expect him to talk about the people of Latin American nations?
Aaaah. Welllllll. Maybe because said tribally ethnocentric hispanics have been conditioned to being constantly and blatantly hispandered to by left wing amnesty progressive democratic politicians promising their illegal alien future democratic voters amnesty in return for their votes. Didn't the community organizer in chief promise them amnesty if they'd just hold on? You have to admit that tribally ethnocentric hispanics, after being used to constant and blatant hispandering by left wing amnesty progressive democrats, after noticeably NOT being blatantly hispandered to by the community organizer in chief in an important speech would have great cause for alarm and cardiac arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 06:01 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
That was a great idea on their part.They should march every weekend waving foreign flags,better yet hold protests and riot that would really help their cause.A couple of years back when they encouraged their brethren to stay home from work in the S. California area was the best.Less traffic on the freeways and they lost money while accomplishing nothing.With leadership this bright it could only get better.

Oh yes, the infamous "Day without a Mexican" day was complete bliss on the freeways. It should be declared a national holiday in the States. Too bad they didn't run with their own pc argument that they don't like being called illegal or alien, etc. cause they went and named their own stupid cause.

I love it. I expected "Day without an undocomented worker" but it'll work.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Whoever is plotting the strategy for illegal aliens is about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Let's see-We'll march in the streets carrying foreign flags. Maybe that will win over American citizens.

Oops! Well, that didn't work, so let's threaten the Democrats, and all vote Republican to guarantee there'll be no chance for immigration reform, then if that doesn't work, we'll boycott the census, and make sure we're under-represented.

Sounds like a winning plan to me.
Yet, they never learn.

Quote:
Or we all get together march to Capital Hill five hundred thousand strong and stand up for our rights.
Quote:
What we need to do is show them we aren't scared anymore and that we need the governments help.
Quote:
Yes, we have the right to be here. Yes, the government should acknowledge that this year and fix the issues.
Quote:
And you know what quite frankly I think its ridiculous that in a modern era we have to be fighting for rights. Isn't this supposed to be the freedom country everyone praises so much. Where the **** is the freedom.
Obama State of the Union Topics Mentioned - Page 6 - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Quote:
I think all 12 million illegal immigrants in this country should start a campaign of "We are not hiding any more". Millions are in mixed-status families; with citizen spouses, parents, siblings, etc. Imagine the spectacle of trying to incarcerate millions of people. We were duped.
Quote:
So let me tell you, I honestly don't think we'll achieve anything towards immigration reform as long as we keep our "peaceful, passive attempts"!
In speech, Obama will push immigration reform -- but how hard? - Page 3 - DREAM Act Portal Forum

Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
My God: talk about a bunch of delusional losers; most DREAMies. If they were Americans; such talk could land 'em in St Elizabeth's Hospital in Wash DC.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:15 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
<<They should march every weekend waving foreign flags>>

Another thing I particularly liked was the signs reading "This is ARE country." Yep, they said ARE, not our. It sort of detracted from the message.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM

<<And you know what quite frankly I think its ridiculous that in a modern era we have to be fighting for rights. Isn't this supposed to be the freedom country everyone praises so much. Where the **** is the freedom. >>

Someone should point out to them that freedom belongs to those who follow the law.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:45 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<And you know what quite frankly I think its ridiculous that in a modern era we have to be fighting for rights. Isn't this supposed to be the freedom country everyone praises so much. Where the **** is the freedom. >>

Someone should point out to them that freedom belongs to those who follow the law.
Sadly, they have been indoctrinated to believe they should be rewarded for simply being here. What really gets me is their delusional belief that they are even more entitled than citizens of this country. They consider our laws a minor inconvenience. After all, their parents are their role models.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh yes, the infamous "Day without a Mexican" day was complete bliss on the freeways. It should be declared a national holiday in the States. Too bad they didn't run with their own pc argument that they don't like being called illegal or alien, etc. cause they went and named their own stupid cause.

I love it. I expected "Day without an undocomented worker" but it'll work.

I like your answer, it is humorus. I bet the freeways, were a bit soft. I like your statement Day without a Mexican day. It should be declared a national holiday, now that is funny.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM

<<After all, their parents are their role models.>>

Yes, and the number one message they're sending is that breaking the law will be tolerated.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Yes...it's pretty hard for illegals to vote with any degree of an informed outlook, since they really aren't supposed to be voting at all.

As far as Obama's position on language? I'll admit that one went over my head. The man scolded all Americans that they "should" learn Spanish...(presumably, because it would prove to be 'neccessary')....but then he went on to say, "don't worry about the immigrants; they'll learn English". One is left to wonder, if Americans all DID learn Spanish, who would they use it on? Not on the immigrants, surely...because by then, they'll have all learned English.

He didn't mention Mandarin, Tagalog, or Finnish....I guess those languages are irrelevant. In the end, of course, Obama is a politician....so no further comment is neccessary.

I am new to this forum and Thank you for saying they cant vote.. I was starting to get confussed.

I am a LEGAL immigrant from australia, married to an american soldier... and I know I am not allowed to vote......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration