U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 12:10 PM

6,321 posts, read 8,654,186 times

Advertisements

Where do independents stand on this issue? What reforms would appeal to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 01:56 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
I think almost everyone that wants immigration laws enforced are independents. It's the Bush and McCain, Pelosi and Kennedy big wigs of both mainstream parties that want unlimited cheap illegal labor for their beloved corporations and unlimited supplies of cheap servants imported for their fellow elites. Just like both mainstream parties have supported NAFTA, GATT and the export of American jobs, neither party is working for the people of the USA any longer.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:46 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,559 times
I'm not politically defined, meaning, (R) (D) (IND) or whatever. Does it really matter? In my opinion, just mine, people are sick to death of all the ruckus about rights for those who are sucking this nation dry, illegally. This is from the average tax paying citizen, no political label. I have friends from all sides. ALL are tired of those screaming about the rights of illegals and want it stopped. How we get there is the issue. But I will tell you this. Those behind the closed doors of Government hate all the hoopla. It embarrasses them as an American. How dare anyone place them in such a predicament because they hold misdirected compassion.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:00 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think almost everyone that wants immigration laws enforced are independents. It's the Bush and McCain, Pelosi and Kennedy big wigs of both mainstream parties that want unlimited cheap illegal labor for their beloved corporations and unlimited supplies of cheap servants imported for their fellow elites. Just like both mainstream parties have supported NAFTA, GATT and the export of American jobs, neither party is working for the people of the USA any longer.
Of course one must keep the agendas of the elites of each party separate from the views of mainstream Americans regardless of party affiliation.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 PM

307 posts, read 458,496 times
Passing by and will give my opinion as an independent.

1) Illegals need to leave this country and get in line behind the million plus legal immigrants we allow in each year who have followed our laws.

2) We need to enforce the laws and punish business's that fail to check on the legal status of ALL employees. The cost for this is relatively cheap and highly effective.

3) Same goes to those who shelter Illegals (Rent Apartments, Homes, etc)

4) Remove all public benefits from those here illegally.

Do those 3 things and as Arizona and Oklahoma prove the illegals become self deporting. Low cost solution.

5) At the same time reinforce our borders (Canada AND Mexico, as well as cargo ports.) to stop illegals as well as the flow of guns, drugs, and slaves. Use traditional means as well as new tech for this such as non military surveillance drones which can cover hundreds of square miles. I am only half joking when I say you could probably make money by doing a live web feed with prizes for "Spot the Drug Dealer."

As an individual I do and encourage others to...

6) Elect politicians willing to support, vote AND fund these actions.

7) Boycott establishments which are proven to use illegals or aid in their employment.

8) Support those who are here legally. Communicate to them and make sure that they can and should go to the police, hospitals, women abuse centers and any other services needed without fear. One of the problems is that immigrant communities tend to become insular because often times they come from backgrounds where the government is brutal, corrupt and oppressive on a scale most Americans have never seen and fail to comprehend. I have spoken to enough legal immigrants who are opposed to illegal immigration and as long as you make it clear that it is the illegal you oppose, NOT their ethnicity then you can gain support from those most able to spot and report illegal activity of ALL sorts.

9) Tell your friends and spread the word with PROOVEN "non scare tactic" information. If in doubt SNOPES.COM helps. Coming off as a radical kook does not help your cause.

10) Don't get bitter and over react. Something sadly I have seen on these forums.

Random

Old 01-31-2010, 07:56 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,139,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Passing by and will give my opinion as an independent.

1) Illegals need to leave this country and get in line behind the million plus legal immigrants we allow in each year who have followed our laws.

2) We need to enforce the laws and punish business's that fail to check on the legal status of ALL employees. The cost for this is relatively cheap and highly effective.

3) Same goes to those who shelter Illegals (Rent Apartments, Homes, etc)

4) Remove all public benefits from those here illegally.

Do those 3 things and as Arizona and Oklahoma prove the illegals become self deporting. Low cost solution.

5) At the same time reinforce our borders (Canada AND Mexico, as well as cargo ports.) to stop illegals as well as the flow of guns, drugs, and slaves. Use traditional means as well as new tech for this such as non military surveillance drones which can cover hundreds of square miles. I am only half joking when I say you could probably make money by doing a live web feed with prizes for "Spot the Drug Dealer."

As an individual I do and encourage others to...

6) Elect politicians willing to support, vote AND fund these actions.

7) Boycott establishments which are proven to use illegals or aid in their employment.

8) Support those who are here legally. Communicate to them and make sure that they can and should go to the police, hospitals, women abuse centers and any other services needed without fear. One of the problems is that immigrant communities tend to become insular because often times they come from backgrounds where the government is brutal, corrupt and oppressive on a scale most Americans have never seen and fail to comprehend. I have spoken to enough legal immigrants who are opposed to illegal immigration and as long as you make it clear that it is the illegal you oppose, NOT their ethnicity then you can gain support from those most able to spot and report illegal activity of ALL sorts.

9) Tell your friends and spread the word with PROOVEN "non scare tactic" information. If in doubt SNOPES.COM helps. Coming off as a radical kook does not help your cause.

10) Don't get bitter and over react. Something sadly I have seen on these forums.

Random
I like this, thank you. All looks good on paper though, seems the biggest argument is all those damned fine print "ex-in clusions".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or