U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of multiple immigrant families occupying a single household?
More Americans should do this! 2 6.90%
Live and let live 7 24.14%
One household should be occupied by one family! 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Where do you live in L.A.!
Sunnymead Ranch area (aka older suburban hell...aka precursor to Rancho Belago). I went to school in Santa Barbara and grew up in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
No you wouldn't - an empty house is a joy after living next door to a severely overcrowded one. It's nice not to have your driveway blocked for one thing.
Not when the grass turns brown, racoons and other animals enter, and not to mention vandalism that happens (broken windows, people hanging out...I did that when I was younger, it's ppretty normal in good neighborhoods even).

Old 02-04-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m patient. I will continue to wait for your “evidence” to prove they do NOT live 15-20 per household. Again, I never claimed to have proof.
I told you all you need to know. Of course you insist on claiming this most ridiculous statement. Continue to do so. It kind of reinforces my point concerning how ingorance leads to a stubborn, loud minority.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
I have honestly never known anyone to live 15 to a house...legal or illegal.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:16 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I have honestly never known anyone to live 15 to a house...legal or illegal.
Really?You must not live in Southern California.When I took over as an apartment manager years back I had 8-9 people living in a single studio apartment and had a few single units with 5 and 6 people in it all originally from south of the border so considering that 15 to a house is plausible and myself and others have seen it.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Really?You must not live in Southern California.When I took over as an apartment manager years back I had 8-9 people living in a single studio apartment and had a few single units with 5 and 6 people in it all originally from south of the border so considering that 15 to a house is plausible and myself and others have seen it.
I can only go by what the illegal maid told me....15-16 in one house. She was complaining that although she got many things free, medical and education, her wages were only 7 per hour at the hotel but also worked at McDonalds illegally in Deer Park Mall Humble Texas. She was also a housekeeper for a woman for 20 bucks an hour, 5 hours, twice per week, under the table of course. Her complaint was that she did not make enough money although she paid no insurance for her car, only paid 250 per month rent. Does not have a drivers license nor has any renewal fees or registration for her car. Her visa expired and she saw no reason to return home where her two daughters live with their grandmother. She showed me her 42" screen TV she had just purchased and is confused why she cannot just be a citizen. She really thinks all Americans are just living free off of someone else or are all "rich". She disgusts me.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:57 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Just google "clown houses." You'd be surprise how many hits you'll get on stories of illegal aliens living 15 to house....there was one story of 57 illegal immigrants in one house.

People want to close their eyes to reality, fine.

However, just remember. Google is your friend.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
I live in SoCal, and haven't heard of 15 per house. If it does occur (which is entirely possible) it sure is not the norm.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Just google "clown houses." You'd be surprise how many hits you'll get on stories of illegal aliens living 15 to house....there was one story of 57 illegal immigrants in one house.

People want to close their eyes to reality, fine.

However, just remember. Google is your friend.
Is that the norm though? It most likely is not, thus less telling of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or