U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 12:40 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
That the hispanic population will increase, the white population will become a minority, that speaking Spanish in the US will become more important (maybe even necessary) as time goes on, especially here in the Southwest.

Also, racial tension and violence will only increase, as demonstrated by angry posts from all the hardcore minutemen in this forum. That eventuality is what bothers me the most.
What you don't get is that the Hispanic population is increasing mostly through illegal immigration (of which you probably don't care about because it appears that is what you are salivanting over). That isn't natural nor would any country in the world welcome a takevover by a foreign group by illegal immigration. What if millions of Chinese invaded Mexico illegally and changed the demographics of their country? It would be the same thing and Mexicans would have every right to object!

I know of no Minutemen in this forum. Does someone have to be a Minuteman to be opposed to illegal immigration? No, we are your everyday Americans. Why shouldn't we be angry over an illegal invasion of our country? No, what bothers you is that there is objection to your anti-American agenda.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-01-2010 at 12:57 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM

324 posts, read 493,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
As if America was owned by those who oppose immigration.
Everyone here migrated except NATIVE AMERICANS..
America’s Shame: Hatred of Illegal Immigrants

By

“You lie!” shouted Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) at President Obama, in what Bill Maher compared to an episode of Tourette syndrome. Wilson’s unprecedented breach of legislative decorum concerned the President’s statement to a joint session of Congress that illegal aliens would not receive free health care under reform legislation. Why should the mere suspicion of a compassionate stance toward aliens stir such a display of outrage?

The way we have treated these hard-working people is disgusting, immoral, despicable and outrageous. They are accorded little more respect than slaves. It’s especially hypocritical, since most of the ‘patriots’ who oppose immigration reform claim to subscribe to individualism, a strong work-ethic, and religious notions of morality which hold precepts like “be your brother’s keeper,” and “if you’ve done it unto the least of these my brethren, you’ve done it unto me.” I urge all Americans to reconsider their opposition to immigration reform. Let’s keep our golden door open. Let’s acknowledge the valuable contribution made to our country and our economy by all immigrants, legal and otherwise. I don’t advocate this out of some sentimental notion of morality or charity–but rather because it is in our long-term national self-interest.

http://www.blacksun.com/current-aff_americas-shame-hatred-of-illegal-immigrants_2009.html (broken link)
Get life!
You are way off! Probably one of those illegals who are desperate not to be deported...

Old 02-01-2010, 12:53 PM

12,904 posts, read 18,458,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What you don't get is that the Hispanic population is increasing mostly through illegal immigration. That isn't natural nor would any country in the world welcome a takevover by a foreign group by illegal immigration. What if millions of Chinese invaded Mexico illegally and changed the demographics of their country? It would be the same thing and Mexicans would have every right to object!

I know of no Minutemen in this forum. Does someone have to be a Minuteman to be opposed to illegal immigration? No, we are your everyday Americans. Why shouldn't we be angry over an illegal invasion of our country? No, what bothers you is that there is objection to your anti-American agenda.
Wow, now I have an "anti-american agenda"?! Typical hate speech.

I'm saying the trend is already established and is pretty much irreversable. It's bigger than you or me, and if you are gonna "help" by setting up a sniper position on the border you are doing everything wrong.

But it's gonna blow up eventually and people will die that shouldn't have to. When will we grow up and realize we are all humans first, not just Americans or Mexicans, legals or illegals?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:00 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
That the hispanic population will increase, the white population will become a minority, that speaking Spanish in the US will become more important (maybe even necessary) as time goes on, especially here in the Southwest.

Also, racial tension and violence will only increase, as demonstrated by angry posts from all the hardcore minutemen in this forum. That eventuality is what bothers me the most.
I would be the LAST one to complain about an increase in the “Hispanic” population, given that I have contributed to that increase through the birth of my son. I don’t believe anyone opposes population growth from those legally residing in this country. However, I for one, resent a population increase due to illegal immigration. I also resent having my tax dollars used to support this illegally-generated population explosion. Furthermore, the projected demographics are based on the birthrates of millions of illegal aliens. Eliminate illegal immigration, and the future will be quite different.

Racial tension? What “race” might that be? I am angry because my government has facilitated massive illegal immigration to the detriment of this country. I don’t care what their skin color, nationality, or language may be. If they are here illegally, I object. When did the opposition to lawlessness become something to be demonized?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,088,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Plus there's the Cickashaw, Shawnee, Blackfoot and more Native Indian Tribes in OK just waiting to fight off Illegals of any and every ethnicity.
It's a good thing you got the Native Americans on your side...Have you seen an American Teens lately? The're so FAT, they couldn't fit on a horse if their life depended on it. Good thing the Eskimos aren't down here, or they'd club 'em...thinking they were baby Walrus

Old 02-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Wow, now I have an "anti-american agenda"?! Typical hate speech.

I'm saying the trend is already established and is pretty much irreversable. It's bigger than you or me, and if you are gonna "help" by setting up a sniper position on the border you are doing everything wrong.

But it's gonna blow up eventually and people will die that shouldn't have to. When will we grow up and realize we are all humans first, not just Americans or Mexicans, legals or illegals?
So it isn't anti-American to salivate about the takeover our country by illegal aliens most from one ethnic group? How is that hate speech rahte than the facts?

No, it isn't irreversable and why you find the need to rub it in our faces certainly justifies my term "anti-American". I never said anything about setting up snipers on the borders. Many good and workable solutions have already been provided in here by many of us. They would work so that is probably why you would object to them.

Being human has nothing to do with it. All lawbreakers are human but so what? They still have to abide by the rules and pay for their crimes when they don't. Does Mexico think that humans aren't human because they have immigration laws? Is that your opinion of all nations or just the USA?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
It's a good thing you got the Native Americans on your side...Have you seen an American Teens lately? The're so FAT, they couldn't fit on a horse if their life depended on it. Good thing the Eskimos aren't down here, or they'd club 'em...thinking they were baby Walrus

Obesity is a problem with all ethnicities and nationalities. I have seen much fatter Hispanics than non-Hispanics where I live. Don't know if they are illegal or not but it must be their diet or maybe lazynest, like white Americans are constantly being accused of in here.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:31 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Guess you don't know the difference between hate and a difference of opinion? Hate seems to be the new catch word for the pro-illegal crowd along with the race card.
Yes indeed. Hate is the new card being played. It’s the strategy of the desperate.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:37 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,792,258 times
I really do not hate anyone. I was not raised that way.

I don't like people breaking the law and thinking they should get special treatment. That is unfair to people who follow the rules.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 PM

156 posts, read 111,947 times
Yes, indeed, it is unfair. Sometimes I think that we should on a case-by-case basis give some of the illegals a chance to regularize their status--maybe not a "path to citizenship," but some kind of permit to allow those here working and not committing any violent crimes to remain. But I always come back to the same starting point: it didn't work in 1986, and there is no way to justify it to the millions of people worldwide who have waited patiently in line, and followed all the proper procedures. There's just no way to get around that in my mind.

I, too, have no hate towards those here illegally. I imagine many of them are good people; however, they have shown a total disrespect to this nation and its people. I don't care what their ethnicity, from where they come. Those who come here with a revanchist mindset, or who are brainwashed into it later, are that much more odious to me.

Another amnesty would only send the message that we do not respect our own nation and its borders and so why should anyone else. It would only encourage more illegal immigration/visa overstay IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration