U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of multiple immigrant families occupying a single household?
More Americans should do this! 2 6.90%
Live and let live 7 24.14%
One household should be occupied by one family! 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
the one lives in/near South Central LA.
Thank you ArizonaBear, this explains a lot believe me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I'd much rather live next to a "crowded" house (by your standards) than a house that is completely empty.
No you wouldn't - an empty house is a joy after living next door to a severely overcrowded one. It's nice not to have your driveway blocked for one thing.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:22 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
she was asking about that1guy. why do all of you insist on answering for eachother? you only end up being wrong.

who knows where that1guy lives. he can answer for himself.

she didnt ask about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
the one lives in/near South Central LA.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM

what exactly does that explain?

do tell. id love to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you ArizonaBear, this explains a lot believe me!

Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM

i have visited friends who moved out into the inland empire (i advised them against it.) they have abandoned house after abandoned house. over grown yards = fire hazards. empty homes = possible squatters village.

no i would rather a brady bunch (6 kids 2 parnets and a maid) over that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
No you wouldn't - an empty house is a joy after living next door to a severely overcrowded one. It's nice not to have your driveway blocked for one thing.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:30 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's an exaggeration. Plain and simple. We can move on now. You are wrong. Again, if you have NO direct proof or even correlative proof...you can't simply say things and imply it's fact.

Well, seeing how polls and surveys are anon. it's not too hard. Sample sizes usually are about a few hundred people (again depending on the paper). Again, not his paper, since he is more focused on labor issues...but papers he had to read for his classes.

Well, seeing how there are roughly 8-10 million illegal immigrants...the majority have lived here more than 5 years. The median income is above 40k a year...not to mention that a majority are renters. So it's a pretty safe bet. I'm not a gambling man, but I'd wager that it's def. not a significant amount of people living in such places.
I’m patient. I will continue to wait for your “evidence” to prove they do NOT live 15-20 per household. Again, I never claimed to have proof.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:45 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i have visited friends who moved out into the inland empire (i advised them against it.) they have abandoned house after abandoned house. over grown yards = fire hazards. empty homes = possible squatters village.

no i would rather a brady bunch (6 kids 2 parnets and a maid) over that.

Maybe that is the kind of People you know, The people i know can afford the homes they buy. The grass is green well manicured, nice professional people. No cars on the lawns, or any of the garbage. We also own a home in Laguna Nigel, Canyon Crest Hills, and just sold one in PALOS VERDES ESTATES, you you heard of them areas. In my area, we have no abandoned house, 2 foreclosures in the whole neighboorhood, not a lot by any standard. Where do you live. And we have no problem with squatters, stop making up lies, don't presume you know all areas, jsut because you have friends who live in the bad. We are smart, renting out our home in the very elite areas, just sold one in P.V. ESTATES, nice profit on that one. You probably don't even own a home. The areas your talking about give me zip codes please and addresses.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:54 PM

wow!!!! your reading comprehension skills are severely lacking. i was talking about the inland empire where my friends bought (and maintain) homes. those areas were the hardest hit by the housing slump. its not my friends that are abandoning homes, its the nieghbors[of ALL stripes].

please make more assumptioms about me. you make yourself sound real prejudiced.

in the end, "debating" with the likes of you is pointless. you ASSume toomuch about me. i dont have to justify my home ownership. thats so silly. thanks for the laugh.

you are dismissed.

you stay in your supposed "elite" area.

Quote:
Maybe that is the kind of People you know, The people i know can afford the homes they buy. The grass is green well manicured, nice professional people. No cars on the lawns, or any of the garbage. We also own a home in Laguna Nigel, Canyon Crest Hills, and just sold one in PALOS VERDES ESTATES, you you heard of them areas. In my area, we have no abandoned house, 2 foreclosures in the whole neighboorhood, not a lot by any standard. Where do you live. And we have no problem with squatters, stop making up lies, don't presume you know all areas, jsut because you have friends who live in the bad. We are smart, renting out our home in the very elite areas, just sold one in P.V. ESTATES, nice profit on that one. You probably don't even own a home. The areas your talking about give me zip codes please and addresses.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
she was asking about that1guy. why do all of you insist on answering for eachother? you only end up being wrong.

who knows where that1guy lives. he can answer for himself.

she didnt ask about me.
My bad

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,252,279 times
Quote:
It is people like you that make me never want to live in the "elite areas" of Southern California. If we ever do decide to go out there I'd make a strong effort to live in LA proper or a place like Long Beach or Compton, just so I can stay as far away from you people as possible...no offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or