U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,399,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
As if America was owned by those who oppose immigration.
Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS..
America’s Shame: Hatred of Illegal Immigrants

By

“You lie!” shouted Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) at President Obama, in what Bill Maher compared to an episode of Tourette syndrome. Wilson’s unprecedented breach of legislative decorum concerned the President’s statement to a joint session of Congress that illegal aliens would not receive free health care under reform legislation. Why should the mere suspicion of a compassionate stance toward aliens stir such a display of outrage?

The way we have treated these hard-working people is disgusting, immoral, despicable and outrageous. They are accorded little more respect than slaves. It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform. Let’s keep our golden door open. Let’s acknowledge the valuable contribution made to our country and our economy by all immigrants, legal and otherwise. I don’t advocate this out of some sentimental notion of morality or charity–but rather because it is in our long-term national self-interest.

http://www.blacksun.com/current-aff_americas-shame-hatred-of-illegal-immigrants_2009.html (broken link)
Irrational Barking at the Moon doesn't like the way that the Mexican invasion of ininvited and unwanted illegal border jumpers are being treated? Maybe then these illegal Mexican border jumpers should take the hint and get the hell out of our country? No? Maobama did lie about illegal aliens getting free health care in his Obamacare because the left wing amnesty democratic politicians refused to require proof of citizenship to receive free Obamacare.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,492,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do you think that you just proved a point about illegal immigration?
If you do then you're not very bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Not to the obtuse I didn't:

Alcaraz, Angel Godinez
Alvarado, Jeronimo
Araiza, Gustavo
Avila, Guillermo Lua
Banuelos, Baldomero Barrientos
Bojorques, Juan DeDios Lopez
Carrasco, Primitivo Reyes......

Are they illegal? Why the personal insults?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 AM

12,936 posts, read 18,489,119 times
Quote:

By

“You lie!” shouted Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) at President Obama, in what Bill Maher compared to an episode of Tourette syndrome. Wilson’s unprecedented breach of legislative decorum concerned the President’s statement to a joint session of Congress that illegal aliens would not receive free health care under reform legislation. Why should the mere suspicion of a compassionate stance toward aliens stir such a display of outrage?

The way we have treated these hard-working people is disgusting, immoral, despicable and outrageous. They are accorded little more respect than slaves. It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform. Let’s keep our golden door open. Let’s acknowledge the valuable contribution made to our country and our economy by all immigrants, legal and otherwise. I don’t advocate this out of some sentimental notion of morality or charity–but rather because it is in our long-term national self-interest.

http://www.blacksun.com/current-aff_americas-shame-hatred-of-illegal-immigrants_2009.html (broken link)
Native Americans did not spring from the ground, even they are immigrants from Asia 11,000 or so years ago.

Many modern tribes are more recent immigrants to their lands too. The Navajo language is related to those in Western Canada, where they migrated from in the 1400's. The Lakota are origionally from what would become Minnesota; they migrated to their historic homelands around the Black Hills in the 1700's, after they were pushed out by the Great Lakes tribes, who were in turn being pushed West by the whites.

In fact, ALL humanity has gone through continual phases of migration, displacement, flux and change. The current illegal immigration debacle is just an example of nature at work. This has been happening for tens of thousands of years.

Irrational hatred for immigrants is a natural reaction from a declining people. No, it's not fair or right (for either side), it just is, It also isn't reversable, because the name of this game is numbers and white people stopped having enough babies.

But there is a a sense of peace that comes from the understanding that it's a natural process. Yelling at immigration won't make it go away; it's better to take cover and/or adapt to the conditions that such macroscale forces create. Hatred and condesension is the worst thing you can do, as it leads to violence.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Native Americans did not spring from the ground, even they are immigrants from Asia 11,000 or so years ago.

Many modern tribes are more recent immigrants to their lands too. The Navajo language is related to those in Western Canada, where they migrated from in the 1400's. The Lakota are origionally from what would become Minnesota; they migrated to their historic homelands around the Black Hills in the 1700's, after they were pushed out by the Great Lakes tribes, who were in turn being pushed West by the whites.

In fact, ALL humanity has gone through continual phases of migration, displacement, flux and change. The current illegal immigration debacle is just an example of nature at work. This has been happening for tens of thousands of years.

Irrational hatred for immigrants is a natural reaction from a declining people. No, it's not fair or right (for either side), it just is, It also isn't reversable, because the name of this game is numbers and white people stopped having enough babies.

But there is a a sense of peace that comes from the understanding that it's a natural process. Yelling at immigration won't make it go away; it's better to take cover and/or adapt to the conditions that such macroscale forces create. Hatred and condesension is the worst thing you can do, as it leads to violence.
There is nothing natural about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION but it has nothing to do with hate. Do you know of any country in the world that welcomes the takeover of their country, their culture and langauge by a foreign group illegally in their country?

White people stopped having babies? LOL! Whites in our country are procreating at replacement levels. Who are foreingers here illegally in our country to tell us how many babies we should be producing? It is none of their business!

No, we need to start enforcing our immigration laws at the border and internally, not lay down and take this invasion as if it were something natural. Even the native indians didn't do that. Did it make them haters to try and protect what they deemed was theirs? Today it doesn't have to become violent unless our government continues to allow this invasion. You had better hope they put a stop to this and don't give another amnesty or we will have no other recourse.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Quote:

It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform.
Do you live in a house or apartment and pay rent or a mortgage? If so, do you consider it YOUR residence; or, do the previous renters/owners still have a legal right to enter and occupy at will? If you work, does your predecessor have a right to return to the workplace, sit at your desk, and collect your paycheck; or, is it now YOUR job?

This is the year 2010, and much has changed since the European settlers landed on these shores. Deals were made, wars were fought, and there were winners and losers. I hate to burst your bubble, but this is OUR country (U.S. citizens) -- those opposing amnesty, as well as supporters; and, everyone did NOT migrate here. Please refer to the USCIS website for the definition of “immigrant.”

Those who choose to relocate to the USA from a foreign land must abide by our “current” immigration laws. If you disagree with our laws, you should fight to have them changed. In the meantime, if you are here without permission, or aid and abet illegal aliens, you are a lawbreaker, and should be treated accordingly.

Since you injected Bible scripture:

Exodus 20:15 – Thou shalt not steal
Proverb 29:24 - Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul:
Exodus 20:17 - Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house . . . , nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
Mark 12:17 - And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.
Joshua 24:8 - And I brought you into the land of the Amorites, which dwelt on the other side Jordan; and they fought with you: and I gave them into your hand, that ye might possess their land; and I destroyed them from before you.

BTW, if you and other delusional Reconquista advocates wish to fight us for our land, then bring it on! I assure you, you WILL lose, AGAIN.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,521,990 times
Quote:
Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS.
I would really like to see you TRY to provide proof that statement.
Do a web search for the words "Old North Trail"

Old 02-01-2010, 10:26 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

In case you don’t know, white people are not the only citizens of this country; and we are ALL still having babies. Furthermore, there are still more of us (citizens) than illegal aliens of any race/ethnicity. You and other Reconquista dreamers will be sorely disappointed.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:29 AM

8,037 posts, read 8,102,433 times
Quote:
It is not Your country. Sigh. I will reiterate once again.
Unless you are of Native American heritage...this is not your country.
You are an immigrant. Who knows what course your ancestors took upon their arrival here.
Tough friggin crap! There was no rule of law here back then, now there is. History is full of societies that could not do anything about invasion and take over.... We can and we should do everything in our power to stop the ILLEGAL immigration into our country....

Old 02-01-2010, 10:31 AM

10,961 posts, read 7,744,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Are they illegal? Why the personal insults?
Why did you adopt in insulting tone in your first reply to my message?

Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,662,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Not out country? didn't we play cowboys and indians and win? guess it's time to play cowboys and illegal aliens....
And this time around: most of the Cherokee, Navajo, Comanche, etc. will be some of the cowboys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration