U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of multiple immigrant families occupying a single household?
More Americans should do this! 2 6.90%
Live and let live 7 24.14%
One household should be occupied by one family! 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 03:57 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I am a proponent of multi generational living so in a way I do support this. I know my own parents, who grew up during the depression, often shared housing with other families to make ends meet. While that was done out of necessity I grew up with a one grandparent or another living with us..3 generations under one roof..and see that more often than large groups of unrelated people.

There must be limits on how many bodies/vehicles/etc. can occupy a specific space though, because too much or too many can effect others.
What you just opined on I do agree with---------which is still a far cry from 2-3 families even with 2 kids each living in an 850 square foot 2 bedroom apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Can you please cite one Hospital in your area that has "Gone Bankrupt"?

"77 border state hospitals declare bankruptcy due to illegal immigration"

Commentary by Frosty Wooldridge
September 17, 2004
The Washington Dispatch
Topics: Disease, Health Care, Gangs, Terrorists, Congress, Senate, President, Laws, Americans, Immigrants

CNN's Lou Dobbs speaks about this national crisis weekly. O'Reilly dabbles in it with reluctant flippancy. FOX NEWS ignores it. The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times and Miami Herald support it. La Raza, a national Hispanic pro-illegal alien and open-borders organization, licks its lips at the speed of this invasion. But, finally, TIME MAGAZINE exposed it with sobering pictures and interviews.

Illegal aliens bring Americans Third World Momentum. That includes crime, drugs and diseases. Sooner or later, every American community and millions of Americans will be affected as we allow three million illegal aliens breaching our borders annually without regard to their health, criminal background or drug expansion endeavors.

In TIME'S "WHO LEFT THE DOOR OPEN?" September 12, 2004, journalists Barlett and Steele exposed the ugly side of this invasion.

ALIPAC - 77 border state hospitals declare bankruptcy due to illegal immigration

Old 02-12-2010, 01:07 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,087,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
"77 border state hospitals declare bankruptcy due to illegal immigration"

Commentary by Frosty Wooldridge
September 17, 2004
The Washington Dispatch
Topics: Disease, Health Care, Gangs, Terrorists, Congress, Senate, President, Laws, Americans, Immigrants

CNN's Lou Dobbs speaks about this national crisis weekly. O'Reilly dabbles in it with reluctant flippancy. FOX NEWS ignores it. The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times and Miami Herald support it. La Raza, a national Hispanic pro-illegal alien and open-borders organization, licks its lips at the speed of this invasion. But, finally, TIME MAGAZINE exposed it with sobering pictures and interviews.

Illegal aliens bring Americans Third World Momentum. That includes crime, drugs and diseases. Sooner or later, every American community and millions of Americans will be affected as we allow three million illegal aliens breaching our borders annually without regard to their health, criminal background or drug expansion endeavors.

In TIME'S "WHO LEFT THE DOOR OPEN?" September 12, 2004, journalists Barlett and Steele exposed the ugly side of this invasion.

ALIPAC - 77 border state hospitals declare bankruptcy due to illegal immigration

OK , Im sorry I read the article but could not find a Hospital cited. Could you please point out where in the article the hospitals that closed down.

If you could list one in you home state that would be great.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you are that concerned about your lifestyle (whatever it may be); then you need to be discreet, otherwise people will be much less likely to be busybodies. Now; if you are doing something illegal; especially if a Felony...........you probably deserve to be caught and punished.

So, as there is no way to determin from just sight, wether a person is legal or illegal, I guess you treat everyone as if they are a Felon?

Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 PM

13,496 posts, read 13,978,373 times
in Europe many families live muti generation is one house. lots of ethnicity do this, Hawaiians among them. in a down economy there are added benefits. for people who were brought up in a one family house and moved out to be on their own, it is hard to imagine living with so many generations. it works for millions of people.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
So, as there is no way to determin from just sight, wether a person is legal or illegal, I guess you treat everyone as if they are a Felon?
Why not? Don't we treat EVERYONE who's boarding an airplane as if they were a suicide bomber? We look through their luggage....we look through their shoes...we hold them up in interminable lines...we 'glare' at them, we pat them down, and sometimes we even X-ray them....all because we "can't tell the GOOD people from the BAD ones"...(or at least, we SWEAR we can't)...

So yes, in regard to your post...you've pretty much 'hit the nail on the head'. When you can't tell the criminal from the 'good guy'...(because you're afraid to ask...or because you don't want to offend the criminal...or because the criminal may SUE YOU if you question him)...then, you're quite correct..in that case, we'll ALL be considered criminals. Welcome the the world of 'Political Correctness', where we can't penalize the bad guys, so we compensate by just penalizing everybody..

Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Why not? Don't we treat EVERYONE who's boarding an airplane as if they were a suicide bomber? We look through their luggage....we look through their shoes...we hold them up in interminable lines...we 'glare' at them, we pat them down, and sometimes we even X-ray them....all because we "can't tell the GOOD people from the BAD ones"...(or at least, we SWEAR we can't)...

So yes, in regard to your post...you've pretty much 'hit the nail on the head'. When you can't tell the criminal from the 'good guy'...(because you're afraid to ask...or because you don't want to offend the criminal...or because the criminal may SUE YOU if you question him)...then, you're quite correct..in that case, we'll ALL be considered criminals. Welcome the the world of 'Political Correctness', where we can't penalize the bad guys, so we compensate by just penalizing everybody..
You give up you right to privacy when you choose to fly, flying isnt a right, it a mode of transportation.

I believe in the tenets of the Constitution, Innocent until proven guilty;
of the 5th and 14th amendments.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
You give up you right to privacy when you choose to fly, flying isnt a right, it a mode of transportation.

I believe in the tenets of the Constitution, Innocent until proven guilty;
of the 5th and 14th amendments.
And the only way that innocence/guilt can be proven is through investigation. I consider being checked at the airport a method of investigation to protect me and my fellow travelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or