U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 PM

3 posts, read 2,594 times

Advertisements

Before I say anything else I want to say I'm all for immigration as long as it's done the proper way and I don't care what color, nationality or creed an individual is if they're "undocumented" they need to be sent home.
I have a solution to the anchor baby problem, it's not going to be a popular one (either side) but I'll throw it out there. I say we offer these people a few choices when one of these women are caught having an anchor baby.
Choice one: she and her child (and the rest of the family) goes back home and doesn't return to the US unless legal. If found doing it again or in the country again all non-citizens (kids included) they've brought with them will be sterilized and sent home and the adults will work doing labor to pay off the anchor babies and their sterilations and bus tickets home.

Choice two:Give the baby up for adoption and give up all right to the child. Give her list of people wanting to adopt and say "pick your baby's new mom and dad". Then she gets sent home along with any non-legals with her. If caught again same consequences as choice one.

Choice three:Keep the baby and not get sent home, become a citizen along with the rest of your immediate family (husband and kids) under these circumstances, (these must be done BEFORE citizenship is granted) all undocumented individuals be sterilized right away (within a week of baby's birth) before becoming citizens (this aplies to her other non-citizen kids as well as her and the new baby's father. If they want they can have reversals after a 7 year waiting period if they can afford to pay for it, this way they can't have babies just for the welfar check), have it take 7 years for full citizenship. take citizenship classes and learn english, get a job and pay back the government for the birth and care of the new baby AND sterilization of the other illegals found with the mother chosing to become legal. (Handle this like a federal or student loan so it can't be forgiven in a bankruptcy). Have random check-ups from immigration officals to make sure there is no one else with out documentaion residing in the household, if there is this will be terms for deportation and rejection of citizenship. Give them a time table to become productive (able to support themselves without public assistance) members of the nation or they go back to their country of origin. If they don't meet requirements or break the rules the indivuduals who did so will be deported while all minor children are put up for adoption or sent home with the parents, except the child born in the US, he/she will be put up for adoption no matter what.

I'm sure this would stop alot of anchor babies from being born. Like I said both sides wouldn't like my solutions but the way I figure it is if there are policies like these it will make the person think twice before having a baby just to stay in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 03:12 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
The purpose for this thread is just that as well as to inform those who have no clue how this amendment is being abused by (I STRESS) Illegal Aliens.
No undocumented alien ever went before the Supreme Court and asked for a ruling on the 14th. Im sure someone informed the alien parents of a school age child that the school was acepting all children regardless of immigration status.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:18 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDemi View Post
Before I say anything else I want to say I'm all for immigration as long as it's done the proper way and I don't care what color, nationality or creed an individual is if they're "undocumented" they need to be sent home.
I have a solution to the anchor baby problem, it's not going to be a popular one (either side) but I'll throw it out there. I say we offer these people a few choices when one of these women are caught having an anchor baby.
Choice one: she and her child (and the rest of the family) goes back home and doesn't return to the US unless legal. If found doing it again or in the country again all non-citizens (kids included) they've brought with them will be sterilized and sent home and the adults will work doing labor to pay off the anchor babies and their sterilations and bus tickets home.

Choice two:Give the baby up for adoption and give up all right to the child. Give her list of people wanting to adopt and say "pick your baby's new mom and dad". Then she gets sent home along with any non-legals with her. If caught again same consequences as choice one.

Choice three:Keep the baby and not get sent home, become a citizen along with the rest of your immediate family (husband and kids) under these circumstances, (these must be done BEFORE citizenship is granted) all undocumented individuals be sterilized right away (within a week of baby's birth) before becoming citizens (this aplies to her other non-citizen kids as well as her and the new baby's father. If they want they can have reversals after a 7 year waiting period if they can afford to pay for it, this way they can't have babies just for the welfar check), have it take 7 years for full citizenship. take citizenship classes and learn english, get a job and pay back the government for the birth and care of the new baby AND sterilization of the other illegals found with the mother chosing to become legal. (Handle this like a federal or student loan so it can't be forgiven in a bankruptcy). Have random check-ups from immigration officals to make sure there is no one else with out documentaion residing in the household, if there is this will be terms for deportation and rejection of citizenship. Give them a time table to become productive (able to support themselves without public assistance) members of the nation or they go back to their country of origin. If they don't meet requirements or break the rules the indivuduals who did so will be deported while all minor children are put up for adoption or sent home with the parents, except the child born in the US, he/she will be put up for adoption no matter what.

I'm sure this would stop alot of anchor babies from being born. Like I said both sides wouldn't like my solutions but the way I figure it is if there are policies like these it will make the person think twice before having a baby just to stay in the country.
America's up in arms about the police checking documents, and you want to sterilize...

Old 05-25-2010, 08:44 PM

3 posts, read 2,594 times
As I said no one was going to like my solution. The reason behind the sterilzations is that it's a big deterant. It would also help ease the stress that muliple anchor babies cause to our communities. And as illegal aliens they don't have the same rights as citizens do. It's not like they don't have a choice in the matter. Chosing to cross the border and have another anchor baby is chosing to be sterilized. I can't count how many illegals I have heard brag about their status (and fake ID's) and that they were having another baby so no one will ever think about tossing their butts back to their country. I've worked at meat packing plants where the ladies would have two or three babies each no more then 10-12 months apart (all the pregnancies and deliveries were free to them thanks to the tax payers) just so ICE wouldn't have a chance to deport them or the fathers.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:18 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,137,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
H.R.1868 - Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009

OpenCongress Summary

This bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S. Current U.S. law automatically recognizes any person born on American soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens.
I'm not good with the "undocumented" immigrant serving in the military. I know that is their way to citizenship, but I'm not happy with it. Some have sincerely wanted to fight in order to become a citizen, but you can't trust everyone. Of course, if a solid background check is done, LOL,.....

Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,137,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
OpenCongress Summary

This bill would eliminate birthright citizenship for children born to undocumented immigrants in the U.S. Current U.S. law automatically recognizes any person born on American soil as a natural born citizen. Under the bill, only children with at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, or an undocumented immigrant serving in the military would be considered citizens.

.................................................. .................................................. ...................

One problem with this legislation...Its Un constitutional. the 14th states...

Section 1.All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;

Since the constitution considers them Citizen at birth, NO STATE ...not even congress can remove any rights granted to them at birth. Parentage is not a condition for citizenship under the 14th.

A simple law "Clarifing citizenship" by congress is not enough, there has to be an amendment to the Constitution, stating that persons born on US soil must have One parent being a US citizen at time of birth.
Amending the Constitution makes me uncomfortable. We will slice and dice it until it's nothing some day.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm not good with the "undocumented" immigrant serving in the military. I know that is their way to citizenship, but I'm not happy with it. Some have sincerely wanted to fight in order to become a citizen, but you can't trust everyone. Of course, if a solid background check is done, LOL,.....
Illegal aliens cannot serve in the military and it should remain so.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 PM

378 posts, read 357,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDemi View Post
Sterilization would solve a great many of this nation's problems.

No one ever seems to address this issue . . . yada, yada, everyone talks about "comprehensive immigration reform" and civil rights and humanity. They talk about votes and labor and equality and racism. But no one talks about the REAL problem: Uncontrolled breeding.

Hispanics have been encouraged for decades to breed - the theory being that there is power in numbers. Well guess what, THEY ARE RIGHT. The plans were set in motion and they've been begetting and begetting and it's all coming into play, just like they planned . . . a"numbers takeover" of America. It gives them manpower, consumer power, and voting power.

And all the while, Americans sit back and talk about religious beliefs and personal rights . . . god forbid we should tell someone they can't have any more kids.

Well now, all that begettin' is gettin' this country in major trouble.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 PM

60,130 posts, read 30,614,837 times
Pretty sure Nancy Pelosi has had a chance to vote on this issue... Guess how it went??

The 14th amendment was introduced into the Constitution to allow slaves to become US citizens after the emancipation. Since then it has been misused for decades to allow literally millions of illegal alien anchor babies - and their illegal parents and families - to remain in this country.
So far HR 1940, the Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007 introduced in April, 2007 to end the practice of abuse of birthright [COLOR=#000899 ! important][COLOR=#000899 ! important]citizenship[/color][/color], has 57 cosponsors. It was introduced by Representative Nathan Deal of Georgia.
Below are the current co-sponsors of the Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007. If you don't see your representative on this list call toll free at the [COLOR=#000899 ! important][COLOR=#000899 ! important]congressional[/color][/color] switchboard ( 1-866-340-9281 ) and urge them to sign on. If you do see your representatives name on there, call and thank them for standing up for America.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:52 PM

23,707 posts, read 16,021,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I can't wait for ass whipping the Democrats are going to get on November 2, 2010!
How will that benefit you? Tell me what will change for the better if the Republicans take control. Seriously, what have they done for the average American when they had the chance and the votes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration